Fuel Surcharge And Tipping

StuartLittle

If Carnival reinstates the fuel surcharge, should I reduce the extra tips that I normally give to the employees of Carnival? If so, how much should I reduce it by without being too cheap or too generous? I want to try and be in between what everybody else is doing. :p

If Carnival reinstates the fuel surcharge, should I reduce the extra tips that I normally give to the employees of Carnival? If so, how much should I reduce it by without being too cheap or too generous? I want to try and be in between what everybody else is doing. :p

What in heavens name does one have to do with the other? If your cabin cost goes down do you increase the amount that you tip? If it goes up do you decrease the amount you tip?

The fuel charge has nothing to do with tipping. Those who serve you hand and foot on the ship have nothing to do with Carnival Corporate's decisions.

The suggested auto-tip is in effect no matter what the price of the cruise is.....so just leave it on your account.

Don't stiff those folks just because you don't like Carnival's pricing policy...not their fault.

What in heavens name does one have to do with the other? If your cabin cost goes down do you increase the amount that you tip? If it goes up do you decrease the amount you tip?

Why yes, yes I do (though I've never had a cabin increase once I've booked).

I typically tip generously (recently learned a bit too generously). I was just wondering what others are/will do if the surcharge is reinstated. :p

The fuel charge has nothing to do with tipping. Those who serve you hand and foot on the ship have nothing to do with Carnival Corporate's decisions.

The suggested auto-tip is in effect no matter what the price of the cruise is.....so just leave it on your account.

Don't stiff those folks just because you don't like Carnival's pricing policy...not their fault.

wow, you fell for it, ..... like I said someone would.

You even posted below his other post, with the smile and grinning smilies where he asked if the fuel surcharge had been implemented yet, after 3 pages of answers .... you should have picked up on one of these posts being for fun??

Haven't you fiqured out that G'Ma NEVER reads a thread.

He/she just read the original post and replies. Doesn't matter if the question has been answered a thousand times or if the OP comes back and says thanks for the responses, he/she still posts to a thread. Guess thats the way to get the post count up

I think you should do a poll.....but if you do make sure you put down the selections that only please you;):D

I can't wait for the title of his next thread or poll:

"If Carnival adds fuel surcharges should I pay for it out of my tips and eliminate the tux rental for Elegant Nights

OR

Smuggle all my booze onboard and eliminate shipboard excursions to cover some of the fuel surcharges

OR

Have only 18 beers per day instead of 20 ?" :D

Stuart, when RCI instituted the fuel charge last year, I put some money from my extra-tip-pool-for-my-Feb-2009-Majesty-of-the-Seas cruise and put it back under my mattress. It'd say it amounted to about $3/day per person.

Unfortunately the fuel charge was then dropped so I had to take the money out from under the mattress and put it back into the jar. But I did decrease it to $2/day.

You gotta do what you gotta do in these trying times.

I think you should do a poll.....but if you do make sure you put down the selections that only please you;):D

That's a GREAT idea!!! I think I'll make it annonymous, but leave out lots of stuff so you have to post to answer. I just know I'll get so much useful information not only for myself, but everyone else as well. :D

Thank you for a great suggestion!! ;)

For those who haven't figured it out yet, this thread is a joke. It stems from G'mas post today titled "Some encourage news from Mickey......", Post #9 StuartLittle says "So should I post a thread asking about it tomorrow then?". Then there was a thread today with a poll about tipping - how much do you tip, that StuartLittle so cleverly threw in there.

Sorry for ruining your fun StuartLittle. I did think it was funny though :D

I can't wait for the title of his next thread or poll:

"If Carnival adds fuel surcharges should I pay for it out of my tips and eliminate the tux rental for Elegant Nights

OR

Smuggle all my booze onboard and eliminate shipboard excursions to cover some of the fuel surcharges

OR

Have only 18 beers per day instead of 20 ?" :D

Don't wear a tux, I prefer denim.

I already smuggle all my own booze as it is.

No need to cut back on the beers. I bring my own and have a Carnival plastic cup from my last cruise to pour it in. I don't purchase my excursions through Carnival either (people really do that?? :confused:) :eek:

Any other suggestions on how to cut back beside my extra tips? :D

Archived