Future Cruise Credit Certificate from Mariner

We were recently on the Mariner of the Seas (May 31st). This inten. was changed to the Pacific Northwest due to the Swine flu.

Anyway..to compensate the passengers..we received a Future Cruise Credit Certificate for $350. ($175 each)

We already have 3 cruises booked for this next year. We wanted to use this cert for one of these cruises. (It states we must used before June 13, 2010.

We called today..RCL said we MUST book a Mexican Rivera cruise in order to use this. It does NOT say this on the cert.

Anyone else know the rules?

We really didn't want to book a 4th cruise before June 13th. :( But..don't want to waist this either.

We were recently on the Mariner of the Seas (May 31st). This inten. was changed to the Pacific Northwest due to the Swine flu.

Anyway..to compensate the passengers..we received a Future Cruise Credit Certificate for $350. ($175 each)

We already have 3 cruises booked for this next year. We wanted to use this cert for one of these cruises. (It states we must used before June 13, 2010.

We called today..RCL said we MUST book a Mexican Rivera cruise in order to use this. It does NOT say this on the cert.

We really didn't want to book a 4th cruise before June 13th. :( But..don't want to waist this either.

I'd call back and ask someone else

We were on the same sailing as you, and our certificates DO state they must be used on a Mex. Riviera cruise: "Certificate must be used on a sailing of 4 nights or longer to Mexico." (It is in the very small print in "Booking Conditions" section. The type is so small that it is easy to miss.)

We were on the same sailing as you, and our certificates DO state they must be used on a Mex. Riviera cruise: "Certificate must be used on a sailing of 4 nights or longer to Mexico." (It is in the very small print in "Booking Conditions" section. The type is so small that it is easy to miss.)

This is not on ours. However..we were not awarded our certificate like some of the others. They tried to deny ours because they upgraded our cabin. (THEY) upgraded our cabin.

Then..after we got home..I talked to RCL..and they realized that they made mistake. They then sent us our FCC and also awarded us our OBC. (after we got home)

Anyway..ours does not say it must be Mex R. However..we will probably go ahead and book a Mex. R. (we read it all the way through)

I guess since ours probably looks different than some of the others..they forgot to put that on there.

(we didn't want to..but..guess we will) :(

Thanks for your replies. :)

As I recall, the stipulation was that it was to be used on a Mexican Riviera cruise on either Mariner or Radiance.

That's how I remembered it too..It's just that it does not say it on the FCC.

Thanks everyone for the replies. :)

We also received a FCC because we missed 3 Mexican ports on our April 26th Radiance Cruise.

Our certs were sent to our TA and they specifically stated that they must be used by May of next year on either Radiance or Mariner to the Mexican Riviera.

I was also on the May 31st cruise. I'm curious, did you get the full amount of FCC you were promised? We were told $250 each, for a total of $500 per cabin (we had an interior stateroom). We got them the other day, and they're $125 each, so only @250 per CABIN, not per person like we were told.

I was also on the May 31st cruise. I'm curious, did you get the full amount of FCC you were promised? We were told $250 each, for a total of $500 per cabin (we had an interior stateroom). We got them the other day, and they're $125 each, so only @250 per CABIN, not per person like we were told.

That's one of the things they changed after the original announcement. We were told $350 each for all four of us in our balcony stateroom and then later told that it would be $350 total. Also, Crown and Anchor told me we could use the FCC on any Radiance or Mariner cruise that called on ANY Mexican port. Later that week our TA called and told us Mex Riviera only.

the small print under your name. end of the paragraph, last line says "4 nights or longer to mexico":D

they originally said pp and then they sent another letter that said...."oops". it's per cabin. i had a number of very upset group members.:(

We did. We were told $600 per cabin, and that is what we received.

We did. We were told $600 per cabin, and that is what we received.

was that a suite?:)

I was in a JS and was told I would receive $600. Then I read on these boards that they have divided up the certs between the two pax in the cabin.

