SD2 Fall '10 Transatlantic Crossing

ctbjr1309

Looks wonderful! I especially liked all the cava which I better hide from FT!!! The tapas are right up my alley as well;)

Thanks for the heads up LBLB!

Got it. Looks really good. Thanks -couldn't check the home e-mail from work. Thank goods the e-mail ****'s haven't blocked CC and the SD site yet.

FT

Thanks for forwarding Jim's info to me FT:D I just skimmed it and there seems to be some great tips on hotel, restaurants, shopping and all other related info! Thanks Jim!

Thanks for forwarding Jim's info to me FT:D I just skimmed it and there seems to be some great tips on hotel, restaurants, shopping and all other related info! Thanks Jim!

Were here to serve.:p Hope it helps. The guy lived in Barcelona for 8 years and is very particular about his food and drink so it should be good info. Getting hungry just thinking about it.

Hello to All,

Just wondering where to eat and stay in this great city. Have never stayed but have sailed into and out of several times.

Had Tapas in several small bars and they were excellent, SS want more especially Brood of Baby Eels in Garlic, and Gambas with Chroizo, YUM.

any ideas will be greatly appreciated as it will be SS plus ATMaui.

SS

Unfortunately, due to your secret identity I can't e-mail you Jim's wonderful suggestions from his friend in Barcelona . . . but I guess we can always post suggestions and see who shows up?

FT

Hello FT,

We love Barcelona and cannot wait to return. Would love the info from Mr Avery's friend. Try seasonedsailors at mindspring dot com. That should work.

AtMaui is excited to try SD as she has heard nothing but raves from the Seasoned Sailors, and from the CC boards, as well as you and DJ.

The trip simply cannot come quickly enough for all of us. DJ's DH off for 2 whole weeks, amazing isn't it:eek:.

Be well

Seasoned Sailors

It indeed is amazing Seasoned Sailors!

As a matter of face I threw out the idea of taking a few extra days on the front end of the trip and DJ's DH's eyes just glazed over:eek:

they glaze over so easily:D

nothing says you have to fly over together -- why don't you run away first a few days ahead of time?

FT

nothing says you have to fly over together -- why don't you run away first a few days ahead of time?

FT

You are right ... we had been talking with our financial adviser earlier in the week and DJ's DH had the same look when we started talking about retiring at 70 instead of 65 ... oh wait I am already retired:p

Excellent point on my heading over earlier ... but you know how we are joined at the hip:D More to consider and plan ... and you all know how i love to plan!

Hello FT,

We love Barcelona and cannot wait to return. Would love the info from Mr Avery's friend. Try seasonedsailors at mindspring dot com. That should work.

The trip simply cannot come quickly enough for all of us. DJ's DH off for 2 whole weeks, amazing isn't it:eek:.

Be well

Seasoned Sailors

will send it later tonight . . . unfortunately, can't access from the office. I have SD II on December 13 to look foward to, but after that it will seem forever until the fall crossing. Its almost enough to make me want to try the spring crossing!

FT

will send it later tonight . . . unfortunately, can't access from the office. I have SD II on December 13 to look foward to too, but after that it will seem forever until the fall crossing. Its almost enough to make me want to try to spring crossing!

FT

I thought you said I was to shoot you if you ever thought about a spring crossing:p

I thought you said I was to shoot you if you ever thought about a spring crossing:p

well, you are several miles down the road right now aren't you? nowhere near me -- so I guess I'm safe for the time being. :p I also said I wouldn't ever take a 5 day cruise on SD - it was too short and look what I'm doing on Dec. 13. Blame it on my feeble mind - one of the products of aging! :eek:

FT

well, you are several miles down the road right now aren't you? nowhere near me -- so I guess I'm safe for the time being. :p I also said I wouldn't ever take a 5 day cruise on SD - it was too short and look what I'm doing on Dec. 13. Blame it on my feeble mind - one of the products of aging! :eek:

FT

Champagne, it's the champagne:eek:

FT

Currently I am a few miles away although at certain times during the day, say between 3 and 4 p.m., I wave to as I head to and from school. I can always make a slight detour:D

Champagne, it's the champagne:eek:

Oh yes ... we can always blame it on the Champagne:D

.... DJ's DH off for 2 whole weeks, amazing isn't it:eek:.

Believe it or not, DJ's DH looks forward to 2 whole weeks off...just not disconnected!

FT

FT, she doesn't need your help spending $$$!:(:(:( And, oh by the way, we are attached at the hip, and that isn't likely!!!:rolleyes:

Believe it or not' date=' DJ's DH looks forward to 2 whole weeks off...just not disconnected![/quote']

As long as you realize that you will have to take the laptop and you won't be able to use the crackberry ... I mean Blackberry.:rolleyes: Maybe you and ctbjr can share:p

FT' date=' she doesn't need your help spending $$$!:(:(:( And, oh by the way, we are attached at the hip, and that isn't likely!!![/quote']

We can always have that surgery ... you know the kind that they use on Siamese twins joined at the hip/brain/heart:p

I am pretty sure that I do not need to tell you to go to the market -

http://www.barcelona.com/barcelona_directory/monuments/boqueria_market

One of the days I thought was really great was renting segways with a guide. Barca is a perfect city to see via Segway. We were able to get all over the place. Well worth the money. Unforgettable.

My favorite area is the Gothic Section.

Barca is unbelievable for the activity that continues all night long. Plan to be up very late to really experience the city.

Try to take in a soccer (football) match if possible.

Thanks again for your tips! Yes the Market is a very high priority. We visit markets and even grocery stores in every place we visit. My DH is a real Foodie! We are staying on La Rambla at Hotel 1898, across the street from La Meridien. That is very close to the market and close to the Gothic area. I'm getting more excited all the time. Less than 3 weeks to go!

Thanks again for your tips! Yes the Market is a very high priority. We visit markets and even grocery stores in every place we visit. My DH is a real Foodie! We are staying on La Rambla at Hotel 1898, across the street from La Meridien. That is very close to the market and close to the Gothic area. I'm getting more excited all the time. Less than 3 weeks to go!

Will be interested in your pre-SD report in Barcelona as well as your SD review:D

Make sure it is on the Queen Mary 2. The Queen Victoria and upcoming Queen Elizabeth are merely re worked Vista class cruisers. QM2 is a 30 knot capable North Atlantic Liner. Really makes a difference. After all that dressing up, I am more than ready to head back to flip flops at White Bay and SeaDream.

J.

So why not skip the pomp and circumstance entirely, and go right to what we both agree is "relaxing":rolleyes:? At this point, I consider the flip flops to be "dressing up":cool:

13 days...no blackberry coverage:eek: I'll have to suffer with an occasional laptop fix:(

So why not skip the pomp and circumstance entirely' date=' and go right to what we both agree is "relaxing":rolleyes:? At this point, I consider the flip flops to be "dressing up":cool:

13 days...no blackberry coverage:eek: I'll have to suffer with an occasional laptop fix:([/quote']

Not saying it won't happen, just need a couple of little ducks to take their place in that row.

J.

The Market is closed on Sundays, which was our only full day in Barcelona. Make sure you plan accordingly. :)

Archived