SD2 Fall '10 Transatlantic Crossing

ctbjr1309

And since you did 10 days in the Caribbean on SD this is so difficult because? :p

FT

Well ... I just ordered 4 more bathing suits from Land's End and I am trying to convince DJ's DH that I need at least 7 suits for this trip:p I am guessing I could get by with the four I took on our 10 day Caribbean trip;)

The new topic of debate in our house is what seasickness preventative/medication do we need ... ROFL!! I of course subscribe to the diet tonic and Bombay Sapphire cure. DJ's DH is thinking the patches that go behind the ears:eek:

Well ... I just ordered 4 more bathing suits from Land's End and I am trying to convince DJ's DH that I need at least 7 suits for this trip:p I am guessing I could get by with the four I took on our 10 day Caribbean trip;)

The new topic of debate in our house is what seasickness preventative/medication do we need ... ROFL!! I of course subscribe to the diet tonic and Bombay Sapphire cure. DJ's DH is thinking the patches that go behind the ears:eek:

I suggest Bonine with patches in reserve.

DJ, yes, the patch can be put on after seasickness sets in, but of course, as with any medication, it needs time to get into your system and start to work its magic. By the time you get sick, well. . .you know, you can just assume you've lost at least a day.

I've gotten seasick twice in my life. . .once many years ago on a small private fishing vessel in Mexico. I laid on a hard bench on the ship sick as a dog all while the Captain was screaming "la pez, la pez!" trying to encourage me to get up and bring in the big fish I had on my line. I basically looked at him heavy-lidded in between leaning over the edge to throw up.

The second time was last year on a transpacific crossing on the Crystal Symphony, a large ship. This was about a day or so after departing Hawaii. The sea prior to that from LA to Hawaii was very smooth, and after the rough patch the remainder of the long voyage to Hong Kong was very smooth. Even our stewardess was sick, and there were very few people dining or milling about on the ship for about 36 hours or so.

I would be most concerned about seasickness if I were doing an ocean crossing in one of the yachts. Why take the chance? I say put the patch on before you begin. My husband is a doc and he feels that particular med is quite safe. We both intend to use the "badge of courage" (his expression) when we take our first SD cruise this December, basically because of the small ship. He feels why take the chance of ruining at least part of your vacation.

I say slap on the badge BEFORE YOU SET SAIL.

FINALLY got my e-docs this morning . . . was wondering who I'd offended this time in Miami . . .since everyone else seemed to have already received days earlier.

FT

Actually I think the reason I received mine a couple of days before you was that I had emailed Susanne with a few questions, one of which was whether I opted for e-docs or not:rolleyes:

Last night DJ's DH was on the phone with LH to get us seated together for the hop from FRA to LIS. Trip is starting to feel real now!!

just checking the itinerary and saw my cabin assignment. On deck 2 which is fine - but have half of a commodore suite. Not my most favorite if the people next to me don't get along. Just fine if they do, but on one crossing, the Brits next door argued every afternoon and late at night (think of Virginia Wolf).:eek: Lovely accents but not at 70 decibels after too many G&Ts. Oh, well, that the risk you take with the savings of a GTY. ;)

FT

Three weeks from today we will be boarding SD2 for our first crossing!!:D

Almost time for a Chico's run:p

I know you are getting excited. Looking forward to your posts. Hey, why don't you & Lois just trade Chicos stuff back and forth??:D Think of the money you would save.

I know you are getting excited. Looking forward to your posts. Hey, why don't you & Lois just trade Chicos stuff back and forth??:D Think of the money you would save.

Definitely excited (can't you tell;))!

Too funny about the Chico's exchange:p

25% sale through the end of the week :)

And Chico's is having a 25% off everything your entire purchase this week so it's a good time to go!

Thanks for the heads up! I will have to get Chico's in the next day or two:cool:

Archived