Seattle Transportation (sorry to ask again)

KAWS

I'm really sorry to ask this question. Seems to me I've been posting about this for a few days on various posts and requesting quotes, etc. but never really feeling like I'm getting a clear answer. Please don't blast me - I'm truly overwhelmed here.

First of all if I google up Seattle limo service, town car, airport service - whatever......about a zillion sites come up and the difference in the web sites is so minor, it's hard to know what I'm actually seeing. One will say something dot net and then the same something dot com or somethings (with just an s added on) dot com/net, etc. Ackkkk!!

Then I read a post saying not even to bother taking a car to the pier from the hotel because I could probably get one much cheaper right at the hotel.

I'm going crazy trying to figure this all out. The way things are looking it's going to be around $50 from airport to downtown hotel, same thing to get to the pier the next day and then $60 to get back to the airport after the cruise.

This would be a good price if it was for four of us, but it's just two people. Is this high? Is there a better way? Should we just take the shuttle express to the downtown hotel ($11 pp), grab a taxi to the pier the next day, and then prearrange a car for return trip back to the airport (so we don't have to wait hours)?

Please can someone help me out here with some advice? I would really appreciate it. I can organize cruises for myself and my friends, excursions, etc. but for some reason this silly transportation issue in Seattle is bringing me down!

Thanks in advance for your help.

If you don't have much luggage and you're going to one of the hotels on or close to the route, then sure, take the airporter bus (that's the $11 one, not Shuttle Express--that's more like $27 for 2). And a cab from your hotel to either pier shouldn't be more than $10-15 so no need for a towncar there.

The only segment I'd recommend a towncar for would be for the ride from the pier to the airport if you are making a tight connection and don't have the time to wait for a taxi if there's a lineup. Would the wait be "hours" though? No.

From Downtown Seattle to Seatac

Cab fare are $32 Flat rate (post inside the cab)

Town Car are $40 Flat rate also.

From Downtown to the pier (?)

Cab fare are around $10 (metered)

Town Care are $ 15 at least

Have you checked out your cruiseline's transfer back to Sea Tac? I think Princess has that for around $24/pp. That would be a little cheaper than a towncar:p After reading many, many, many posts on this subject, it seems that if you use the towncar service at the airport, they pick you up right at baggage claim....if you use anything else, you have to haul your luggage over to parking garage to catch shuttles or taxis. I don't know if the convenience is worth the extra money for you or not. Just a thought:) Good luck with your trip and don't let it get ya down! You are going on vacation:D:D:D Happy travels!

What hotel are you staying at in Seattle? When are your travel dates?

Which pier are you going to? Pier 91 or Pier 66?

OK, let me clarify a little.

Landing at SEATAC on July 17 (around 11:30 am) and going to Westin Seattle.

July 18 going to Pier 91 (Golden Princess)

July 25 return to SEATAC for trip home.

What I'm seeing here our best option is to take the Airporter to the hotel ($22) on the 17th, a taxi from hotel to pier (around $15) on the 18th, and then a pre-arranged car (approx. $60) from pier to SEATAC or perhaps the Princess transfer. (That one I never even considered so I'll check it out. Our flight home goes at 12:20 pm so perhaps the prearranged car might be the best bet though.)

Does this sound about right? Any suggestions as to which car service would be preferred?

Thank you all so much for the responses so far. I'm already starting to feel less overwhelmed with this. :)

I think that plan sounds good.

If you decide not to do the Princess transfer, any of the car services that have been previously recommended on here would be fine, I'm sure.

Springfire--a towncar will not fit 5 people with luggage. Even 4 is pushing it. So you'd need an SUV which is more expensive (but not as expensive as taking 2 cabs from the airport).

From Downtown Seattle to Seatac

Cab fare are $32 Flat rate (post inside the cab)

Town Car are $40 Flat rate also.

Is there a flat fate from SeaTac to downtown (Westin)?

How much is a taxi from Pier 91 to SeaTac?

How much is a taxi from the Westin to Pier 91?

I think the best choice will be to arrange a SUV so you can fit 5 people and your luggage. I recommand A1 Airport Limousine Services (Sunny 206-399-1261. Very reliable and great service. Enjoy your vacation.

I will call them, thank you for the info!

Blackjack,

Is there a flat fate from SeaTac to downtown (Westin)?

No, the flat rate only applies FROM the downtown core TO the airport not the other way around. From the airport, a taxi is going to be about $40-45 before tip.

How much is a taxi from Pier 91 to SeaTac?

About $45-50 before tip (it's a little north of downtown while the airport is south and the flat rate doesn't apply)

How much is a taxi from the Westin to Pier 91?

About $12-15 before tip

I called Princess today and their transfer back to the airport is $24 pp. So with that price, I'm going to prearrange a car for us. That's the same price as Princess and we won't have to wait for the bus to fill.

So I'll do the airporter, the taxi and then the prearranged car, and by calculations I will save myself about half the price of taking a town car every leg of the way.

I sincerely thank everyone for their help and for walking me through this. I feel a lot better and now I'm off to prearrange my car. I'm thinking I'll go with Allready There. They gave me a price of $50 and while Sunny is very well recommended as well he's quoted $60. So I can have my ride and tip for that price.

Thanks again everyone and happy sailing!! :D:D:D

Where does one get the public transportation from SEA TAC to the Westin downtown? Specifically where at Sea Tac?

I got this information directly from the Westin:

By the Downtown Airporter Shuttle run by Grayline

This shuttle departs the airport every 30 minutes starting at 5:30am with the last departure at 11:00pm. It takes approx. 45 minutes to get to the Westin on this shuttle. You board this bus shuttle on the south end of Baggage Claim Level at door “00”. The cost per person is $11.00 one way or $18.00 round trip. Children 2 to 12 years old are $8.25 one way or $13.00 round trip. No reservations are taken for this shuttle.

Here's a map of the baggage claim area at Seatac:

http://www.portseattle.org/about/maps/baggageclaim.shtml

Look on the left of the map for door 00, that's where you go to get the buses.

I'm not sure the public bus (the 194) goes right to the Westin...I know for sure the Airporter does, however (the $11 per person bus operated by Grayline). Check on the Metro bus website for schedule and route.

http://transit.metrokc.gov/

Its door 00 on the 3rd floor near baggage claim. So after getting your luggage, just go through the exit door and turn right. You will see the buses at the end.

Hi,:) don't forget, if you haven't bought your ticket ahead of time,

there is an "Aiporter counter" to purchase it there too:)

I used them last year and will be using them again in September.

Its a great service and the price is awesome:D

Buy the ticket, then the doors are to the left of the counter.

Go outside and there are the buses:)

Does the Airporter ever fill up? How would I purchase a ticket ahead of time to be assured of a seat?

Or do we just purchase the ticket at the counter and hope to get a seat?:eek:

I like to have everything ready so we can just get on the shuttle.:)

Does the Airporter ever fill up? How would I purchase a ticket ahead of time to be assured of a seat?

Or do we just purchase the ticket at the counter and hope to get a seat?:eek:

I like to have everything ready so we can just get on the shuttle.:)

Hi Grace:) they are running all day long so you will not have a problem

finding a seat. If you want to purchase the ticket ahead of time you may do so but I think it says on the website they are non-refundable.

I waited until I got there and bought it at the counter.

Again, you will not have a problem finding a seat;)

We will arrive at Seatac around 8:00am. If we take the princess shuttle will they eep our luggage until the noon boarding? If we take a town car where do you hang out with luggage until time to board?

Thanks.

Sand piper

Archived