Port of Miami

lastchance99

We are going to sail on the Imagination on Sept 11th, this is our first cruise, so we are trying a short one to see how we like it. We are staying over night at the Mariott the night before and taking a cab the day we set sail. When we get back on the Monday our flight doesnt leave untill 4 in the afternoon, is a cab to the airport from the boat the best way to get there, or can someone offer any other suggestions for us? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks:)

You can take a cab from the ship to the airport ($24) or take one of the Carnival end of cruise excursions- they do several different tours of Miami/Everglades etc and end up at the airport.

I would take a tour, you won't be able to check your luggage that early if your flight is at 4:00 and at least if you book something they will keep your liggage on the bus for you. It makes for a very long day sitting at the airport all afternoon.

You could try SAS Transportation for your trip from the port to the airport. They don't troll the parking lot; you have to arrange it with them, but we were extremely satisfied with our service with them and they were really reasonable--even when we were in the really bad gas crunch a year or so ago.

If you don't like the Carnival options-- I had a friend who rented a car and went to South Beach for a few hours. They rented from a company at the port and returned it at the airport.

That is what we do. A little beach time, a little shopping, nice lunch...

We are going to sail on the Imagination on Sept 11th, this is our first cruise, so we are trying a short one to see how we like it. We are staying over night at the Mariott the night before and taking a cab the day we set sail. When we get back on the Monday our flight doesnt leave untill 4 in the afternoon, is a cab to the airport from the boat the best way to get there, or can someone offer any other suggestions for us? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks:)

First cruise we did the Miami Sea Aquarium tour...very enjoyable and they keep your luggage on the bus.

Second cruise...we did the South Beach Art Deco Tour which was mainly dropping us off on Ocean Drive and letting us shop and eat, also enjoyable.

Third cruise...took a cab to South Beach got a hotel and flew home the next day! whoohoo!

Last cruise....rented a car at the airport and toured South Beach on our own. Had a great breakfast on Ocean Drive and spent the day at the beach. This was our favorite post cruise activity!

Good luck with whichever you choose!

The only thing that would deter me from the Everglades tour is, I would feel like I needed a shower after a long day in the sun. I don't think I would be very comfortable getting on a plane with that "not so very fresh" feeling.

I like the idea of the everglades tour, thanks for your suggestions, was greatly appreciated

That's what we did. It was nice because we stowed our luggage under the bus, so that was one less thing to worry about. The Everglades tour was very cool. Then the bus took us right to the airport, which was another thing we didn't have to worry about.

Archived