Dining Venues - Finally!

The cheerleaders have long tried to stop and scare off anyone saying anything negative. They cannot stand it.

They will put you down, make fun of you, use name calling, etc it does not stop me from voicing my opinion.

At first I got mad at how long the pay list was but after watching the presentation today I quickly realized exactly what you have said. We get everything we got on the Freedom class and more. I personally can not wait to get a nice warm panini from the Central Park Café! So much variety of choices in getting snacks with all the new cafés and even better they are now made to order. How can someone not like this? We have never eaten at a pay restaurant before and looking at the menus I am not seeing anything I want anyway (hate seafood and not a big meat eater) so I really don't feel like that effects me at all.

Thank You for your kind words, I wish everyone would check things out 2 or 3 times before they get mad;)

Carol:)

We are excited to sail the Oasis just because of its size and offerings. As stated before you can b*t@h all you want about the extra charges, but you DO NOT have to pay them if you choose not to. There will be many great choices for dining without paying extra. :) So chill....:D

what's the juice package?:confused:

You have to pay for juice now? at breakfast???

There is a package that includes several bottles of minute maid juice. It is similar to the water package where you pay so much for a certain amount of bottled waters. And no, you do not have to pay for juice in the Windjammer or Dining Room. It's just another option.

What happened to the vino d'italia $54.50 meal?

That is what they are calling the wine/dinner combo in Portofino's on the Voyager/Radiance/Freedom-class ships. It is not a restaurant on Oasis.

They list it on the RCCL web site under Onboard Experiences > Dining.

I was curious about that too.

Mike

I must be missing something. :confused:

Ignore him, because he has an opinion? And this opinion differs from yours? And then POST to ignore him? :confused::confused:

He wants things to be included in his fare. Others are PLEASED to pay extra. RCCL likes the latter.

MrPete, if he wants everything included in his fare, the fare would be twice as expensive:(

I would rather pay a less fare and if I want to go out one or two nights on the Oasis, then I would have that choice to pay and it still would be cheaper than paying a higher fare:eek:

Carol:)

What I see people failing to realize is that this is a DISCUSSION board. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and entitled to express those opinions without ending up on the end of an e-tongue lashing. Some live, breathe and die their hatred for Oasis, some live, breathe, and die their love for it. Then there are those who are neutral. And guess what? EVERYBODY is allowed to express their opinion. That's what's great about this wonderful country we live in.

Everyone is free to state their opinion but none of our opinions are exempt from criticism. Most of our posts are free to be scrutinized like any other piece of information floating around these boards provided that the discourse is civil and falls withing the rules set forth by the administrators of this message board.

Everyone is free to state their opinion but none of our opinions are exempt from criticism. Most of our posts are free to be scrutinized like any other piece of information floating around these boards provided that the discourse is civil and falls withing the rules set forth by the administrators of this message board.

I agree. You do realize this applies to both ends of the spectrum, correct?

Seems like the majority of the complaining and negativity is coming primarily from those who will not even think about sailing on this ship. Why would you even bother with a thread about a ship you have no desire to sail?

They like the drama? :confused:

Seems like the majority of the complaining and negativity is coming primarily from those who will not even think about sailing on this ship. Why would you even bother with a thread about a ship you have no desire to sail?

I always find it amusing that these people who have already decided that this ship and/or cruise line is not for them insist that they are only expressing their opinion. They go out of their way to find our threads so that they can share with us how much they do not want to sail on the Oasis or with RCI. Providing us with many reasons that we should hate the ship and rebel against RCI for building it.

The reason the OP has started this thread is because they are excited about this ship and want to share that experience with other Oasis cruisers. Frankly I don't ask for and I don't want advice or opinions from someone who has already decided the Oasis is not for them.

Suggestions for those of you who find the Oasis so distasteful start your own thread and invite whoever you want to come join you in complaining. You also might want to find a ship that you feel good about and join their thread and bash the Oasis to your heart's content. Then you won't have to listen to all of us fool's.

I always find it amusing that these people who have already decided that this ship and/or cruise line is not for them insist that they are only expressing their opinion. They go out of their way to find our threads so that they can share with us how much they do not want to sail on the Oasis or with RCI. Providing us with many reasons that we should hate the ship and rebel against RCI for building it.

The reason the OP has started this thread is because they are excited about this ship and want to share that experience with other Oasis cruisers. Frankly I don't ask for and I don't want advice or opinions from someone who has already decided the Oasis is not for them.

Suggestions for those of you who find the Oasis so distasteful start your own thread and invite whoever you want to come join you in complaining. You also might want to find a ship that you feel good about and join their thread and bash the Oasis to your heart's content. Then you won't have to listen to all of us fool's.

Well said. I agree. I will be sailing on Oasis and I highly doubt I would ever sail another Carnival or NCL ship. So I guess that means I should head on over to one of those boards start some foolish bashing about a ship I will never sail on.

I love that there are more upscale choices on this ship! Why should ANYONE be outraged? If you don't want to pay for a meal, eat in the main dining room for heaven's sake.

I only ate once in the dining room last year on the Freedom as I found myself mostly eating the great salads at Sorrento's. I also loved hanging out at the Wine Bar watching the parade of people. French martinis and good wines were a great addition to my RCI experience.

