Dining Venues - Finally!

Well' date=' I agree with you.

As for "dining", looks like unless you are willing to shell out money everytime you're hungry, your choices are sandwiches, hamburgers, hot dogs, soups and coffee.

I can't believe folks would seriously consider this over-hyped floating shopping mall/amusement park......

It will probably be a sellout the first year...maybe even the second with folks booking out of curiosity and to say they've "been there"...but, I don't see it being a positive cruise experience and bookings will no doubt fall off once the hype is over....and once folks realize just how much it's going to cost them.

Then, there's always the 7-day cruises to nowhere....or 7-days at sea during hurricane season when/if this monstrosity is not able to reach any of the few ports that can accommodate it. I can hear it now..... They certainly can't tender easily.

No thanks.....for cruising, I'll stick to cruise ships. I don't even go to the mall at home.[/quote']

Excuse Me! but you get the same free food on other cruise ships as you do on the Oasis, and you get more free food on the Oasis than you will get on other ship, so why don't you wait till it sails and ask the people that sailed on it if they were fed well:mad:

Carol:(

Excuse Me! but you get the same free food on other cruise ships as you do on the Oasis, and you get more free food on the Oasis than you will get on other ship, so why don't you wait till it sails and ask the people that sailed on it if they were fed well:mad:

It won't happen. The person in question has declared that she is a Carnival cheerleader. Don't you love those that make comments about something that they have no interest in? Kind of like the Carnival crowd that gets their knickers in a knot when someone that hasn't cruised Carnival calls the line a drunk party.

Keep in mind that most of the ones that are not happy with this ship are the 70 and over crowd. They would be happier on Holland America.:rolleyes:
Oh, I totally agree. When I wrote "this ship is not for everyone" I thought of my 80-yr old parents. But then I thought even they would love this ship!;)

OASIS OF THE SEAS INTRODUCES THE NEXT GENERATION OF DINING

Royal Caribbean Evolves Culinary Experiences with Al-Fresco Seating, Gourmet Venues and My Time Dining

MIAMI, June 24, 2009 – Launching in December 2009, Oasis of the Seas will set the stage for Royal Caribbean

International’s culinary innovations. The world’s most revolutionary cruise ship will offer guests more variety

and flexibility than ever before, thanks to 24 distinct dining experiences, ranging from an exclusive signature

restaurant, to neighborhood-specific themed venues and new twists on the global brand’s traditions.

Oasis of the Seas showcases the evolution of Royal Caribbean dining,” said Adam Goldstein,

president and CEO, Royal Caribbean International. “Both the new concepts and the established Royal

Caribbean offerings found throughout the neighborhoods are designed to meet contemporary dining

standards, cater to individual preferences and schedules and foster epicurean curiosity. With so many

options, guests could choose a new place to dine for every meal.”

Fleetwide, Royal Caribbean strives to deliver the best dining experience possible by continuously

developing innovative programs and upholding the highest culinary standards. As guests expectations

continue to rise, the global cruise line introduces new elements of variety and flexibility, such as My Time

Dining and My Family Time Dining. In addition, Royal Caribbean trains and certifies all culinary chefs

through the American Culinary Federation’s accredited education program and implements U.S. training

standards of safe alcohol service.

From breakfast to late night snacks, guest’s onboard Oasis of the Seas can find an extensive variety of

food and beverage offerings, available at no extra charge, that will satisfy any craving, providing more options

for breakfast, lunch and dinner than Royal Caribbean guests have ever had before. For additional

convenience, dinner reservations can be made in advance through new features on www.royalcaribbean.com

starting July 7, 2009. Let the culinary festival begin with the following highlights of the food and beverage

offerings onboard Oasis of the Seas:

Central Park

150 Central Park – The most exclusive dining venue on Oasis of the Seas, 150 Central Park will

provide an intimate dining experience that will combine leading-edge cuisine with modern design,

creating a trendy upscale ambiance. Signature features will include a tasting menu with customized

wine pairings. Open for dinner; $35 cover charge.

Giovanni’s Table – This Tuscan countryside influenced trattoria will be a more-accessible, casual

Italian restaurant featuring both indoor and al fresco seating. Giovanni’s Table will offer rustic dishes

with a contemporary flair, including toasted herbal breads, pizzas, salads, pastas, Italian sandwiches,

braised meat dishes and stews, all served family-style. Open for lunch and dinner; $10 lunch and $15

dinner cover charge.

