Bringing Open Drinks Through Security

We are going on the Monarch, through Port Canaveral. I know at air ports, at a certain point, they do not allow any open containers past. Normally it is right before security.

Is there any kind of rules like that for the security at the ports or boarding the ship? We are currently in an area where 7-Elevens don't exist so the ability to stop and get a "Real" slurpy is a big deal.

Are we going to be able to go through security and onto the ship with a 7-Eleven slurpy in our hands or are we going to need to finish them before hand?

Thanks

Jim

there are no restrictions unless you try to bring on booze, now whether they will think you are trying to smuggle booze, and deny you...who knows. Get the Slurpee early and finish it before boarding and they you can be assured you will have NO problems.

When we were sailing on Adventure this past March we were returning to the ship from St. Thomas and security would not let one of my family board with an open can of coke. It was either drink it down or though it out.

While waiting for the last passenger to stagger back to the ship 10 mins late, we watched as she chugged down her beer because they wouldn't allow her to board with the booze.

Why do people cheer when the late commers stroll up the gangplank? Should everyone boo for holding the ship up?:confused:

One cruise (can't remember which one anymore), when we left the ship upon returning to Florida, DH had a cup of coffee ... they made him throw it away before leaving the ship .... that was rough he loves his coffee!! :rolleyes: Jan

I have boarded numerous ships with an open diet coke and have never had a problem. Still get your slurpee early and drink up.

And if I had not been somewhat ahead in the line and heard what was going on at the time about this can of coke that had to be thown away I probably would have questioned the security guard about it. I think sometimes they make up their own rules... kind of like RCI's customer service reps.:p

Archived