Soaps and Shampoo

bsfd118

I have sensitivity to most "cheap" soaps and many "not cheap" soaps. I have had no trouble at all with the soaps on Carnival ships, both the hand soap and the shower gel. I believe the shower gel is Lever 2000. The shampoo is Dove, or at least that's how it is labeled. I don't know what the bar hand soap is, but I like it. Both the shower gel and shampoo are in a dispenser in the shower.

You didn't ask, but just in case you wondered, they also provide samples of Crest toothpaste and popular brands of disposable razors, body lotion, etc. I have stopped packing toothpaste, because the Crest samples are there. Why not use them?

There are dispensers of shower gel and shampoo.

The dispensers used to be labeled Lever 2000 and Dove, but for the last 2-3 years, I've noticed the labels are missing. The stuff in there is generic.

Fellow CCer, DGP1111, posted a picture on one of the threads around here awhile back of the industrial size shampoo bottle they use to fill up the dispensers. Definately generic.

Generally, the men don't care and the women do. I bring my own shampoo so my hair doesn't feel like straw after shampooing.

There are dispensers of shower gel and shampoo.

The dispensers used to be labeled Lever 2000 and Dove, but for the last 2-3 years, I've noticed the labels are missing. The stuff in there is generic.

Fellow CCer, DGP1111, posted a picture on one of the threads around here awhile back of the industrial size shampoo bottle they use to fill up the dispensers. Definately generic.

Generally, the men don't care and the women do. I bring my own shampoo so my hair doesn't feel like straw after shampooing.

I agree with the shampoo. I had no issues with the body wash, but the shampoo just wasn't for me. I will be bringing my own in October.

I can't resist...

hostmach ... are you SURE the yellow stuff is shampoo???? looks a LITTLE like, uh..Umm....a "SPECIMIN!":rolleyes::eek:

sorry! i am in weird humor............still trying to digest the fact that i booked the Pride 14 days before sailing!:eek: THUS....i can't wait...........neither can mom! So....I pass the time trying to be funny!:p

Seriously thanks for the pic....and your ability to keep the peeps here sailing smoothly!:D

In my opinion, the blue stuff smelled suspiciously like a flea shampoo I used to buy for my dogs. That stuff wasn't cheap nor generic, so I doubt that's what it is. It sure smelled like it though! The other option was a rose scented bar soap (we bought a bar of antibacterial soap at our first port). Now we just bring a small bar of whatever sample we can find.

Sol y Mar

In my opinion, the blue stuff smelled suspiciously like a flea shampoo I used to buy for my dogs. That stuff wasn't cheap nor generic, so I doubt that's what it is. It sure smelled like it though! The other option was a rose scented bar soap (we bought a bar of antibacterial soap at our first port). Now we just bring a small bar of whatever sample we can find.

Sol y Mar

I thought the same thing - kind of an odd medicinal pet shampoo smell to it.

I bring along my own shampoo & shower gel - Bath & Body Works has travel sizes. I tried the generic stuff and didn't like either really. In seven sailings, we've yet to see Lever or Dove on a ship - just the blue and yellow stuff.

I have sensitivity to most "cheap" soaps and many "not cheap" soaps. I have had no trouble at all with the soaps on Carnival ships, both the hand soap and the shower gel. I believe the shower gel is Lever 2000. The shampoo is Dove, or at least that's how it is labeled. I don't know what the bar hand soap is, but I like it. Both the shower gel and shampoo are in a dispenser in the shower.

You didn't ask, but just in case you wondered, they also provide samples of Crest toothpaste and popular brands of disposable razors, body lotion, etc. I have stopped packing toothpaste, because the Crest samples are there. Why not use them?

Be careful with that plan - our Glory trip in January we only had razors and Pepcid - no toothpaste! :eek:

Be careful with that plan - our Glory trip in January we only had razors and Pepcid - no toothpaste! :eek:

Agreed.

On Glory last month, we had the toothpaste but only a ladies razor.

Good thing I packed DH's razor. He mentioned not bringing his because they always have razors in the bowl.....not that time!

You never know for sure what's going to be in there.

But there was plenty of Benefiber.....lol! That was new for us.

Agreed.

On Glory last month, we had the toothpaste but only a ladies razor.

Good thing I packed DH's razor. He mentioned not bringing his because they always have razors in the bowl.....not that time!

You never know for sure what's going to be in there.

But there was plenty of Benefiber.....lol! That was new for us.

We had the same thing on the Pride last month - only a ladies' razor and no mens like usual. But there was toothpaste, Pepcid, and Benefiber samples. I thought I'd pass on the Benefiber and just make sure I ate some raisin bran for breakfast!

The baskets in the last year or so have been kind of sparse compared to what they used to be - i can remember one that was overflowing with stuff and even had a paperback romance novel in it. I'm not complaining, though - it's free and a great way for manufacturers to get people to try their product. I just don't count on any one item being there any more.

We just got home from a great trip on the Spirit in Alaska.

The 'shampoo' was something watered down and never lathered. I bought shampoo at our first port. I luckily brought conditioner.

So if you are even a little particular with any of your cleansers, my advice is to play it safe and bring your own.

Have fun on your cruise!

\

This is also how I remember it back when we were on the Fantasy in January!

We just got home from a great trip on the Spirit in Alaska.

The 'shampoo' was something watered down and never lathered. I bought shampoo at our first port. I luckily brought conditioner.

So if you are even a little particular with any of your cleansers, my advice is to play it safe and bring your own.

Have fun on your cruise!

Same for us when we were on the Pride last September. The shampoo was so useless I had to go into Wal Mart in Puerto Vallarta to buy shampoo. I always take conditioner anyway because those shampoo/conditioner combos just tie my hair in a big knot.

Archived