Are rules meant to be broken???

Cathy p

How about teaching a child good manners, there can still be truth in that.

People should have filters between their brain and mouth.

The spirit of a rule is more important than the rule it's self.

I really like "filters between their brain and mouth".

Maybe not teaching a child to lie , but how many parents have scolded a child when they have simply told the truth

"Boy Grandma you are old "

" Aunt Mary sure is fat"

Yes I know those things aren't nice and hurtful to be said , but a child is just telling it like it is, and then gets scolded for it .

This made me laugh. My nephew has a "filter" problem. You know that little voice in your head that says you shouldn't say what you are thinking out loud.

When he first met my sister's boyfriend (now husband), he was told he is a BIG man (400 lbs) and not to say anything about him being fat. So he walks up to him and says - your not fat eh? Just a little chubby. He laughed turned to him and said, you are so polite, but no son, I am fat!

• 2 weeks later...

Just a thought here, but if I'm not mistaken the 9-11 year old group can sign themselves in and out of activities, but an 8 year old can't...boy, that would save Mom and Dad lots of time if they could get their kid in the older age group and just send him/her on their way without having to go too. Gee, I also wonder if Camp Carnival was at the opposite end of the ship from their cabin..mmmm?? Trust me, we've been there racing the smaller ones to their acitvities so we wouldn't miss ours! It was worth it!

They should make a rule that everyone is required to jump overboard right after muster. Afterwards, all that would be left is people I'd probably really enjoy hanging out with. :eek: :D

That was awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!

Best post I've read all year.

Archived