There is a good portion of passengers, like myself, who want the upscale experience. Why deny that to those of us who don't mind paying extra? There are plenty of free choices for those who don't want to pay extra.

I am torn. I just looked thru all the dining options and the majority are additional charges. It just seems more and more things are extra. I eat at Portifinos and Chops and not much in the dining room, but it seems like the Oasis has taken additional costs to the limit.

Please dont flame, just my opinion. I had a cruise booked on Oasis but cancelled, want to hear some reviews first.

Hello again Everyone,

It would be extremely difficult to deny that the Oasis when she finally starts sailing will be an incredible experience. However considering her guest capacity will be almost 3 times that of the average ship, her dining offerings does need to be plenty and varied. For those who say Oasis has as many free eateries as the Voyager and Freedom class so what is the problem? The problem is that this ship carries at least 50% more passengers. And for those who say they would rather pay less and then pay for all the extras misses the point that they are already paying more.

And I in no way intend for this statement to be mean, however salads in Sorrentos is complimentary and would not be considered an upscale experience.

I stand by my earlier statement there are too many pay options. Other than Chops Grille, Park 150, Giovanni's table and Johnny Rockets, all other eateries should be included. Our teenage daughter asked us today if this means we will not be sailing on the Oasis? We told her that we eventually will but we are not paying $10 for fish fry. (She would love the Seafood Shack)

We have a family of 7 and usually travel with extended family members upwards of 50. I would find it really difficult to recommend the Oasis unless it was a good deal and everyone was comfortable with an Ala Carte

experience. So until then, I may very well be waving to you from a Carnival or some other ship.

Like most others, I anxiously await the rave reviews.

Samantha.

Years ago I worked for one of the first discount, ala cart airlines. It was amazing how many people would book their cheap seat, (at the time, at least $50 to $100 cheaper than the competitor) then complain or get irate when they had to pay $3 for a checked bag. Soo many could just not understand the idea of paying ONLY for the services you wanted (and NOT paying for someone elses expenses by having a higher fare.)

It seems that some of those same people have come to this board. For those of you who get it, great. For those who don't, think about it a little longer. If one wanted, one could have the EXACT same experience on Oasis as any other ship as far as paying/not paying extra for dining. For those who WANT a special dining option, the Oasis provides it. You pay for the services you use, and ONLY those. Don't complain that you aren't getting something that costs extra, that item hasn't been figured in your fare!!! If you really want it, save up and allow for it!

I'm just glad that I will be enjoying the ship as a passenger instead of working it and listening to the sometimes groundless complaints. Some of these posts bring back nightmarish memories. :eek:

And how old are you?? Grow up PLEASE.

I'm on these boards because the Oasis has intrigued me...in both good and horrible ways, so I'm going to book a cruise on it just so I can see it for myself first hand.

But the attitudes of some of you are really just disgusting. Its VERY hard to believe that this is a board full of adults. SMH. megacruisa wasn't at all rude in her post but you felt the need to come back with a really rude and childish response.

What I see people failing to realize is that this is a DISCUSSION board. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and entitled to express those opinions without ending up on the end of an e-tongue lashing. Some live, breathe and die their hatred for Oasis, some live, breathe, and die their love for it. Then there are those who are neutral. And guess what? EVERYBODY is allowed to express their opinion. That's what's great about this wonderful country we live in.

Well I see that you normally post on Carnival so that explains a lot.:rolleyes:

Misery loves company. They know that Royal Carbbean is bringing out the best ship around. Maybe they're jealous?:D

Years ago I worked for one of the first discount, ala cart airlines. It was amazing how many people would book their cheap seat, (at the time, at least $50 to $100 cheaper than the competitor) then complain or get irate when they had to pay $3 for a checked bag. Soo many could just not understand the idea of paying ONLY for the services you wanted (and NOT paying for someone elses expenses by having a higher fare.)

It seems that some of those same people have come to this board. For those of you who get it, great. For those who don't, think about it a little longer. If one wanted, one could have the EXACT same experience on Oasis as any other ship as far as paying/not paying extra for dining. For those who WANT a special dining option, the Oasis provides it. You pay for the services you use, and ONLY those. Don't complain that you aren't getting something that costs extra, that item hasn't been figured in your fare!!! If you really want it, save up and allow for it!

I'm just glad that I will be enjoying the ship as a passenger instead of working it and listening to the sometimes groundless complaints. Some of these posts bring back nightmarish memories. :eek:

Amazing that someone reads and gets their facts before posting. Refreshing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1;):D

Anyone else notice a bad misspelling on the Izumi menu? They list:

Asian inspired Caramel Flan

Delicate ginger scented flan with leeches

Leeches, ewww. I think they meant lychees (chinese fruit) which is very different from leeches (bloodsuckers).

You might be right, it all depends on what they actually serve on the day. If you are the non tippers list you could be in for a real surprise.

I must be missing something. :confused:

Ignore him, because he has an opinion? And this opinion differs from yours? And then POST to ignore him? :confused::confused:

He wants things to be included in his fare. Others are PLEASED to pay extra. RCCL likes the latter.

For once I actually agree with you, we are all entitled to our opinion. Shame you criticised mine when I differed from yours on another thread

Archived