Tv

MOOKIE544

Does Princess have HBO on cabin TVs? :confused:
No. Cruise ships subscribe to a satellite that has programs. Depending on where in the world the ship is, sometimes you get a US station, more often than not, you don't. Because cruise ships carry an international passenger mix, they usually carry BBC and CNN International. The stations or networks have to pay to be distributed by the satellite and cruiselines pay a substantial amount to receive the signal(s). Do not expect to see your favorite show or sports event. Unless it has international or worldwide interest, it won't be available. You will get Discovery Channel and sometimes Animal Planet but no ABC, NBC, CBS, Bravo, etc. I've been on some cruises that offered CNN from Atlanta and Fox News.

No. Cruise ships subscribe to a satellite that has programs. Depending on where in the world the ship is, sometimes you get a US station, more often than not, you don't. Because cruise ships carry an international passenger mix, they usually carry BBC and CNN International. The stations or networks have to pay to be distributed by the satellite and cruiselines pay a substantial amount to receive the signal(s). Do not expect to see your favorite show or sports event. Unless it has international or worldwide interest, it won't be available. You will get Discovery Channel and sometimes Animal Planet but no ABC, NBC, CBS, Bravo, etc. I've been on some cruises that offered CNN from Atlanta and Fox News.

It would be nice if Princess carried ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX like Carnival does. Well, I'm happy that there are two ESPNs (the international and the one that seems a mixture of ESPN2 and ESPN) as I got to see the Sox-Yankees game.

The Discovery, etc. type channels are old programming that exists on the ship, not current programming beamed in by satellite.

The ship does have two or three movie channels that will show a mix of movies that recently came on out DVD and some favorite oldies.

Archived