(more)

Dining Options on Oasis of the Seas – Page 2

Park Café – A casual dining choice providing a high level of variety and flexibility, Park Café will be

an indoor/outdoor gourmet market with walk-up counters. From freshly prepared salads and madeto-

order sandwiches, to paninis, crepes and hearty soups, guests will order directly from the chefs

behind food stations. European pastries, sublime chocolates and decadent fudge will round out the

offerings. Open for breakfast, lunch, snacks, dinner and late night treats.

Vintages – Always a popular hot spot for Royal Caribbean guests on Voyager- and Freedom-class

ships, the Vintages wine bar will evolve into a larger space on Oasis of the Seas. Great for a pre-dinner

rendezvous, Vintages will provide a selection of cheeses and a broad tapas menu to accompany a

robust selection of fine wines, from a tropical white Riesling to a mocha-inflected Merlot. Open for

lunch and dinner; á la carte pricing.

Chops Grille – Continuing the tradition, Royal Caribbean’s popular signature steakhouse will offer

premium cut, quality meats. Guests can choose to enjoy the upscale, contemporary setting indoors

with views of Central Park or al fresco. Open for dinner; $25 cover charge.

Boardwalk

Seafood Shack – The indoor/outdoor casual family restaurant will bring the surf style of beach side

amusement parks to the Boardwalk, serving a variety of seafood, as well an extensive beverage menu

of non-alcoholic cocktails and over-sized desserts. Open for lunch and dinner; $7.95 lunch and

$9.95 dinner cover charge.

Boardwalk Bar – The main bar in the Boardwalk will offer on-the-go snacks and a variety of prepackaged

sandwiches, fruit and salads. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Donut Shop – Guests can stop into the classically styled shop for a casual snack any time of day.

Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Ice Cream Parlor – The 1950’s styled ice cream venue will display classic sundaes and a variety of

ice cream flavors and toppings to choose from and then mixed-to-order on a frozen slab. Open

throughout the day; á la carte pricing.

Johnny Rockets – Extending the signature “eat-ertainment” hours, a diner breakfast menu will be

introduced. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner; $3.95 breakfast and $4.95 lunch and dinner cover

charge.

(more)

Dining Options on Oasis of the Seas – Page 3

The Royal Promenade

Mondo Cafe – This new addition to the Royal Promenade will feature coffee, sandwiches and

pastries native to countries such as Italy, Spain and Cuba. Steps from Boleros and open around the

clock, it is sure to be popular after an evening on the dance floor. Open for breakfast, lunch, snacks,

dinner and late night treats.

Sorrento’s Pizzeria – The New York style pizzeria will feature a more extensive menu with madeto-

order pizza pies and slices, in addition to the ready-made selections introduced with the Freedomclass

ships. Open for lunch, dinner and late night snacks.

Café Promenade – Located on the opposite end of the Royal Promenade from the Mondo Cafe,

the popular café will continue serving Seattle’s Best Coffee, fruit shakes, pastries and sandwiches

throughout the day and night. Open 24 hours; á la carte pricing.

The Pool and Sports Zone

Solarium Bistro – Located in the Solarium the contemporary bistro will offer health-conscious

dining for breakfast and lunch in a casual setting. In the evenings, Solarium Bistro will transform

into a romantic and intimate dining setting for specialty healthy-fare dinner and dancing under the

stars. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner; dinner has a $20 cover charge.

The Wipe Out Café – The casual self-service buffet will offer a variety of options from pizza,

hamburgers, sandwiches and fresh salads to quick snacks and desserts, for young cruisers on-the-go.

Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Vitality at Sea Spa and Fitness Center

The Vitality Café – Located at the entrance of the Vitality at Sea Spa and Fitness Center, the Vitality

Café will feature healthy snacks, sandwiches, wraps and fruit, in addition to refreshing juices and

smoothies from the Vitality spa menu for the calorie conscious guest. Open for breakfast, lunch, and

dinner.

(more)

Dining Options on Oasis of the Seas – Page 3

New Twists on Fleet Fixtures

Opus Dining Room – The three-level main dining room will revive the grandeur of the 1920s and

feature French art deco design. Catering to guests’ varying preferences, the newly introduced My

Time Dining and My Family Time Dining, as well as the traditional main and late seating options will

be offered. My Time Dining provides guests with the option to enjoy the dining room ambiance

with Royal Caribbean’s renowned Gold Anchor Service whenever they wish during dining hours.

