SD2 Fall '10 Transatlantic Crossing

ctbjr1309

Not saying it won't happen, just need a couple of little ducks to take their place in that row.

J.

Tell us which ducks' date=' and I'm sure DisneyJen and FT can help arrange them:p[/quote']

Just let us know the names of those ducks and we will see if we can get them in line. I am sure if we can't get them to fly right there are others who can:p

Just let us know the names of those ducks and we will see if we can get them in line. I am sure if we can't get them to fly right there are others who can:p

They are Huey, Dewey, and Louie. Just aren't listening to me. Send money!:D

Sounds like I need to talk to Uncle McScrooge:p

Whatnot ... when do you leave for Europe?

We leave on Thursday the 15th for Barcelona and board the yacht on the 18th. Then 9 glorious(I hope) days on SDI before departing in Lisbon on the 27th. Will fly home on the 29th. Sure have gotten some good tips from people on this site and I look forward to using them!

We leave on Thursday the 15th for Barcelona and board the yacht on the 18th. Then 9 glorious(I hope) days on SDI before departing in Lisbon on the 27th. Will fly home on the 29th. Sure have gotten some good tips from people on this site and I look forward to using them!

Good heavens - what in the world are you doing to do with 9 glorious days on SDI? :D Lucky!

You know you have to toast all of us here with a glass of champagne, right?

I am sure the days can't go fast enough for you at this point. We were on board in March for nine nights/10 days and it was indeed glorious! So much so that we booked a Fall Crossing that will have us on board for many many nights:D

Be glad to ! And of course, it won't be hard to do with the never empty glass!

Excellent point:p

I am sure the days can't go fast enough for you at this point. We were on board in March for nine nights/10 days and it was indeed glorious! So much so that we booked a Fall Crossing that will have us on board for many many nights:D

Excellent point:p

And now less than 400 days to go! My how time is flying by . . . :D

FT

Look FT' date=' I even got my own countdown clock!!![/quote']

OMG!!! DJ's DH did this ALL by HIMSELF!!! Pick me up off the floor ... better yet ... Zoltan, make it a double:p

Actually he is really preparing for the crossing as his beloved Seiko watch (which is 18 years old) looks like it has really died. I took it to the jewelers on Friday before we flew to Penn State for the weekend. He picked it up from the jewelers and went to set it and it died. The man has been without a watch for almost a week without any major side effects ... but he is reaching for his Blackberry more since it has the clock function!

Look FT' date=' I even got my own countdown clock!!![/quote']

I am impressed but I'll take you seriously when you commit the FF miles to airfare and even believe you might actually make it up the gangway when you make that final payment . . . until then the thought of you and 13 days without a Crackberry and no sight of land . . . if you actually board for the crossing, I hope SD stocks enough scotch and Red Stripe to keep you (and the rest of us) sane!:D

FT

I am impressed but I'll take you seriously when you commit the FF miles to airfare and even believe you might actually make it up the gangway when you make that final payment . . . until then the thought of you and 13 days without a Crackberry and no sight of land . . . if you actually board for the crossing, I hope SD stocks enough scotch and Red Stripe to keep you (and the rest of us) sane!:D

FT

There probably isn't enough scotch OR Red Stripe for that!!!:eek:

I've got 150,000 miles waiting to book air at 333 days out!!!

I've got 150' date='000 miles waiting to book air at 333 days out!!![/quote']

And those are miles to cross the pond ... I don't even want to think about the LOGISTICS of a two-pronged award ticket:rolleyes:

Someone better talk to the Provision Master before we board! I wonder if it will be Fabian?

I've got 150' date='000 miles waiting to book air at 333 days out!!![/quote']

is that per ticket or total for 2 tickets? I just checked the "low" mileage requirements for Delta and its gotten unbelievably high since the last time I booked a business class ticket across the pond using miles (for the 2008 fall crossing).

FT

is that per ticket or total for 2 tickets? I just checked the "low" mileage requirements for Delta and its gotten unbelievably high since the last time I booked a business class ticket across the pond using miles (for the 2008 fall crossing).

FT

Neither...it is how many miles I've been holding for this...last I checked it was 60K-75K miles per ticket:mad:

starting the request list for Captain T - for those booked, please feel free to add. My thought is , it never hurts to start early -

1. stop in the Atlantic for afternoon swim

2. kick the people out of the water, and let DJ's DH use the purple (fast) jetski

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

We've just returned from SDII fall '09 crossing and had a great time (as clearly seen in the blog pics !) Only 61 pax on board plus Wally the pool walruss and no children.

We did the swim in mid atlantic which was amazing, with the water being suprisingly warm (I'm the one in the pic that looks like he's drowning !)

It came as a complete suprise to all the guests that we were doing it. The yacht just slowed down and started to turn and I thought 'oh no, someome's sick and we're turning round' as the Azores were the nearest land. But no, Meredith announced it and the captain came whizzing around the yacht on his jet ski :) Great fun had by all, and the staff joined in too, which was really nice to see. We even received a certificate from the Captain on our last day with the location and water depth etc where we swam.

Quite a number of guests booked future cruises on board with about 10 from this sailing booking the fall '10 crossing with you (including us). Deck 2 was already sold out !

As mentioned, the cruise following the crossing was a 5 day charter for 60 children and 40 adults with very specific requests. I think it would be fair to say that the crew were rather anxious about that sailing.(was that pc enough ??)

I see SDI crossing site is up and running. The usual suspects on board again, hence our switch to SDII.

Look forward to seeing you all next November.

Andrew.

Hi All,

We've just returned from SDII fall '09 crossing and had a great time (as clearly seen in the blog pics !) Only 61 pax on board plus Wally the pool walruss and no children.

We did the swim in mid atlantic which was amazing, with the water being suprisingly warm (I'm the one in the pic that looks like he's drowning !)

It came as a complete suprise to all the guests that we were doing it. The yacht just slowed down and started to turn and I thought 'oh no, someome's sick and we're turning round' as the Azores were the nearest land. But no, Meredith announced it and the captain came whizzing around the yacht on his jet ski :) Great fun had by all, and the staff joined in too, which was really nice to see. We even received a certificate from the Captain on our last day with the location and water depth etc where we swam.

Quite a number of guests booked future cruises on board with about 10 from this sailing booking the fall '10 crossing with you (including us). Deck 2 was already sold out !

As mentioned, the cruise following the crossing was a 5 day charter for 60 children and 40 adults with very specific requests. I think it would be fair to say that the crew were rather anxious about that sailing.(was that pc enough ??)

I see SDI crossing site is up and running. The usual suspects on board again, hence our switch to SDII.

Look forward to seeing you all next November.

Andrew.

Andrew, I hope adjusting back to the real world has been OK. :) Thanks for checking-in here.

It looks like everyone had a great time. I couldn't believe the pictures of the folks swimming in the ocean. I think I'd only be brave enough to dangle me feet in the water. :eek:

Dare I ask what you mean about switching to SDII?

Congrats on booking the '10 crossing!

Welcome home!

I forgot to mention that we heard a rumour SDII will be having a refit/refresh in the weeks prior to the Nov 10 crossing. Does anyone know anything about this ?

We had a quick look at the new Admiral suite before we disembarked. Very nice, but so near the piano bar I can't imagine you wouldn't be disturbed by it ( not that that's likely to happen to us :rolleyes:).

Archived