So I would get half of it and my mom would get the other half.

The trouble with that is:

A- I paid for the whole cruise, and

B- she will likely never go on another cruise again, for sure not to Mexico. The cert is non-transferable.

I guess I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.

I can see the point of dividing it, because they will either get one more booking, (i.e. married couple with two certs) two more bookings, (i.e.friends or other relatives with one cert each) or lose nothing if they don't get any bookings.

We were on the Mariner in May and I called RCL twice to confirm the $350 per person...well it was only $175 which isn't bad but not what they told me in the beginning. Yes you do have to use it 4 nights or longer in the Mexican Riveria but you can use it with other promotional deals.

I calculated that if we go on the 5 day Radiance cruise in California we could go for free...not too bad if you ask me....for an interior room....balcony will be around $75 each for 2 people.

We were on the same PNW cruise with you:) We just LOVED it! Anyway, our TA received our FCC certificates & they say that in order to use them, we must book a four night or longer cruise to the MR. Our expiration date is April, 2011. My certificate has already been applied to a Mariner MR cruise for April 2010 with my DH. My DD traveled with me on the PNW cruise & to date, we can not fit a 7 night cruise in her busy college/inturnship schedule before her certificate expires.:( Looks like we will loose out on one of them. (would love to try Radiance but looks like that ship is leaving the west coast before we get the time off to sail on her).

Check on your expiration date. It doesn't seem right that we both had balconies on the same ship & cruise dates with $350 FCC & we both have different expiration dates.:confused:

they originally said pp and then they sent another letter that said...."oops". it's per cabin. i had a number of very upset group members.:(

Hmm...maybe I'm being overly sensitive, but this is rather upsetting to me. I didn't receive any letter of any sort, and it seems there's a lot of passengers who didn't either. I don't know that I would have done the cruise without the FCC I was promised (I REALLY had my heart set on Mexico). I probably would have just rebooked to another cruise, but the huge amount of FCC combined with the OBC was just too much to resist. Now, post-cruise, I find out that the FCC has been halved.

We were on the same PNW cruise with you:) We just LOVED it! Anyway, our TA received our FCC certificates & they say that in order to use them, we must book a four night or longer cruise to the MR. Our expiration date is April, 2011. My certificate has already been applied to a Mariner MR cruise for April 2010 with my DH. My DD traveled with me on the PNW cruise & to date, we can not fit a 7 night cruise in her busy college/inturnship schedule before her certificate expires.:( Looks like we will loose out on one of them. (would love to try Radiance but looks like that ship is leaving the west coast before we get the time off to sail on her).

Check on your expiration date. It doesn't seem right that we both had balconies on the same ship & cruise dates with $350 FCC & we both have different expiration dates.:confused:

Hi There!

Yes..our expiration is 6/13/2010..I think the reason it's later is because we did not receive our FCC until later because the ,at first, didn't want to give it to us.

(long story) They then awarded it to us.

Ours does NOT say we have to do the MR..but..we will.

I feel it's just very nice that they gave so many of these to the passengers. :)

I'm not going to press it about where I have to use it. We love Mariner and want to do it again. :)

I was hoping though that we could use it on one of the other 3 bookings we've made. :(

I sent mine in already. We booked May 2nd for Cinco De Mayo week. I received an Email on 6/29 that they received them and that they were applied to our reservation. well its been a week and I still dont see the cost taken off our cruise. Today I sent in an Email asking them to apply our credits. Lets see how long it takes. I have copies of everything.

Happy Planning

Brenda

I sent mine in already. We booked May 2nd for Cinco De Mayo week. I received an Email on 6/29 that they received them and that they were applied to our reservation. well its been a week and I still dont see the cost taken off our cruise. Today I sent in an Email asking them to apply our credits. Lets see how long it takes. I have copies of everything.

Happy Planning

Brenda

Good luck..hope you hear from them soon. :)

Archived