Guests choosing My Time Dining will not have a pre-assigned table, but will be seated in the ships

main dining room and will order from the same traditional dinner menu. My Time Dining guests can

make daily reservations for specific seating times or choose to walk in. My Family Time Dining

accommodates parents and children by offering an expedited 40-minute dining service for young

cruisers, ages 3-11. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Windjammer Marketplace – Offering the utmost flexibility for breakfast, lunch and dinner, this

next generation of the brand staple will feature multiple islands, each serving a variety casual buffet

fare.

Izumi – The new Asian cuisine restaurant will feature a sushi bar and hot rock cooking, as well as

other Asian fare in a more formal setting. Open for lunch and dinner; á la carte pricing.

In-Stateroom Service – Guests wanting to enjoy a meal in the comfort of their staterooms will be

able to choose from the complimentary breakfast, lunch and dinner menus, as well as the recently

introduced Dine in Delights menu, which offers name-brand culinary options ranging from the

Original Johnny Rockets hamburger to Ghirardelli Chocolate Cookies. Open 24 hours; á la carte

pricing for Dine In Delights and $3.95 service charge for in-room deliveries between 12:00 a.m. and

5:00 a.m.

Royal Caribbean International is a global cruise brand with 20 ships currently in service and two

under construction. The line also offers unique cruisetour vacations in Alaska and Canada, Asia, Australia

and New Zealand and Europe. For additional information or to make reservations, call your travel agent,

visit www.royalcaribbean.com or call (800) ROYAL-CARIBBEAN. For travel professionals, go to

http://www.cruisingpower.com or call (800) 327-2056.

# # #

Media Contacts:

Tracy Quan Erin Burden

(305) 539-6577 (212) 445-8164

tquan@rccl.com eburden@webershandwick.com

Keep in mind that most of the ones that are not happy with this ship are the 70 and over crowd. They would be happier on Holland America.:rolleyes:

I will be 71 when I cruise this nice ship. I have never been on Holland American so I would not know what that is like. My family of 3 will be looking forward to be on the 5/22/10 date. Rock climing, Mary go round. flow ridder and zip line are some of the things I will be doing. So you youngens better watch out for some of us OLD CROWD.:D

At first I got mad at how long the pay list was but after watching the presentation today I quickly realized exactly what you have said. We get everything we got on the Freedom class and more. I personally can not wait to get a nice warm panini from the Central Park Café! So much variety of choices in getting snacks with all the new cafés and even better they are now made to order. How can someone not like this? We have never eaten at a pay restaurant before and looking at the menus I am not seeing anything I want anyway (hate seafood and not a big meat eater) so I really don't feel like that effects me at all.

This is worse than I imagined. What happened to the vino d'italia $54.50 meal?

There is no focus on the included items only the pay ones.

Extremely disappointing that RCI is now charging $3.50 if you want a second desert or appetizer.

And most now carry a-la-carte pricing.

This has nothing to do with choices only taking away from the cruise experience.

You would think people would be outraged.

I don't have to worry, I have long cancelled my booking.

Too bad they had to cut back and charge extra for everything.

It could have been a fun week.

Yikes -- there are LOTS of upcharges. Yes I know there is plenty of "free" food available but these announcements sway *heavily* towards additional fees. My initial reaction is more "not" than "why not" when trying to decide on giving Oasis a try.

Free Venues are many. But <sigh> I don't get this p*ss on our parade thing.

Free

Main Dining Room

Windjammer Café

Sorrento’s - Pizza,salads,grilled sands,desserts

Wipe Out Café

Café Promenade

Park Cafe

Solarium Bistro lunch & breakfast

Room service

I think this is plenty of free food and I know I will be inclined to keep to the free venues.

Brad,

**Do you really care?**

**It depends on your focus.**

Extremely disappointing that RCI is now charging $3.50 if you want a second desert or appetizer.

**At certain venues. You can get all the appetizers and deserts you want for free in the MDR and Windjammer, among others.**

**Some do, some do not.**

This has nothing to do with choices only taking away from the cruise experience.

**You still get all the Freedom class and Voyager class free options, plus more.**

**Yes, some are. They are free to not book Oasis and go elsewhere.**

**Please, enjoy your next cruise.**

**Even you must know, it is not everything.**

**It still could be.**

Rick and Deirdra

Anyone else notice a bad misspelling on the Izumi menu? They list:

Asian inspired Caramel Flan

Delicate ginger scented flan with leeches

Leeches, ewww. I think they meant lychees (chinese fruit) which is very different from leeches (bloodsuckers).

