Dining Venues - Finally!

Jill, RCI takes it off at the end of the cruise on my seapass so I don't worry about the tips, I like one big lump sum rather than to see it taken off daily:cool:

Carol:)

Carol: If you chose MTD you will pre pay your tips before you board the ship...

Things that I thought were interesting in the chat:

Sorrento's will now offer pizza made to order.

Park Cafe will make salads to order.

Solarium Bistro will offer healthy meal choices....free buffet for breakfast and lunch and up charge sit down dinners. Menu options will be 500 calories or less and nutritional information for each dish will be available.

Wipe Out Cafe will have free soft serve ice cream all day along with hamburgers, hot dogs, wraps, pizza.

Vitality Cafe at the Spa entrance will offer healthy food and drinks. Energy drinks, smoothies, specialty teas, etc.

Windjammer will be the familiar venue similar to Freedom class ships

Izumi will offer a sushi bar and hot pot dishes. Hot pot dishes will be served on hot lava rocks. Japanese chefs will cook in Isumi.

Main dining room...My Time Dining will be offered on 1 entire deck, not just a portion of a deck. Deck 5 will offer breakfast and lunch.

Adam Goldstein's big announcement was beginning July 9th, booked guests will be able to make reservations on line for dinner venues and entertainment shows too.

Things that I thought were interesting in the chat:

Sorrento's will now offer pizza made to order.

Park Cafe will make salads to order.

Solarium Bistro will offer healthy meal choices....free buffet for breakfast and lunch and up charge sit down dinners. Menu options will be 500 calories or less and nutritional information for each dish will be available.

Wipe Out Cafe will have free soft serve ice cream all day along with hamburgers, hot dogs, wraps, pizza.

Vitality Cafe at the Spa entrance will offer healthy food and drinks. Energy drinks, smoothies, specialty teas, etc.

Windjammer will be the familiar venue similar to Freedom class ships

Izumi will offer a sushi bar and hot pot dishes. Hot pot dishes will be served on hot lava rocks. Japanese chefs will cook in Isumi.

Main dining room...My Time Dining will be offered on 1 entire deck, not just a portion of a deck. Deck 5 will offer breakfast and lunch.

Adam Goldstein's big announcement was beginning July 9th, booked guests will be able to make reservations on line for dinner venues and entertainment shows too.

Good summary. One thing that disappointed me was that there would be no age restriction even in the upscale 150 Central Park restaurant.

I missed about the first 10 minutes... was there mention of where the Wine and Dine series restaurant might be if indeed there is one.

I thought that interesting as well about the Solarium Bistro to have menu choices of 500 calories or less. I like that option.

Good summary. One thing that disappointed me was that there would be no age restriction even in the upscale 150 Central Park restaurant.

I missed about the first 10 minutes... was there mention of where the Wine and Dine series restaurant might be if indeed there is one.

I thought that interesting as well about the Solarium Bistro to have menu choices of 500 calories or less. I like that option.

They said the whole thing will be available on line.

I too noticed the lack of age restrictions in the specialty restaurants? But didn't they say there were trying it out somewhere and were still thinking about it?

There was a wine pairing experienced mentioned for the 150 Central Park restaurant Emmy.

OHHHH and a "free" donut shop with 10-15 different varieties, changing daily! I love donuts! I will need the -500 calorie option a lot I think! :D

Hi emmy :) Thanks. I missed the first few minutes too.

I didn't hear it that way as far as age restriction. What I thought I heard Adam say was they are testing out having no age restriction on one ship now in Chops to see how it goes. IF it goes well, they will remove the age restrictions for all dining venues fleet wide, so it's up in the air at the moment.

Just saw Azhure and I were posting at the same time. BTW.....I Love donuts too....that will be awesome! LOL

The press release has an interesting item:

Johnny Rockets – Extending the signature “eat-ertainment” hours, a diner breakfast menu will be introduced. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner; $3.95 breakfast and $4.95 lunch and dinner cover charge.

The Johnny Rockets site doesn't show them offering breakfast items like Burger King and McDonalds do so what could this new breakfast menu have. I wouldn't mind a croissant sandwich but the cafe promenade occasionally had those already.

This part about the Wipe Out Cafe makes it sound like it is only for kids. What does everyone else think?

The Wipe Out Café – The casual self-service buffet will offer a variety of options from pizza, hamburgers, sandwiches and fresh salads to quick snacks and desserts, for young cruisers on-the-go. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I don't think it means exclusively for kids....but it is in the H2O Zone area, so it is being marketed for kids and teens? I do believe that is where the free soft serve ice cream is, so I know they'll be enough adults there too. :D

I don't think it means exclusively for kids....but it is in the H2O Zone area, so it is being marketed for kids and teens? I do believe that is where the free soft serve ice cream is, so I know they'll be enough adults there too. :D

lol, the ice cream is the reason I was concerned.

