SD2 Fall '10 Transatlantic Crossing

ctbjr1309

I hope everyone on the crossing has a fantastic time, I am really jealous. We originally booked the fall crossing when we were on board in 2009 but when I got back to work my boss had already booked the same dates so we had to change it to 2011. Now I am really gutted that we could have done the trip as they changed the dates but had already booked another cruise.

Enough of me we wish you all bon voyage, say hi to the TOY from David and Amanda and we hope the weather is good, seas fair, booze flowing , food superb and the staff as always exceptional.

Bon Voyage to all the SDII crossers heading out today, tomorrow &Sunday. Have a blast and be sure to write.:D

Thanks, Jim. I accept responsibility for having fun and for making sure that DJ files regular reports of the festivities.

Bon Voyage to all the SDII crossers heading out today, tomorrow &Sunday. Have a blast and be sure to write.:D

Thanks Jim! We head out of CLT Sunday night and arrive in LIS, via FRA, Monday afternoon just in time to have dinner with FT and company!

Thanks, Jim. I accept responsibility for having fun and for making sure that DJ files regular reports of the festivities.

Are you taking responsibility for me to have fun as well:p

Hope you all have a fabulous time, with no engine problems, leaks, bad seas or anything else!! And a stop in the middle of the Atlantic for a swim!

And looking forward to seeing all your smiling faces on the crossings blog :) and getting frequent reports here on your adventures -- that includes you CTBJR :D --

Vandrefalk

Hope you all have a fabulous time, with no engine problems, leaks, bad seas or anything else!! And a stop in the middle of the Atlantic for a swim!

And looking forward to seeing all your smiling faces on the crossings blog :) and getting frequent reports here on your adventures -- that includes you CTBJR :D --

Vandrefalk

My hopes are the same vandrefalk:p

Thanks for the good wishes!

DJ's Dad: "Really Jen ... no stopping."...

Wow, I can't believe I have just started my first 2-week+ vacation (A few days in Lisbon, and 11 nights on SDII)!!!:D

Top theme in the office today:

"At what ports of call are you stopping?" (None)

"How many stops?" (Hopefully one...in the middle of the Atlantic)

"How far from land?" (No more than 3 miles...down)

"What is there to do?" (Nothing)

"Won't you be bored?" (Uh...NO!)

But the #1 question.... "Won't you be lost without your Blackberry?":eek: (Probably, but that's why they installed wi-fi on the ship during drydock this week, for guests like me);)

I can't WAIT to sit in "the office" with my laptop, to insure my mailbox is empty upon return to terra firma:cool:

Wow' date=' I can't believe I have just started my first 2-week+ vacation (A few days in Lisbon, and 11 nights on SDII)!!!

Top theme in the office today:

"At what ports of call are you stopping?" (None)

"How many stops?" (Hopefully one...in the middle of the Atlantic)

"How far from land?" (No more than 3 miles...down)

"What is there to do?" (Nothing)

"Won't you be bored?" (Uh...NO!)

But the #1 question.... "Won't you be lost without your Blackberry?":eek: (Probably, but that's why they installed wi-fi on the ship during drydock this week, for guests like me);)

I can't WAIT to sit in "the office" with my laptop, to insure my mailbox is empty upon return to terra firma:cool:[/quote']

Interesting that the themes at work revolved around technology and the like while the themes here at home are ...

"Why are there pits in the olives in my martini?"

"Why aren't the olives in my martini stuffed with blue cheese?"

And the top question at home ...

"When are you getting a haircut?"

I look forward to your updates DisneyJen!

I hope to update regularly ... depending on the connectivity of ctbjr's and DJ's DH's laptops.:p

Wishing all of you safe travels going and coming back and a wonderful crossing !!!!:)

Thanks Archipelago ... My wish is that the NC count was four instead of three:cool:

Interesting that the themes at work revolved around technology and the like while the themes here at home are ...

"Why are there pits in the olives in my martini?"

"Why aren't the olives in my martini stuffed with blue cheese?"

And the top question at home ...

"When are you getting a haircut?"...

1) Because you didn't buy the right olives at the store?

2) Because there were pits in them!

3) Tomorrow - I'm getting them ALL cut!

Wishing all of you great weather and a kind Mother Ocean on your sail across the GREAT POND! Will be thinking about all of you and anxiously awaiting both the Sea Dream Crossing Photos and the posts from whoever decides to be the reporter from the merry band of travelers. Have a glass of champagne for me!