OMG!! :D THAT is totally hysterical!!!!!!

excuse me! But you get the same free food on other cruise ships as you do on the oasis, and you get more free food on the oasis than you will get on other ship, so why don't you wait till it sails and ask the people that sailed on it if they were fed well:mad:

exactly!!!! :)

WHAT?! Is this serious? :eek:

No, it is an exaggeration. The menu for the Seafood Shack states that but it also states that you choose one item from each category. As far as anyone else knows every free and cover charge restaurant is still all you can eat.

Brad,

**Do you really care?**

**It depends on your focus.**

**At certain venues. You can get all the appetizers and deserts you want for free in the MDR and Windjammer, among others.**

**Some do, some do not.**

**You still get all the Freedom class and Voyager class free options, plus more.**

**Yes, some are. They are free to not book Oasis and go elsewhere.**

**Please, enjoy your next cruise.**

**Even you must know, it is not everything.**

**It still could be.**

Rick and Deirdra

Best to ignore him. He is like a broken record. He wants everything to be included in the price of his fare. I guess he fails to see several things. One, all of the dining locations that were no charge on the other ships are still available on the Oasis. Also, every other cruise line is now charging for their specialty dining areas. NCL, Celebrity, Princess, Holland American and Carnival all charge to dine at the nicer specialty dining areas. It is the future of cruising. Either deal with it or find another form of vacation. Personally I am glad to see that this person canceled their vacation on the Oasis. One less complainer to deal with.:rolleyes:

Best to ignore him. He is like a broken record. He wants everything to be included in the price of his fare. I guess he fails to see several things. One, all of the dining locations that were no charge on the other ships are still available on the Oasis. Also, every other cruise line is now charging for their specialty dining areas. NCL, Celebrity, Princess, Holland American and Carnival all charge to dine at the nicer specialty dining areas. It is the future of cruising. Either deal with it or find another form of vacation. Personally I am glad to see that this person canceled their vacation on the Oasis. One less complainer to deal with.:rolleyes:

Thank You, I couldnt have said it any better myself.

Best to ignore him. He is like a broken record. He wants everything to be included in the price of his fare.

I must be missing something. :confused:

Ignore him, because he has an opinion? And this opinion differs from yours? And then POST to ignore him? :confused::confused:

He wants things to be included in his fare. Others are PLEASED to pay extra. RCCL likes the latter.

All, everyone is entitled to their opinion. When I started cruising, all meals were included in the price; however, no real choice other than two seating’s for breakfast, lunch, and dinner that was it. No buffet, nothing by the one pool, plenty of bars, but that was about it.

So, I for one am pleased with the choices, both included and extra charge. If one does not want to pay extra, then there are plenty of good places to eat spread throughout the ship. Even the included main dinning room has the choice of eating at the time you want, an option included in the price that was not available just a few years ago.

Cruising has come a very long way from the 70's when I started. In my opinion, it has improved with time.

Bob

Hello Everyone,

This is meant in no way to cheerlead any particular line, however the complaints regarding all the additional charge restaurants are reasonable and valid. Considering the fare the Oasis is commanding more of these choices should be included, especially the Seafood Shack and the Solarium Bistro for dinner.

NCL has long been criticized on this board for all their pay options, but when Royal does it it is ok. I have cruised on many different cruise lines and Royal has the least amount of food offerings of them all.

On Carnival the food is above average and they offer made to order fish fry and other seafood products in the casual dining area during lunch at no charge. Also dinner choices are varied and plenty.

On the QM2 the main dining room dinner has many many choices including desserts. The casual eating area transforms into small bistro type restaurants for dinner and although reservations are required there is no charge. They even have a "Chef Galley" where an Executive chef prepares the meal in front of you and this we were very surprised was also complimentary.

My last cruise was on Navigator in April, it was my first Royal cruise in 7 years. I was more than disappointed with the food options, you basically had to fill up on lunch. The dinner choices were meager at best and the only vegetarian option was one Indian dish. Late night offerings were pitiful compared to all other lines.

Every other line has a late night night buffet and by late night I mean untill 5am. On Princess they have a late night sit down bistro. Royal is also the only line to charge for late night room service.

