Dining Venues - Finally!

Well, the 9th is almost here. Has anyone given any thoughts as to which dining venues you will be booking?

Our cruise is on Jan 2nd, 2010, and we will be trying to prebook 150 Park, Giovanni's Table (lunch) and probably Chops. Looking at 150 Park the 1st night, Chops the last night, and Giovannis lunch on 1 of the sea days. We are signed up for MTD the rest of the time. Anyone else???

sweetone, not sure how much they make off the dining venues. My brother has a resort and he claims that restaurants make very little profit on food. Mos of the profit is made with drink orders.

Rob, I think since I am only doing the 4 day we are going to try to have a Critter dinner on our day at Labadee.

I have never paid for food on a cruise ship, not because I did not want to, because I chose not to. That is the great thing about cruising, it is all about choice.

Never left a cruise ship feeling hungry, as a matter of fact have always gained weight.:rolleyes:

Isn't that what it is all about, CHOICE!

I don't have a lot of cruises under my belt, and I know I missed the "glory days" when everything was free, but I have never felt forced to pay more then I was prepared to. I have enjoyed Chops and JR's and Portifino but I had included it in our budget, so no surprise! :D

I am so looking forward to the dining options available, and, if my budget for this cruise won't allow it, it will be the non-charge places for us!

Well, the 9th is almost here. Has anyone given any thoughts as to which dining venues you will be booking?

Our cruise is on Jan 2nd, 2010, and we will be trying to prebook 150 Park, Giovanni's Table (lunch) and probably Chops. Looking at 150 Park the 1st night, Chops the last night, and Giovannis lunch on 1 of the sea days. We are signed up for MTD the rest of the time. Anyone else???

I am looking forward to your review of the dining venues Rob.

I am looking forward to your review of the dining venues Rob.

No problem! I already booked these restaurants online, and will probably hit Izumi and Solarium for lunch as well. Hopefully the show schedules come out soon so I can avoid any conflicts with dining!!!

I didn't hear it that way as far as age restriction. What I thought I heard Adam say was they are testing out having no age restriction on one ship now in Chops to see how it goes. IF it goes well, they will remove the age restrictions for all dining venues fleet wide, so it's up in the air at the moment.

I saw children in Chops during my recent FOS cruise, so maybe that is where they were trying it out. There was only 1 or 2 kids, so I didn't find it bothersome.

Just went online to reserve dining. I was surprised that they require a credit card to hold a reservations. Does anyone know any way around this?

You must always pay in advance when you make dining reservations....just like shore excursions.

No problem! I already booked these restaurants online, and will probably hit Izumi and Solarium for lunch as well. Hopefully the show schedules come out soon so I can avoid any conflicts with dining!!!

I will be REAL curious to see how they are going to work that one out....sounds like a nightmare issue since there is no charge....seems like a potential reserving frenzy to me....if all you have to do is click and reserve people will be reserving every night possible to leave their options open....I will be very surprissed if they actually implement this plan...if they do it will have to require restrictions of sort....like only one reservation per booking

It wasn't entirely clear on the web site, but it looks like wine is included with Vini D'Italia which may justify the higher price. Still, probably too pricey for me. I'll probably try the Seafood Shack for lunch since I love seafood and it's a new and interesting offering.

If wine is included in the price that lets me out. I don't drink any alcoholic beverages, nothing against those who do, but I do not like subsidizing their drinks. That said, I guess anyone who pays $55 for a meal is not interested in the cost.

I will be REAL curious to see how they are going to work that one out....sounds like a nightmare issue since there is no charge....seems like a potential reserving frenzy to me....if all you have to do is click and reserve people will be reserving every night possible to leave their options open....I will be very surprissed if they actually implement this plan...if they do it will have to require restrictions of sort....like only one reservation per booking

Agree that it has the potential for being a huge problem. Hope they can come up with a system that's fair and equitable. I really like the IDEA of pre-booking shows, but don't see how it's going to come together yet.

Archived