But the #1 question.... "Won't you be lost without your Blackberry?":eek: (Probably' date=' but that's why they installed wi-fi on the ship during drydock this week, for guests like me);)

[/quote']

Can I ask about your source of the info for wi-fi? Last December I had heard directly from someone in Miami that wi fi would not happen since it would destroy the ambiance. . . . if they can change their minds on this, wish they would change their minds on the $35.00 per day Internet charge .. .

and by the way, DJ's DH, I won't use the wi-fi as my office doesn't think the Blackberry works in the middle of the Atlantic . . . so keep it on your campus, don't let it spread across the highway to my division of our employer . . . . or your Crackberry may take a dive into the Atlantic:rolleyes:

FT

Hey FT ... are you packed yet??

Safe travels tomorrow. Please forward any scouting reports/tips about transfer from the airport to the hotel in Lisbon:cool:

See you in Lisbon on Monday afternoon:D

my desk in my office is now packed . . . since it is relocating while I am gone . . . after 10 yrs in the same office that was a nightmare . . . . but no, got to start now on the real packing.

I plan on taking a taxi from the airport to the hotel in Lisbon and will let you know how it goes - seems to be the cheapest option. My Portuguese is non existent, lets see if my Spanish suffices - (works in Brazil most of the time). If not, lets hope I don't end up in taking a wrong turn and end up in Funchal or cause an international incident. :eek:

FT

Just wanted to wish all of you who are going on this crossing a wonderful voyage with nice, calm seas and sunny blue skies.

Will be anxious to read the updates and hear all about your adventures on board. My DH is interested about the wi-fi situation as well, so if you get a chance please let us know.

Enjoy yourselves (but please leave some champagne for the rest of us in Jan.)!

CDreamer

Can I ask about your source of the info for wi-fi? Last December I had heard directly from someone in Miami that wi fi would not happen since it would destroy the ambiance. . . . if they can change their minds on this, wish they would change their minds on the $35.00 per day Internet charge .. .

and by the way, DJ's DH, I won't use the wi-fi as my office doesn't think the Blackberry works in the middle of the Atlantic . . . so keep it on your campus, don't let it spread across the highway to my division of our employer . . . . or your Crackberry may take a dive into the Atlantic:rolleyes:

FT

My source? DisneyJen! She knows EVERYTHING.

Such an unfortunate situation with my mobile device, would be abuse of Company property...and I'd have to find a good attorney:eek:

My source? DisneyJen! She knows EVERYTHING.

Such an unfortunate situation with my mobile device' date=' would be abuse of Company property...and I'd have to find a good attorney:eek:[/quote']

DJ's DH is being a troublemaker:eek:

I can not confirm or deny if there is wifi. I know that there is a schedule upgrade of the internet service during dry dock because I read it here on CC ... and we know if we read it on the internet it's true:p

DJ's DH is being a troublemaker:eek:

I can not confirm or deny if there is wifi. I know that there is a schedule upgrade of the internet service during dry dock because I read it here on CC ... and we know if we read it on the internet it's true:p

Internet was already upgraded when we were on in May. You should have Internet as fast as at home but it was wired then and I would be most surprised if it was wi-fi now. Wi-fi could ruin the ambience of the ships. I am sure that FT will provide me with a report.

all packed! Next stop GSO airport, then ATL, AMS and LIS -- if on time, arrive arround 2:45 local Lisbon time tomorrow afternoon.

FT

P.S - for those you traveling Business Class on a "codeshare" partner - check the partners baggage weight. KLM charges for anything in excess of 50.5 lbs. Delta allows 70lbs. Makes a difference for a couple of pair of shoes!!!

Internet was already upgraded when we were on in May. You should have Internet as fast as at home but it was wired then and I would be most surprised if it was wi-fi now. Wi-fi could ruin the ambience of the ships. I am sure that FT will provide me with a report.

I'm sure FT will give you a full report:p

all packed! Next stop GSO airport, then ATL, AMS and LIS -- if on time, arrive arround 2:45 local Lisbon time tomorrow afternoon.

FT

P.S - for those you traveling Business Class on a "codeshare" partner - check the partners baggage weight. KLM charges for anything in excess of 50.5 lbs. Delta allows 70lbs. Makes a difference for a couple of pair of shoes!!!

Glad you are packed and ready to go! I still have some last minute laundry and shopping but I should be able to zip up those suitcases this evening. Appreciate the tip on codeshared flights.

Safe travels!

just checked the weather forcast against for LIsbon. This is my 4th crossing on SD II and first time I haven't started in Tenerife . . . looks like it will be a bit chilly. . . thinking about throwing in a thicker sweater in the carryon, taking up the last bit of space . . .

FT

I have been checking the weather as well since this is our first time to Lisbon. I plan on wearing a leather jacket on the plane tomorrow night. I have a sweater and my SD jacket ready to go in the carry on.

Archived