Changing Cabin Assignments

pakmount

We wanted to book our 19 yr old and her friend in their own cabin accross the hall. However, our TA told us that Carnival will not allow two 19 yr old in a cabin alone. So we had to book one adult and onen19 yr old in each cabin. Does anyone know if this can be changed once we get to port? What an inconvenience this will be if not. Thanks for your help!

Yes that is exactly what we have done in the past.....but apparently I have heard Carnival is cracking down on that....so be aware...for the same family and the same credit card it may be alright........however...we have done the same thing bringing oboard virgin cruisers and having each share a cabin with each of us to get the past cruiser rate....so I think it may relate more to that than family......you just need to get the cards changed so you can enter the right cabin........

Yes, I would like to be able to enter my balcony cabin! We are all on the same credit card, but the TA said it was because of their ages. Her friend is 19 and we had to get a consent to chaperone, and a chaperone form signed by us and her parents. Wierd, since 19 year olds can often be married on going on their honeymoons!

At any rate, I need to change this after we have our sign and sail cards? Can we do it before, at the port terminal? So it is all correct when we board. The pursers desk is always a mad house, especially the first day.

Thanks

Yes, I would like to be able to enter my balcony cabin! We are all on the same credit card, but the TA said it was because of their ages. Her friend is 19 and we had to get a consent to chaperone, and a chaperone form signed by us and her parents. Wierd, since 19 year olds can often be married on going on their honeymoons!

At any rate, I need to change this after we have our sign and sail cards? Can we do it before, at the port terminal? So it is all correct when we board. The pursers desk is always a mad house, especially the first day.

Thanks

We just did this in May and were told it was because my son's 19 yr old friend was not ours. We did not get any kind of consent but he did have a passport.

Once we boarded we went directly to the pursers desk and switched the cards. You will be need to be present but it will only take a few minutes. You will not be able to do it at the port.

Thanks

I find this amazing. I understand that you have to agree to be responsible, but the document signed by her parents is of no effect. An 18 year old is an adult for all purposes. Her parents cannot consent for anything for her. Carnival and some TAs haven't figured it out.

We actually had our S&S cards/keys changed at the terminal when checking in last year. We were very late boarding due to transfer issues. Prior to that we always had it done at the desk after boarding. We've always had a separate room for our kids. The first time they were 10, 15 & 18. What I find odd is we were never allowed to do the original booking without a parent in each room, yet Carnival's own rules at the time stated that it was okay if it's a kid/parent thing in rooms that are by each other. I do wonder if that has changed, though, as I haven't been able to find it on their website this year. No matter, the kids aren't going this time anyway.

Usually Carnival will allow you to book children directly across or next to your cabin without booking a adult into each cabin. Your TA was quoting general rules since Carnival allows this generally. I guess protecting herself?

Thanks everyone you have all been very helpful. Glad to know that this is not impossible. :D

Also......board as early as you can and just stop by the purser's (right where you walk in) and make the quick change...it's not really a problem with a lot of people there early.:D

Archived