No one has commented on the fact that there is now a minute maid juice package for sale. Come on Juice!. The last time there was outrage on this board was with the $14.95 steak (which by the way I have no problem with). The fear at the time was that it was a sign of more upcharges to come and you were right. So where is the outrage now?

Royal has some unique excellent offerings on its ships, however the ice show and the promenade parade and now the Aqua theater show (online reservation for shows;another thread) are the only ones for the less active cruiser.

So like some who dared to criticize I too was not as excited about jumping on the Oasis bandwagon after the last reveal. So again where is your outrage now?

Samantha.

Hello Everyone,

This is meant in no way to cheerlead any particular line, however the complaints regarding all the additional charge restaurants are reasonable and valid. Considering the fare the Oasis is commanding more of these choices should be included, especially the Seafood Shack and the Solarium Bistro for dinner.

NCL has long been criticized on this board for all their pay options, but when Royal does it it is ok. I have cruised on many different cruise lines and Royal has the least amount of food offerings of them all.

On Carnival the food is above average and they offer made to order fish fry and other seafood products in the casual dining area during lunch at no charge. Also dinner choices are varied and plenty.

On the QM2 the main dining room dinner has many many choices including desserts. The casual eating area transforms into small bistro type restaurants for dinner and although reservations are required there is no charge. They even have a "Chef Galley" where an Executive chef prepares the meal in front of you and this we were very surprised was also complimentary.

My last cruise was on Navigator in April, it was my first Royal cruise in 7 years. I was more than disappointed with the food options, you basically had to fill up on lunch. The dinner choices were meager at best and the only vegetarian option was one Indian dish. Late night offerings were pitiful compared to all other lines.

Every other line has a late night night buffet and by late night I mean untill 5am. On Princess they have a late night sit down bistro. Royal is also the only line to charge for late night room service.

No one has commented on the fact that there is now a minute maid juice package for sale. Come on Juice!. The last time there was outrage on this board was with the $14.95 steak (which by the way I have no problem with). The fear at the time was that it was a sign of more upcharges to come and you were right. So where is the outrage now?

Royal has some unique excellent offerings on its ships, however the ice show and the promenade parade and now the Aqua theater show (online reservation for shows;another thread) are the only ones for the less active cruiser.

So like some who dared to criticize I too was not as excited about jumping on the Oasis bandwagon after the last reveal. So again where is your outrage now?

Samantha.

No outrage. You don't want to cruise on Oasis then bye bye. No one here holding you back. I have also cruised on other lines. Did not find Carnival anything to write home about. Mediocre at best with their offerings. I like having the options to pay for what I want. I will wave to you from the Oasis when the Carnival Nightmare pulls in next to us in December.:D

So heres my question: Will the pay-for resteraunts food be any better then the free restaurants on Oasis?

On my NCL cruise in April, by the last nights of the cruise, the dishes in the main dining room became veryy close to the meal I had a few nighs earlier in the pay resteraunts. The dishes in the buffet seemed like they were the same thing in the pay-for resteraunts too! Thats just my opinion though.

Now, because Oasis is so large, do you think they will have different kitchens making truly unique meals? Or will it all become the same in the end?

No outrage. You don't want to cruise on Oasis then bye bye. No one here holding you back. I have also cruised on other lines. Did not find Carnival anything to write home about. Mediocre at best with their offerings. I like having the options to pay for what I want. I will wave to you from the Oasis when the Carnival Nightmare pulls in next to us in December.:D

And how old are you?? Grow up PLEASE.

I'm on these boards because the Oasis has intrigued me...in both good and horrible ways, so I'm going to book a cruise on it just so I can see it for myself first hand.

But the attitudes of some of you are really just disgusting. Its VERY hard to believe that this is a board full of adults. SMH. megacruisa wasn't at all rude in her post but you felt the need to come back with a really rude and childish response.

What I see people failing to realize is that this is a DISCUSSION board. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and entitled to express those opinions without ending up on the end of an e-tongue lashing. Some live, breathe and die their hatred for Oasis, some live, breathe, and die their love for it. Then there are those who are neutral. And guess what? EVERYBODY is allowed to express their opinion. That's what's great about this wonderful country we live in.

He wants things to be included in his fare. Others are PLEASED to pay extra. RCCL likes the latter.

:p

I don't mind having the choice to pay extra for something extra special...

However

I DO mind having to pay more cruise fare for a line that isn't any more special than any other.

;)

Archived