SD2 Fall '10 Transatlantic Crossing

ctbjr1309

hear Land And Sea and I will be arriving on Nov. 7 from separate directions . So if anyone wants to get together for dinner, several folks will be staying at the Lisbon Sheraton.

FT.

We'll see you for dinner in Lisbon on the 8th:p

• 2 weeks later...
Woo hoo!! We are at the 169 day mark for the crossing:D

FT's most excellent reporting from SD2 is certainly feeding my SD addiction:p

I nominate FT as official scribe for the Fall '10 SD2 Transatlantic Crossing. Do I hear a second?

Second!!

HA HA HA . . . but the internet has become remarkably fast. Though I will still continue to grumble about the daily charge (especially for for repeat guests - its kinda like the hotel charges when the Courtyard and Motel 8 includes . .):rolleyes: the internet is much speedier on SD than it used to be.

FT

Just a mere 160 days until the crossing:D

I know, who's counting.:D Hey, FYI, Kenny Chesney was on the beach down here this past week not far from mi casa. I know how much the Chesney music gets played on SeaDream when you are aboard. Silly me, I just thought he was one more Bubba on the beach with a cowboy hat.:eek: Oh yeah, Britney Spears was seen at her place too but I didn't think that would crank your tractor like Kenny.:D

J.

I know, who's counting.:D Hey, FYI, Kenny Chesney was on the beach down here this past week not far from mi casa. I know how much the Chesney music gets played on SeaDream when you are aboard. Silly me, I just thought he was one more Bubba on the beach with a cowboy hat.:eek: Oh yeah, Britney Spears was seen at her place too but I didn't think that would crank your tractor like Kenny.:D

J.

The days just seem to crawl between SD trips ... you know what I mean!

The Caribbean Cowboy was on your beach and you didn't tell him that you know two of his biggest fans ... FT and me:p

I don't if KC's music has been played on the crossings ... but you can be sure it will be played this Fall:D

You know me so well Jim ... not a Britney fan. Actually I don't think I have ever heard her music played on a SD yacht:eek:

Yep, the sloooooowww countdown. At least you have one for SD. I know, we have the SB trip but not the same. We are lurking on a SD trip. Maybe pull the trigger soon, especially if they make it a "Special Value" sailing or a club members trip.:D Then I could have a real countdown too.

J.

On our last SD cruise (March '09), DJ and I celebrated 25 years of wedded bliss (MOST of them happy!!!:D). This evening, that streak is extended to 26 (woohoo!!!):cool:

I SO look forward, to November '10, when we once again celebrate with SD friends, crew, lurkers and others... on my first attempt at being "disconnected" for more than a week:eek:. I must admit, I will need some sort of connectivity, as DJ's DH does NOT perform well coming back to the office with a full mailbox:mad:.

On our last SD cruise (March '09)' date=' DJ and I celebrated 25 years of wedded bliss (MOST of them happy!!!:D). This evening, that streak is extended to 26 (woohoo!!!):cool:

I SO look forward, to November '10, when we once again celebrate with SD friends, crew, lurkers and others... on my first attempt at being "disconnected" for more than a week:eek:. I must admit, I will need some sort of connectivity, as DJ's DH does NOT perform well coming back to the office with a full mailbox:mad:.[/quote']

Congrats on the Anniversary. You're less than 3 months behind us! As a survivor of 3 transatlantic trips on SD, I'm happy to tell you that thanks to the wonders of satellite technology I have yet to return to a full emailbox at work so it's quite possible.

On the other hand, the last time I returned from a SD crossing, I was so relaxed that I clipped a colleague's car while turning the corner in the parking garage that first morning. That was an extra added expense I hadn't quite counted on.....

Thanks ctbjr ... 26 years ... most of them happy ... but you knew that:p

We are at the 150 day mark until the crossing ... and it can't come fast enough.

Thank goodness zqvol is picking us and FT up in CLT after the crossing:eek: I am thinking DJ's DH may have to carpool the first day to the office after the crossing:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Woo hoo .... we are at the 140 day mark:D

Is it too early to pack:eek:

And its 137 days before I leave for Lisbon! Between this countdown and ZQ's Blog of the most recent voyage, withdrawal pangs have not been as bad this week as in the past . . .I guess the key is to not let more than 6 months lapse between SD voyages! thank goodness no tuition bill this fall . . . carpet can wait another year to be replaced . . .

FT

And its 137 days before I leave for Lisbon! Between this countdown and ZQ's Blog of the most recent voyage, withdrawal pangs have not been as bad this week as in the past . . .I guess the key is to not let more than 6 months lapse between SD voyages! thank goodness no tuition bill this fall . . . carpet can wait another year to be replaced . . .

FT

The blog is fantastic!!

The days of us being able to sail every six month are off in the distance as we have a rising high school senior at a private school:rolleyes: And of course there is college looming on the horizon...

We stay packed!:eek:

DJ's DH stayed packed too ... but for the wrong reasons. As a matter of fact he is off to PA, MD this week and then he leaves for Sweden on Sunday for the week.

At least we have a visit to the Ritz in St. Thomas in a few weeks to keep my vacation withdraw in check:p

Archived