oh no!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noodles62

We are going on the July 1st sailing on the QM2 and we were in transit from vANCOUVER to laguardia today and are now stranded in toronto canada because all flights into new york, new jersey were cancelled due to thunderstorms. We are rebooked on the 1st on an 800am flight that will get to laguardia at 1000am so we should be fine still but they are warning that flights may be cancelled or delayed tomorrow because of thunderstorms. So we could get cancelled again. I would think we aren't the only ones in this situation. It was chaos at the airport as hundreds had flights cancelled. We are at a hotel and hoping it will be ok. The trip is for our 25th anniversary. What if we can't get there. I am so upset. What to do? If hundreds are affected because they can't get into new york would they wait for us? Or maybe we are the only ones. Any thoughts. Thanks

We are going on the July 1st sailing on the QM2 and we were in transit from vANCOUVER to laguardia today and are now stranded in toronto canada because all flights into new york, new jersey were cancelled due to thunderstorms. We are rebooked on the 1st on an 800am flight that will get to laguardia at 1000am so we should be fine still but they are warning that flights may be cancelled or delayed tomorrow because of thunderstorms. So we could get cancelled again. I would think we aren't the only ones in this situation. It was chaos at the airport as hundreds had flights cancelled. We are at a hotel and hoping it will be ok. The trip is for our 25th anniversary. What if we can't get there. I am so upset. What to do? If hundreds are affected because they can't get into new york would they wait for us? Or maybe we are the only ones. Any thoughts. Thanks

That's too bad. Our rain lasted a fairly short time today, as has most of the rain on the last couple of afternoons.

According to weather.com there is a 20% chance of precipitation tomorrow around 10 am and 40% after 1 pm. I hope you get in! If not, what is your cabin number...? ;)

It is ultimately up to the airline to get you to the ship...

Did you do your air independently or through Cunard?

If you can't get into NYC and miss the ship.. you need to be rerouted to the first stop.

I hope you bought travel insurance?

It is ultimately up to the airline to get you to the ship...

Did you do your air independently or through Cunard?

If you can't get into NYC and miss the ship.. you need to be rerouted to the first stop.

I hope you bought travel insurance?

I disagree.

It`s up to the airline to get the OP to LaGuardia.

Rich

I do hope you make it, please let us know, get there and have a great anniversary.

Odd, we in the UK fly in thunderstorms all the time, I had a wonderful take from London to Paris once, and vice versa was even better, lighting everywhere

Thanks for your replys. I am sitting in the airport waiting to leave on the 815am flight. So far so good. Flights are leaving. If all goes well we will be at Laguardia at 1015 and head right to the pier. I'm thinking of calling Aricibo car service once at Laguardia as they come in 5 to 10 minutes. I hope that is a good plan. Our boarding time says 230 but I just want to get there as soon as possible now I am all stressed out. I hope if we get there early they won't make us sit there for hours and hours and hours. Other cruise lines we have been on let you board earlier like around 1200noon. Well, fingers crossed that our plane will take off and get to Laguardia and we can go on the cruise as planned. Thanks again.

Thanks for your replys. I am sitting in the airport waiting to leave on the 815am flight. So far so good. Flights are leaving. If all goes well we will be at Laguardia at 1015 and head right to the pier. I'm thinking of calling Aricibo car service once at Laguardia as they come in 5 to 10 minutes. I hope that is a good plan. Our boarding time says 230 but I just want to get there as soon as possible now I am all stressed out. I hope if we get there early they won't make us sit there for hours and hours and hours. Other cruise lines we have been on let you board earlier like around 1200noon. Well, fingers crossed that our plane will take off and get to Laguardia and we can go on the cruise as planned. Thanks again.

Sounds like you are home free. Have a great flight. See you on board.

Jeanne

How very picky, you must be a lawyer.:eek:

i was going to reply to that, thought better of it, but all this person wants is to get to the ship, asap, not who, what and why the airline are doing.

