SD2 Fall '10 Transatlantic Crossing

ctbjr1309

Math was never her stong point:eek:

How is she on spelling?

ROFL ... Spelling was never DJ's DH's strong point:p

Packing isn't his strong suit either ...

Guess it is time to start asking questions about what to pack for the crossing.

Thoughts on what we need to bring in addition to our traditional SD Caribbean clothing?

Really getting close no matter how you figure it.:D SDII is rather late this year crossing is it not? Looks like there might be a charter right before your crossing (or is it drydock?). I am really looking forward to your take, DJ, with 12 days of "doing nothing". We are used to 6 day (5 days in QE2s early years) Transatlantics so I am not sure how I would like it. Has to beat work.:eek:

Really getting close no matter how you figure it.:D SDII is rather late this year crossing is it not? Looks like there might be a charter right before your crossing (or is it drydock?). I am really looking forward to your take, DJ, with 12 days of "doing nothing". We are used to 6 day (5 days in QE2s early years) Transatlantics so I am not sure how I would like it. Has to beat work.:eek:

Thanks Jim:p Needless to say the crossing can't get here fast enough!!

SD2 is going into drydock before the crossing. Not sure what all it will entail but will be sure to let you know what difference/change we learn about on the crossing. This crossing was originally scheduled to leave Europe earlier but it was changed many months ago (ctbjr will have all the details and it involves math so I am staying away from it!:rolleyes:).

I plan on posting ... although ctbjr and FT keep telling me that I am going to be way too busy to be on CC:D

I plan on posting ... although ctbjr and FT keep telling me that I am going to be way too busy to be on CC:D

I never said that. In fact, what I said is that I'm glad youll be doing the daily postings so that I can concentrate on the more important things that require attention during the trip.

Hey, be happy you get to re stock your Bulgari stash. Ours was just about depleted before our recent SB trip and the Molton Brown just did not do it for us so when we got home, Lois used the last of our Bulgari stash and ordered the stuff from Amazon. Do you know how expensive that stuff is!!!:eek::eek: At least we will smell like SeaDream (Ranger).:D

I never said that. In fact, what I said is that I'm glad youll be doing the daily postings so that I can concentrate on the more important things that require attention during the trip.

Since now DJ's DH has to stay connected for his job too - you can post to your lil' hearts content . . .I won't feel pressured at all, since my all important task to hog my designated poolside chair from just after breakfast until late afternoon. Perhaps an interruption for a walk . . . or not.

FT

Thanks Jim:p Needless to say the crossing can't get here fast enough!!

SD2 is going into drydock before the crossing. Not sure what all it will entail but will be sure to let you know what difference/change we learn about on the crossing. This crossing was originally scheduled to leave Europe earlier but it was changed many months ago (ctbjr will have all the details and it involves math so I am staying away from it!:rolleyes:).

I know that externally they are moving the antenna into the midline. Who knows what else.

Like holding all those meetings in the Office:p

Hey, be happy you get to re stock your Bulgari stash. Ours was just about depleted before our recent SB trip and the Molton Brown just did not do it for us so when we got home, Lois used the last of our Bulgari stash and ordered the stuff from Amazon. Do you know how expensive that stuff is!!!:eek::eek: At least we will smell like SeaDream (Ranger).:D

DJ's DH and I were at EPCOT in Walt Disney World last weekend and we stopped in one of my favorite stores in Italy to procure some Bulgari Green Tea as one of my Christmas presents. I like the Green Tea better than the White. I agree that the Molton Brown isn't the same!

Since now DJ's DH has to stay connected for his job too - you can post to your lil' hearts content . . .I won't feel pressured at all, since my all important task to hog my designated poolside chair from just after breakfast until late afternoon. Perhaps an interruption for a walk . . . or not.

FT

Why I am thinking since I am the junior member on this crossing that all the reporting has been assigned to me:p

I know that externally they are moving the antenna into the midline. Who knows what else.

Does that mean I won't be able to tell the yachts apart by their radar domes anymore:confused:

Why I am thinking since I am the junior member on this crossing that all the reporting has been assigned to me:p

Does that mean I won't be able to tell the yachts apart by their radar domes anymore:confused:

That would be correct. Now you have to look at the crane on the back of deck 4 and the location of the tender. (On I it is on the starboard side, on II it is on the port side)

That would be correct. Now you have to look at the crane on the back of deck 4 and the location of the tender. (On I it is on the starboard side, on II it is on the port side)

I didn't realize the cranes were on different locations on the yachts. Something else to add to my spreadsheet of things to check out while on board:p

I didn't realize the cranes were on different locations on the yachts. Something else to add to my spreadsheet of things to check out while on board:p

Spreadsheet? OMG . . . you can definitely be on the on board reporter as my postings on the crossing are usually limited to weather, lack of waves, menu and spa decisions . . .

FT

Spreadsheet? OMG . . . you can definitely be on the on board reporter as my postings on the crossing are usually limited to weather, lack of waves, menu and spa decisions . . .

FT

I don't really have a spreadsheet for SD:p Only time I have to make a spreadsheet or create a matrix is when presenting DJ's DH with multiple options for vacations.:eek:

Three weeks from today (I double checked the math) we leave for Portugal:D

I don't really have a spreadsheet for SD:p Only time I have to make a spreadsheet or create a matrix is when presenting DJ's DH with multiple options for vacations.:eek:

Three weeks from today (I double checked the math) we leave for Portugal:D

You will have to do a much better job of daily postings than SD 1 does. Either they are having such a great time that the hangover is keeping them from posting :rolleyes:or they've been hijacked and are no longer in the middle of the Atlantic :eek:since no new pictures have gone up in several days!

FT

You will have to do a much better job of daily postings than SD 1 does. Either they are having such a great time that the hangover is keeping them from posting :rolleyes:or they've been hijacked and are no longer in the middle of the Atlantic :eek:since no new pictures have gone up in several days!

FT

Sunday's pics from SD1 just went up ... so I guess they are now in the Atlantic somewhere:D

I will try to do a better job of posting from SD2 on our crossing ... but I keep hearing about how busy I will be!!:eek:

Archived