Must see/Must do in St. Kitts?

CruiseLover824

We are visiting St. Kitts in a few weeks! We have booked through st kitts tour store dot com. We are ziplining. They have some great rates and their customer service has been fabulous. I will update you once we get back on how everything went!

• 2 weeks later...

Even if you have little interest in visiting a fortress, Brimstone Hill is a spectacular spot to visit. The realization that the massive fortress was created by hand is a wonder in and of itself. The views from the fortress (and do go to the top even if it means walking up the steep ramp) are simply breathtaking. If the weather is clear you can see several of the neighboring islands like St. Eustatius.

Even if you have little interest in visiting a fortress, Brimstone Hill is a spectacular spot to visit.

The realization that the massive fortress was created by hand is a wonder in and of itself.

The views from the fortress (and do go to the top even if it means walking up the steep ramp)

- are simply breathtaking.

If the weather is clear, you can see several of the neighboring islands like St. Eustatius.

Kinda like this...

BHill-138.jpg

StEustatius-201.jpg

If you look carefully in the mist

you can just about make out part of SABA's outline on the horizon at left

We were in St. Kitts a few years ago. We went to a fun beach that had monkeys and a huge pig. I haven't been able to find its name. Is it still there?

Hopefully, someone knows what I'm referring to.

Thanks,

Cathy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Enjoy a full island tour and visit the following:

Brimstone Hill Fortress

Romney Manor/Caribelle Batik

Black Rocks

Historical Basseterre - Independance Square

Ottleys and Rawlins Plantation

HI,

Do you have a person who you could recommend that will take us to these places ?

We appreciate all the help that yopu give on these sites.

Thanks so much,

Knarf(Frank backwards)

check out Rose and Jim taxi as well. Married couple with 2 new vans. Nicest people you'll ever meet. Very knowledgable about everything to do with St Kitts. Not pushy. will take you anywhere you want to go. I'll post the link in another post. We have used them twice now and couldn't be happier. Others have posted here about their experiences with them and they are all positive.

rose_jim at sisterisles dot kn

here's my old review from another thread.

tour prices are government controlled in St Kitts. There are preprinted menus of tours that each driver has with prices. We used Jim from Rose and Jim's (husband and wife) 2 years in a row doing different tours. We hired him for the whole day this year for about $200 (5 of us but his van would hold 10-11 comfortably). He was waiting in the taxi area when we disembarked. I understand that the prices are about to go up so I don't know what they'll be; we were actually quoted higher but when we arrived were told that the higher rates were not yet in effect. All prices are per person not per trip. We did a long island tour including a hike for the kids in the rain forest with great narratives. Saw ruins from the sugar processing plants of old. Went by the Fort, but didn't feel like hiking it. Stopped at the black beach where the lava flowed from the volcano 400 yrs ago; beautiful views. Saw the Batik store, gardens, etc. Saw some hurricane damages from Omar. He then dropped us at Cockleshell and returned at the agreed upon time and returned us to the ship. We paid him when we were finished. If anyone is interested, their email is rose_jim at sisterisles dot kn. Just FYI, I heard others on the ship complaining that they thought they had booked independent tours for their group and then found themselves on a bus type van with others not in their group. We had him all to ourselves; depends on what you want.

just FYI, be sure to read multiple threads and pay attention to who is posting them. Some of the operators are on the boards. We are just a family of 5 from CT who love to visit St Kitts on cruises! There are others here with good info from their experiences as well, but be careful of locals recommendations for tour operators. There were some disappointed passengers on our last cruise with the operators they booked privately.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! We are going on our 1st cruise on the Carnival Miracle in October of 2009!! We had booked our excursions through the ship but weren't really impressed with what they had to offer. Has anyone used the St. Kitt's Tour Store? It sounds like a lot of the trips go to the Reggae Beach Bar which sounds like fun to me! I really want to do the zip line excursion but hubby needs convincing! One of our concerns is getting back to the ship on time... is this company good about this?! :) Thanks for any info!

http://www.stkittstourstore.com/index.php

• 2 weeks later...

How much time does it take to get from the port to Cockleshell beach? We are thinking of doing an 8:30 a.m. train (3 hours), having lunch back on the ship, and then catching a cab to the Reggae Beach Bar. Our ship leaves at 5. Is this feasible?

We were in St. Kitts last November and toured with Thenford Grey. The tour was wonderful and Thenford could not have been nicer or more knowledgeable. We went to the Batik factory, Brimstone Fortress, and Cockelshell Beach with several photo stops in between. Thenford's van is new and very comfortable. He is highly intelligent and can answer just about any question that you might have about the island. I believe we only paid around $40 US per person and the tour lasted from 9:15 or 9:30 until 3:00 or 3:30. It was great!!!

Took tour with Thenford Grey. Best tour I have been on anywhere. And I have taken many.

He has a new bus and everything is perfect. You will see the entire island and very reasonable. Thenford was in management in the sugar industry before it crashed; therefore, he is very well spoken and intelligent. He is a family man with children attending college in the US.

• 4 weeks later...
How can we contact Thenford Grey to arrange a tour when we are in St. Kitts?

Go to www thenfordgrey and add com. I had to leave the periods out. The cost is $48 per person for the tour but they offer other options for more/less money.

Archived