8am...must disembark?

skt4cruise

We have a taxi picking us up at 9am on disembarkation day, planned on having breakfast at 8, can we take our luggage with us to the dining room or to the buffet? We always take our own luggage off ship.

Yes....

I would take it to the dining room, it is much more relaxed and you can get a hot breakfast. HC only serves a continental type. ;)

Yes....

I would take it to the dining room, it is much more relaxed and you can get a hot breakfast. HC only serves a continental type. ;)

Not me I would in the HC at 6AM. I always get a full Breakfast (Scrambled Eggs & Sausage, Ham, or Bacon)

Your taking your life in your own hands trying to haul your luggage through the buffet at that time on disembarkation morning. The buffet is usually so crowded, you would be lucky just to find a seat for yourself, let alone a place to put your luggage. Now, the diningroom is a different story.

This is a good questions. On NCL ,dissembarking with our luggage was an option. If we wanted, we filled out a form stating whether or not we were to leave our luggage out the night before or take it with us during disembarkation. It:o seems to say on Princess you kinda have that option but if you want to carry your luggage off, you have to leave no later than 7 am. I may have a later flight also, does anybody else have more input on this?

hmmmm rethinking the situation. So how does everyone else do it?? Do you feel comfortable leaving your luggage out in the hall all night? We take our own luggage off because we do not want to lose anything.

Not sure how welcome we will be dragging our luggage into the dining room either :rolleyes:

We have a taxi picking us up at 9am on disembarkation day, planned on having breakfast at 8, can we take our luggage with us to the dining room or to the buffet? We always take our own luggage off ship.

Those that sign up to disembark with their own luggage are usually assigned the earliest departure time so that other passengers will not be inconvenienced later by people hauling their own luggage.

If you have more than a small suitcase to carry, you cannot expect to get off whenever you want.

We usually carry all our off with us, but I sure wouldn't go through the hassle of trying to truck it around with us when we go for breakfast. That seems to me to be more trouble than it's worth. Even though I really prefer breakfast in the dining room, I think if I were in your shoes, I'd opt for the buffet very early and leave the luggage in the cabin.

When we don't carry it off the ship with us, we certainly do leave it in the hall without any qualms. We keep the small stealables in our carry on.

We usually carry all our off with us, but I sure wouldn't go through the hassle of trying to truck it around with us when we go for breakfast. That seems to me to be more trouble than it's worth. Even though I really prefer breakfast in the dining room, I think if I were in your shoes, I'd opt for the buffet very early and leave the luggage in the cabin.

When we don't carry it off the ship with us, we certainly do leave it in the hall without any qualms. We keep the small stealables in our carry on.

Well I see you have been on enough cruises to have experience, so I'll heed your advice. Will put out the luggage and not worry :)

You can leave a little later if you want,Princess is just trying to get those,that are doing self dis-embark all together,so that those who have trouble handling their luggage are all in a group,and so that it does not slow down the rest of the people who are not doing self dis-embark,so the dis-embarkation goes alot smoother:rolleyes:

We always do self disembarkation & leave our luggage in the room till we're finished with breakfast. No matter where you dine as long as the cabin steward knows you're only leaving you luggage there till you return & he can begin cleaning the room, you'll be fine.

We did the walk-off Saturday morning...had everything ready, went to HC about 7:30 for a quick bite, went back up just before 8, grabbed the luggage and got in line to walk off.

You do NOT want to be schlepping the luggage around...it's hard enough with the elevators being busy much less trying to get on there with luggage. They had two of the elevators blocked so it was a little chaotic. Plus there are so many passengers who either aren't aware or don't care about elevator etiquette to add to the frustration.

Good luck, it'll be crazy momentarily but you'll be fine! :)

Yes....

Sorry about the slight sidetrack to the original post but can you have breakfast in the dining room every day or just on disembarkation day?

I think taking carryons to the dinningroom is OK, but taking large luggage to the diningroom may not be tolerated by the dinningroom staff. There really isn't a lot of room to drag luggage around the dinningroom and you can't block the area where people and waiters have to walk. :eek:

The question of carrying your own luggage off the ship is one that I was going to ask! We have just booked our first Princess cruise, and had been wondering if this was allowed! Other cruises I have been on, luggage had to be put out the night before, and collected on the dock somewhere. Our problem is that we will have quite an early flight, and it is the ONLY flight of the day to where we are going! We were hoping we could ask for "earliest" disembarkation....now our cruise is in Australia...anyone have any experience with this? We probably wouldnt bother about breakfast that day....just need to get to the airport quick!!

I would agree with those who suggest getting up earlier for breakfast without your bags rather than trying to travel around the ship with your luggage until you leave your cabin the last time.

Also, if you are carrying off your own luggage (Express Disembarkation) you need to disembark at the time assigned to that, not at any time you find convenient for your other travel arrangements. By 9 a.m., regular disembarkation (without bags) will likely be in full swing.

Why schlepp your bags that way?

It doesn't really help you and/or your shipmates, ships-mates nor cruise staff.

Go eat your last aboard meal and then get your bags. Tip your cabin boy(s)

a bit more too...

Then after your bites and delights..go get your bags quee up and down the gangplank for the cruises last time...

Safe trip home !:cool:

PS: Remember YOU taking your own bags Off the Ship(s) saves the Cruise Lines Hundreds if not Thousands of US $USD Dollars too!

Do you THinK they did this for us Cruisers, not just for themselves ...eh..? ((LoL))

Archived