SD2 Fall '10 Transatlantic Crossing

ctbjr1309

I have inspected the library and it contains a number of reasonably current titles. I'm sure that one would find plenty to read throughout the course of a 13 day transatlantic journey.

Mission accomplished ctbjr:p But I am still ordering a Kindle:D

EUREKA!:rolleyes: Kindle sharing!!!:cool:

Umm ... NO!!!

If you are nice to me I might share my Kindle with you but the stack of books on your nightstand is about 3 feet tall ... I know because I checked this morning.

To keep us on topic...

Since we are flying First/Business to Barcelona you can check your books while I carry my Kindle. Since ctbjr has completed his assignment this week I know that the library on SD2 is sufficient should you go through the 70 pounds of book you will be checking in your luggage:eek:

Umm ... NO!!!

If you are nice to me I might share my Kindle with you but the stack of books on your nightstand is about 3 feet tall ... I know because I checked this morning.

To keep us on topic...

Since we are flying First/Business to Barcelona you can check your books while I carry my Kindle. Since ctbjr has completed his assignment this week I know that the library on SD2 is sufficient should you go through the 70 pounds of book you will be checking in your luggage:eek:

Please get the measuring tape - I believe you are exaggerating...

Any reason we can't buy paperbacks???

• 1 month later...
And the April edition of Travel + Leisure arrived today with 8 pages of recommendations from local experts on things to do and where to eat and shop in Barcelona. . . don't "sweet savory pan-con tomate bonbons" sound interesting . . . we are getting closer to November. :D

FT

Will have to check it out ... I am making a dent in my magazine pile.

Big question is ... will we see you in November:p

Will have to check it out ... I am making a dent in my magazine pile.

Big question is ... will we see you in November:p

Since I bought the last leg of the airfare (CLT to ATL) in the most recent sale, unless work interferes, yes, plan to be in BCN. If all goes well, 26 nights on SD in 2010 - a personal record.:D

FT

Since I bought the last leg of the airfare (CLT to ATL) in the most recent sale, unless work interferes, yes, plan to be in BCN. If all goes well, 26 nights on SD in 2010 - a personal record.:D

FT

Glad you were able to grab the last leg!

Color me green with envy ... 26 nights on SD!!

You've been awfully quiet lately. Are you back from the TA on Regent yet? We were talking about you Friday evening. Hope you don't mind. Were your ears burning? Please come on back and entertain us. We miss you...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

SS returned yesterday from a great 10 day Transatlantic on Regent Mariner.

The pond was in this sailing literally just that...a pond. There were some sea swells from Fort Lauderdale to Bermuda, but from there to Funchal simply amazing. Dolphins swimming around the ship in the Atlantic and whales, and a 3 to 5 foot chop on the worst days.

Lots of R&R, reading, eating, adult beverages and terrific food.

The food in many instances was as good as SD or SB, and the speciality restaurants were also over the top. The crew cooked 2 Indonesian and Phillipino dinners for us., and SS were very very happy. Wines were very good as well and many nights the Wine Staff would bring us bottles not on the menus to try.:):) Staff and room attendant also excellent and senior staff very visable and approachable and a lot of fun.

SS will tell more in Nov 10 crossing:cool:

cbtjr1309 my Daddy used to say :D " if they are talking about me, they are leaving some other poor Bas***D alone";):eek: SS always thought that was truly funny. Cannot wait to see you folks again and SS are counting down the days to Nov 2010. Red stripe forever!!!!

Seasoned Sailors

Glad to hear that our SeasonedSailors had such a wonderful crossing on Regent. Will you be doing a full up trip report?

I hope that Mother Nature and Poseidon and King Netpure and Mother Ocean will be as kind to us in some 220 days:p

Checked the SD website yesterday and saw that the price for this crossing had passed 3k. First time I've ever seen that. Glad I booked on board a long time ago. Guess we'll have a full yacht. For 13 days, that's a lot of champagne, bananas and pelligrino!;)

FT

Don't forget the diet tonic and MicUltra ...

• 2 weeks later...
Checked the SD website yesterday and saw that the price for this crossing had passed 3k. First time I've ever seen that. Glad I booked on board a long time ago. Guess we'll have a full yacht. For 13 days, that's a lot of champagne, bananas and pelligrino!;)

FT

Thanks for helping me appreciate the "value" we are getting for our investment (OK, forethought of booking 18 months in advance) ...but Pelligrino...isn't that another name for "water"?

Thanks for helping me appreciate the "value" we are getting for our investment (OK' date=' forethought of booking 18 months in advance) ...but Pelligrino...isn't that another name for "water"?[/quote']

DJ'sDH:

You know the drill, you are a Chicos man. The more they spend, the more you save.:eek:

DJ'sDH:

You know the drill, you are a Chicos man. The more they spend, the more you save.:eek:

Not quite - I am a "yes, dear" man:(...with a goal of saving nothing (translated: spending nothing:cool:).

Somehow, DJ has convinced me that the 1st class air, and top-notch hotel in Barcelona this November that we have booked (before we board SD)... is "free" yet I can't (for the life of me) figure out why I had to pay SO much on our credit card bill:eek:.

Looking forward to it. Just finished sprayin weeds wearing my seadream pjs. Now it's time to re read our SD travel albums with a bloody Mary. Planning the next one!

Jim

Good Lord - reading your SD albums w/ a bloody Mary? You're my kind of guy! So looking forward to meeting you & Lois. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived