Self-service checkin kiosks--Miami

jleq

Hope they expand that to other ports. I love that idea.

Candi

Same here and what a concept~! I love using the self service kiosks at the airport. Anything that makes getting on the ship faster is wonderful in my book! Thanks OP for sharing that :)

If it makes the embarkation line move faster... If it gets me on the ship quicker...If it starts my vacation all that much sooner... I'm loving it!!!!:p

Well, I'd love it IF it made things move faster, but......

Have you seen the kiosks at the airport and the average joes trying to use them? I think it will reduce employment costs for Carnival, but I'm not sure it will speed up the check in time.

Well, I'd love it IF it made things move faster, but......

Have you seen the kiosks at the airport and the average joes trying to use them? I think it will reduce employment costs for Carnival, but I'm not sure it will speed up the check in time.

I agree they would need someone near each kiosk for assistance. It sounds good in theory but the airports don't have 2000+ people all checking in at the same time for one airplane. It will definitely cut cost for Carnival. Maybe this will lead to online check in:rolleyes:

It sounds great to me. We've never sailed out of Miami, but if they put it in Port Canaveral, I'll use it. You fill everything out on line anyway ( at least I do) so why not make it easier to check in.:rolleyes:

I agree they would need someone near each kiosk for assistance. It sounds good in theory but the airports don't have 2000+ people all checking in at the same time for one airplane. It will definitely cut cost for Carnival. Maybe this will lead to online check in:rolleyes:

Online check in will never happen until CBP changes its rules. It is not allowed for international flights and unfortunately will not be available for cruises because of the immigration issues.

It would seem to me that since you would still have to wait in a line to then get the actual sign and sail card that it really wouldn't speed up the process that much. Seems to me those that take a bit to check in are those who don't have all their stuff in order and self checkin wouldn't help that situation. If you print your fun pass, have passport, other id's handy and credit card ready to go check in was quick and painless.

Check-in for Platinum cruisers has almost changed from a perk to a tedious chore.........It seems that the S&S cards are rarely ready, there is usually only 1 person checking people in, until they finally notice that there is a crowd gathering.

If I can use a self-service kiosk and proceed to my preboard area that's something that I would really be interested in.........

My passport is not swipeable. How does that work? Maybe it's for the passport cards?

Also, I'm in charge of my family's cruise. I'm putting mulitple cabins on my debit card. Will I be able to sign in for all of them at once? Hmmm. Guess we'll have to wait and see when we get to Miami in Nov.

My passport is not swipeable. How does that work? Maybe it's for the passport cards?

Also, I'm in charge of my family's cruise. I'm putting mulitple cabins on my debit card. Will I be able to sign in for all of them at once? Hmmm. Guess we'll have to wait and see when we get to Miami in Nov.

Do you have a US passport? I've never seen one that isn't swipeable?????

Have you given 2nd thoughts to using a debit card to secure your S&S account and that of multiple other people? From what I've heard they put a hefty hold for each person which could tie up a lot of your money. Most advice here on CC is that a debit card is the least desirable way to set up your account.

But to answer your question, Each person (or responsible adult for a minor) is going to have to swipe there own identification which is okay if everyone is traveling with a passport, but if anyone is using a DL and birth certificate they will probably have to go through the regular line since a BC can't be swiped. And if you are securing their S&S account with your debit card or credit card you will have to be with them at the time they check in with your card. They won't just let them say they have your okay, and they have to swipe the card for each passenger.

Sister and I always put all of our travel expenses on my Seamiles card and when we check in I not only have to initial that it's okay for her S&S charges to be on my card but they swipe the card twice, once for me and once for her.

Check-in for Platinum cruisers has almost changed from a perk to a tedious chore.........It seems that the S&S cards are rarely ready, there is usually only 1 person checking people in, until they finally notice that there is a crowd gathering.

I noticed this on our last cruise - our first as VIP: only one CCL staff person doing check-in and there were only two desks for that purpose. Fortunately, we arrived very early so the one person handling the VIP's was doing fine and we were done in 10 minutes but I imagine later, even if a 2nd person were added, it would be seriously backed up.

I noticed this on our last cruise - our first as VIP: only one CCL staff person doing check-in and there were only two desks for that purpose. Fortunately, we arrived very early so the one person handling the VIP's was doing fine and we were done in 10 minutes but I imagine later, even if a 2nd person were added, it would be seriously backed up.

Noticed the same thing on my last cruise (Splendor) out of Fort Lauderdale. Still wasn't a very long wait, but it wasn't any quicker than regular check in at the time we got there. I'll be curious to see how it is in Baltimore in a month!

I do have a US passport. I never really noticed that it was swipeable.

I use cash for my S&S card. If my allotted cash is exhausted I use my debit card. Never had a hold put on my card. And the money usually isn't debited from my account until I'm home for about a week.

Archived