The wipe out cafe is in the sports area, not by the H20 Zone. And in the chat they mentioned how it will be a big spot for kids and teens because during the day many will be playing basketball, miniature golf, or on the flow riders. This dosen't mean its only for kids and teens, it just suggesting that the cafe will be a favorite place to be among them.

That is what I heard too. And it better not be exclusively for kids, cause I will be there for that!

I have a strange feeling that you and I have the same "sweet" vices Alphakitty. Donuts and soft serve ice cream for starters. :D:D

Just a theme park on the water. No way will this ever be the true "cruise experience". So very disappointed in the path RCCL has chosen. This is not a cruise, this is a floating disaster!!!

Just a theme park on the water. No way will this ever be the true "cruise experience". So very disappointed in the path RCCL has chosen. This is not a cruise, this is a floating disaster!!!
I guess it depends on your definition of a "cruise experience." I happen to think it's what you make of it. I'm sure this ship is not for everyone though so enjoy whatever floats your boat in the future.:)

Like most of the menus. I won't have an issue paying to dine in these venues. Just more choices for those of us that want something extra. ;)

I so agree with you, I think RCI did a great presentation today and I am more excited about sailing on this ship now:D

Carol: If you chose MTD you will pre pay your tips before you board the ship...

Jill, only if I take MTD I will have to pay before I board the ship but I like that better then getting the bill at the end of the cruise, and you pay the same no matter when you pay:eek:

That is what I heard too. And it better not be exclusively for kids, cause I will be there for that!

I have a strange feeling that you and I have the same "sweet" vices Alphakitty. Donuts and soft serve ice cream for starters. :D:D

LOL Azhure....I have a huge sweet tooth!! (and BTW...I also have a black kitty cat.) :) And thanks to emmy...I am now hoping for cotton candy somewhere too. :D

Well, I agree with you.

As for "dining", looks like unless you are willing to shell out money everytime you're hungry, your choices are sandwiches, hamburgers, hot dogs, soups and coffee.

I can't believe folks would seriously consider this over-hyped floating shopping mall/amusement park......

It will probably be a sellout the first year...maybe even the second with folks booking out of curiosity and to say they've "been there"...but, I don't see it being a positive cruise experience and bookings will no doubt fall off once the hype is over....and once folks realize just how much it's going to cost them.

Then, there's always the 7-day cruises to nowhere....or 7-days at sea during hurricane season when/if this monstrosity is not able to reach any of the few ports that can accommodate it. I can hear it now..... They certainly can't tender easily.

No thanks.....for cruising, I'll stick to cruise ships. I don't even go to the mall at home.

Stay over on the Carnival board.

Well' date=' I agree with you.

As for "dining", looks like unless you are willing to shell out money everytime you're hungry, your choices are sandwiches, hamburgers, hot dogs, soups and coffee.

I can't believe folks would seriously consider this over-hyped floating shopping mall/amusement park......

It will probably be a sellout the first year...maybe even the second with folks booking out of curiosity and to say they've "been there"...but, I don't see it being a positive cruise experience and bookings will no doubt fall off once the hype is over....and once folks realize just how much it's going to cost them.

Then, there's always the 7-day cruises to nowhere....or 7-days at sea during hurricane season when/if this monstrosity is not able to reach any of the few ports that can accommodate it. I can hear it now..... They certainly can't tender easily.

No thanks.....for cruising, I'll stick to cruise ships. I don't even go to the mall at home.[/quote']

Yeah, yeah, yeah. The exact same dining locations that are currently on the existing fleet are on this ship with no charge PLUS a few added venues. Keep trying to beat down this ship. It will put Carnival in the dust.

The hurricane thing has been covered over and over. Have you not paid attention. If a storm is in the east, the ship will go west and vice versa. This ship will get priority over any ship out there due to the amount of passengers she will bring ashore.

I see you are now moving to two years that the ship will book. LMAO. They said the same thing about Voyager and Freedom. Jealousy from the Carnival crowd. What a lovely thing.:rolleyes::D:D:D:D

Lori, I will be following you around:eek::D

I guess it depends on your definition of a "cruise experience." I happen to think it's what you make of it. I'm sure this ship is not for everyone though so enjoy whatever floats your boat in the future.:)

Keep in mind that most of the ones that are not happy with this ship are the 70 and over crowd. They would be happier on Holland America.:rolleyes:

LOL Azhure....I have a huge sweet tooth!! (and BTW...I also have a black kitty cat.) :) And thanks to emmy...I am now hoping for cotton candy somewhere too. :D

I ask about the cotton candy on the presentation and did not get an answer back but I am sure I heard they are going to have cotton candy on the Oasis:D

How can they have a Merry-Go-Round and not have cotton candy:eek:

Archived