QV -- Upper Level or Main Floor Dining in the Britannia?

portadown

On the QM, our table (for six) was on the upper level and we loved it -- it felt intimate, but we could still look out across the balconies and have a great view of the room. We thought that the tables on the main floor dining level looked a bit "lost".

Does anyone have any ideas about the QV? Would you recommend the "upper level" or "main floor" dining?

Thanks.

It is once again personal preference but the lower floor (Deck 2), toward the back of the restaurant and near the windows was great for us. That said, we had lunch at a table just as you enter on deck 2 and to the left, lovely table for 2.

Trevor

• 2 weeks later...

There isn't a choice is there, are tables not all pre allocated and the first you know is when you arrive in your stateroom? We have just booked QV 23rd November and booked a second seating table for eight! What time is second seating - anybody know?

There isn't a choice is there, are tables not all pre allocated and the first you know is when you arrive in your stateroom? We have just booked QV 23rd November and booked a second seating table for eight! What time is second seating - anybody know?

I think it's 8.30. I am on same cruise, but first sitting. I am on Queen Victoria again but not until 2011, but I plan to find a nice table and talk nicely to the maitra'D and see if I can reserve it. :)

If the HAL Vistas are any indication, Lower Dining Room Aft is the warmest, most uncomfortable part of the dining room...

...this is particularly evident on Formal Nights while you're in your tuxedo.

Oddly enough, Upper Dining Room is more comfortable - tho on the far right side of the room behind the galley, there can be the occasional cold zephyr emanating from the AC vents in the ceiling.

Archived