SD2 Fall '10 Transatlantic Crossing

ctbjr1309

YES . . .and until I see you in Barcelona I'm still giving odds that you will find a way out of your first two week vacation EVER!

FT

Just for the record, including Christmas, New Years, Vacation, etc. I am currently off for 17 days... I did have a 5-hour stint without the Blackberry last week, but I must say, that EMT's were on-call, and nearly needed:eek:

Just for the record' date=' including Christmas, New Years, Vacation, etc. I am currently off for 17 days... I did have a 5-hour stint without the Blackberry last week, but I must say, that EMT's were on-call, and nearly needed:eek:[/quote']

uh oh . . . it will be a lot longer than 5 hrs without the crackberry on the crossing, of course you can sit in your cabin and check the computer . . . Oh Captain, if you are reading this . . . please alert the Doctor, he will likely need to keep much longer hours on the crossing!

FT

uh oh . . . it will be a lot longer than 5 hrs without the crackberry on the crossing, of course you can sit in your cabin and check the computer . . . Oh Captain, if you are reading this . . . please alert the Doctor, he will likely need to keep much longer hours on the crossing!

FT

Just give DJ'sDH a 5lb Valium. He will be just fine.:D

Just give DJ'sDH a 5lb Valium. He will be just fine.:D

Actually he will have enough of a support group with FT, ctbj'ers and the TOYBARs on board. He can hold meetings in the office:p

DJ's DH is ON A ROLL:D Just booked the Le Meridien Barcelona for 2-nights using Starwood Preferred points.

Thanks' date=' DJ, for spending thousands of $$$ to get us "free" hotel:eek:[/quote']

Not only has Hades frozen over ... it's freezing here in NC (27F)!!

OK ctbjr, FT, and LBLB, we now have airfare from ATL to Barcelona (all the comments about fears about availability, one way, etc. got me worried), thank goodness for BA points, Delta was useless! We will arrive late PM on the 5th so will have to be sure to connect (ctbjr, I think you said you were on BA - wonder if we'll be on the same flight from LHR to BCN?). DJ, can't wait to meet you - have heard lots of good things from the others on the 2007 fall crossing....

Still no hotel and won't be staying at LM since I work for the competition and don't have points with Starwood (evil empire!). We'll probably get employee rate at an HI Express near the beach/harbor ($39 per night, can't beat it!) but hopefully can connect up with folks while in the city.

Anyone looking to extend a day or two in San Juan after arrival? I'm thinking we'll need another day or two to transition back to Atlanta soil...:D

Actually he will have enough of a support group with FT, ctbj'ers and the TOYBARs on board. He can hold meetings in the office:p

Not only has Hades frozen over ... it's freezing here in NC (27F)!!

Don't you remember. . . I don't do meetings in the office, a couple of lunches maybe, but no meetings. meetings occur only on the pool deck. I hear I won't be fighting off the usual competitors (the Captain's relatives and friends from Norway) for my little corner this trip, at least so far . . . I don't know if we've scared them off, but its rumored they haven't booked this crossing . . . at least not yet

FT

OK ctbjr, FT, and LBLB, we now have airfare from ATL to Barcelona (all the comments about fears about availability, one way, etc. got me worried), thank goodness for BA points, Delta was useless! We will arrive late PM on the 5th so will have to be sure to connect (ctbjr, I think you said you were on BA - wonder if we'll be on the same flight from LHR to BCN?). DJ, can't wait to meet you - have heard lots of good things from the others on the 2007 fall crossing....

We're actually flying from ATL also on BA via LHR to BCN. However, we're leaving ATL on the 5th, so I guess we'll miss going over with you by a day. Too bad! Glad to hear that you guys are joining us. The more the merrier!

Still no hotel and won't be staying at LM since I work for the competition and don't have points with Starwood (evil empire!). We'll probably get employee rate at an HI Express near the beach/harbor ($39 per night, can't beat it!) but hopefully can connect up with folks while in the city.

Anyone looking to extend a day or two in San Juan after arrival? I'm thinking we'll need another day or two to transition back to Atlanta soil...:D

Looking forwarding to meeting you too dupontcruiser. Can't believe everything you hear about me though:p

Don't you remember. . . I don't do meetings in the office, a couple of lunches maybe, but no meetings. meetings occur only on the pool deck. I hear I won't be fighting off the usual competitors (the Captain's relatives and friends from Norway) for my little corner this trip, at least so far . . . I don't know if we've scared them off, but its rumored they haven't booked this crossing . . . at least not yet

FT

Guess I will have to bounce between the Office and the pool deck:D

We're actually flying from ATL also on BA via LHR to BCN. However, we're leaving ATL on the 5th, so I guess we'll miss going over with you by a day. Too bad! Glad to hear that you guys are joining us. The more the merrier!

We'll be sure to keep the planes clean for you!

• 2 weeks later...

Starting to get a bit worried... While our "attire" will only fill one suitcase each (if that!), I'm planning on some heavy duty reading. DJ only buys hardbacks, and I have over a foot-high pile on my nightstand right now (that she's already read)...

FT - any room in your bags like last time? We can discuss at dinner tonight:D

Starting to get a bit worried... While our "attire" will only fill one suitcase each (if that!)' date=' I'm planning on some heavy duty reading. DJ only buys hardbacks, and I have over a foot-high pile on my nightstand right now (that she's already read)...

FT - any room in your bags like last time? We can discuss at dinner tonight:D[/quote']

dream on :rolleyes:. . . I can do a TA with carryon . .. and that includes books. Perhaps you should invest in a Kindle or other electronic version . . . I tend to restock via the ship's library. and if you are flying business class over, you shouldn't worry about your luggage . . . or at least not too much! coming back, who cares if it takes several days to get home to GSO

FT

Come on FT ... you saw how many bags DJ's DH had for our 9 nighter:rolleyes:

Since ctbjr reads the same types of books as DJ's DH (and me) perhaps he can take an inventory of the library when he is on board next week:p

I can make it in a carry on for 5 nights while in the Caribbean but 13 nights ... I don't know.

Since ctbjr reads the same types of books as DJ's DH (and me) perhaps he can take an inventory of the library when he is on board next week:p

I'm happy to check out the library on SD2 next week if somebody will remind me. I second FT's recommendation for a Kindle though. Those things were made for a 13 day transatlantic voyage! In fact, I just bought a couple more books so that I'll be prepared for next week's trip.

I'll remind you next week to check out the library!

There is something about having a book in my hands ... haven't made the leap to the Kindle ... just like I still like reading the newspaper on newsprint and not on a computer screen.

I'd say it was old age but ctbjr and FT are older than we are:p

• 2 weeks later...

Archived