I am waiting to hear if they get there, so far so good,

i think they pleanty of time , if the plane is on time.

good luck, and hey lets say it

BON VOYAGE

Rent a car and drive! 343 miles (553km).

Air Canada flight 702 (8:15 depature from YYZ) arrived LGA 9:40am.

This was their flight?

If not, I would take the bus, probably cheaper than to rent a car with border crossing, etc. I do it all the time from Montreal. Probably longer from Toronto, but worth a try IMHO.

Best of luck!

This was their flight?

Well, I don't know. But, it was an 8:15am departure - the time the OP indicated for their flight. So, barring other plane-specific issues, it suggests that flights were departing YYV and arriving LGA on schedule.

I disagree.

It`s up to the airline to get the OP to LaGuardia.

Rich

I don't know what the rules or laws are in other countries, but in Canada an airline is not responsible for passengers if there is a delay or cancellation that is out of the airline's control. I have been in this position a few times and all the airline has to do is give you a refund. Of course, if you get a sympathetic agent on the phone you will get priority for booking another flight. The airline would rather not give a refund so they usually help to a certain degree, but not with expenses. If the delay is the fault of the airline, such as mechanical problems or crew shortages, then they will issue food vouchers, arrange hotels, alternate routings, etc. Air Canada has a programme called "On My Way' which will provide insurance against delays no matter how caused. I believe it costs $25 for flights under 1000 miles. The airline provides a special phone number and will book and pay for hotels and arrange alternate transportation. I wish I had paid this extra charge last year.

New York's airports are notoriously unreliable. There seems to be fog at LaGuardia most of the time and even when the weather is fine there are frequent ground delays. Many flights are turned back to Toronto for that reason. Last year we took Air Canada from Toronto to LaGuardia to catch the QE2 and because of fog we ended up being diverted and stranded for a few hours in Montreal and eventually returned to Toronto. We were able to go home for two hours sleep and were given priority on an early morning flight which was delayed by fog, but 14 hours after we first left Toronto we arrived in New York. For this year's QM2 we took Porter Airlines to Newark and after two short ground delays we made it only 90 minutes late. I wish there was an overnight sleeper train between Toronto or Montreal and New York as we have taken in the past.

Well I am hoping they made it. It is 9:30PM in NYC and it never rained. I trust that they are happily enjoying their first night on QM2 on their way...back to Canada ( Halifax).:D

Denise

Well hello :) We did make it. THe plane was 702 and did leave on time and arrive on time and we were at the pier at 1140am which truly felt like a miracle to me. We are safely tucked away onboard. When we got to the airport we were still nervous as they were saying thunderstorms were expected. THanks for all of your kind words and good wishes. I FEEL SO RELIEVED!!!!!!!!

The airline was responsible for us because we were in transit. We had a connecting flight vancouver toronto new york all on the same airline. The people who weren't in transit were not offered the free hotel and dinner vouchers which didn't seem right but that is air canadas deal. THanks again. The ship is gorgeous. :)

Well hello :) We did make it. THe plane was 702 and did leave on time and arrive on time and we were at the pier at 1140am which truly felt like a miracle to me. We are safely tucked away onboard. When we got to the airport we were still nervous as they were saying thunderstorms were expected. THanks for all of your kind words and good wishes. I FEEL SO RELIEVED!!!!!!!!

The airline was responsible for us because we were in transit. We had a connecting flight vancouver toronto new york all on the same airline. The people who weren't in transit were not offered the free hotel and dinner vouchers which didn't seem right but that is air canadas deal. THanks again. The ship is gorgeous. :)

Well done, say a big hi to tom & Adele and sharon and di for us if your at the meeting

How very picky, you must be a lawyer.:eek:

Being a lawyer has nothing to do with it. I'm glad the OP made the ship. However is is not the airlines responsibility to get the pax anywhere other than

LGA. Especially because of a weather delay!

Archived