Carnival to make a bid for Royal?

from the mouth of babes..............

I've formed no opinion on the viability of a ship or it's design, not even based on others opinions or experiences. I am mature enough to know we all don't see things the same way, including ships.

Funniest thing about this to me is that I've not even sailed on RCCL yet, but I seem to identify with more of the that crowd than the other (a line on which I have sailed - and liked).

yes, princess was amazing before carnival acquired it and so was hal and cunard. now it became a different version of carnival.

by the same token Celebrity has gone downhill since Royal Caribbean bought them along with Royal itself so much so that now most experts agree that Carnival is the better line

by the same token Celebrity has gone downhill since Royal Caribbean bought them along with Royal itself so much so that now most experts agree that Carnival is the better line

Who are these "experts?" Every report I've seen, including Berlitz's latest release rates RCI's and CCL's major ships the same. X has been consistenly rated higher than both RCI and CCL.

I would question who your so-called "experts" might be as well as their conclusion that Carnival is a "better line". The purchase of Celebrity by RCI is ancient history and I suspect that no line is, now, what they were at the time of that takeover. Major changes have occurred with every mass market line since that time, especially with the introduction of the megaliners in RCI, Celebrity, HAL, Princess and Carnival. Ask some long time HAL or Princess cruisers how they feel about the influence of Carnival's Joe Farcus on the design of some of their newer ships and you might conclude that things have gone downhill on those lines since Carnival took them over. Change is a fact of life and is not intrinsically better or worse. Some "experts" may claim that those changes have not been for the better but none will deny that far more people are cruising today than cruised before the various mergers took place. I have cruised on all of the lines mentioned and fail to see significant differences in the basic cruise experience that any or all of them offer.

I'm not certain I consider TRIPSO to be a reliable source of information either......:eek:
What is TRIPSO? Never heard of them before. Interesting to see the rumor pop up in another publication after Dailycruisenews pulled it yesterday.

What is TRIPSO? Never heard of them before. Interesting to see the rumor pop up in another publication after Dailycruisenews pulled it yesterday.
Checked Google news -- nothing and the Yahoo stock message boards are not giving the rumor credence.

LOL...... Keep dreaming. Carnival better than Royal Caribbean. That's laughable. If it makes you and your Carnival riders feel better to be over here on the Royal board trying to take down the other cruise lines in order to build up the Tilt A Whirl line, then go ahead. LAMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:p

Who are these "experts?" Every report I've seen, including Berlitz's latest release rates RCI's and CCL's major ships the same. X has been consistenly rated higher than both RCI and CCL.

Experts???? Mickey Arison, Bobby Dickinson, Bubbles the Clown, Henry Hobo. Those are some good experts.;)

What experts? That is really a hoot.

LOL...... Keep dreaming. Carnival better than Royal Caribbean. That's laughable. If it makes you and your Carnival riders feel better to be over here on the Royal board trying to take down the other cruise lines in order to build up the Tilt A Whirl line, then go ahead. LAMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:p

I don't know about others on this board, but I cruise more than ONE cruiseline. I have even been known to go on boards of cruiselines I haven't cruised, yet. I enjoy learning about lines I haven't been on, yet. I have cruised on RC, Carnival, and Princess, and have a right to be on this board just as much as you, or anyone else. I don't bash ANY cruiselines.

You're kidding' date=' right?

Oasis and Allure are two of the biggest mistakes Royal ever made. While Oasis might enjoy a few good seasons because of peoples curiosity...no serious cruiser would do it more than once. Not many cruise vets are interesting in a floating shopping mall/amusement park....filled with "for-fee" venues.

Perhaps Dubai will buy 'em and dock them somewhere for a hotel resort.... They sure have nothing to do with cruising..other than that they float.[/quote']

I understand where you're coming from, however, I have to disagree here.

I don't believe for a second that RCCL would build Oasis or Allure to target seasoned cruisers. These ships are being built to target the large number of "never before cruised" people out there. There are a lot of people who don't cruise because they feel they will get board. (My MIL for one)

LOL...... If it makes you and your Carnival riders feel better to be over here on the Royal board trying to take down the other cruise lines in order to build up the Tilt A Whirl line, then go ahead. LAMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:p

I have also read that you Carnies are a bunch of red necks that have the manners of a bunch of back woods bubbas. .....

How would it cost billions to add a bunch of drunks running around in t-shirts and shorts to a ship?

Pot, meet kettle.

I'm not getting in on this argument - I just laughed because at the end you said - 'laughing a#@ my off' with about a hundred exclamation points - struck me as funny since I think it was meant to be condescending to the other poster.....:p

Yeah' date=' there is a reason why Carnival is cheaper.....several reasons actually.

They're making money is the main reason.[/quote']

And this thread shows just how much you think of your fellow Carnies.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1018042

Doesn't seem like you're a popular person over there either. Pigs???? Wow!!!!:eek:

Archived