CC Sailaway Party - Solstice Med Cruise

Mysticks1

We are sailing on Solstice and have a fairly active roll call. We need to choose a place for a Sailaway Party/Meet and Greet. Can some of you who have sailed on Solstice suggest the best place for this??

The Sunset Bar is the only place that I have come up with so far. I know we need to have a bar with good service and plenty of seating and I personally would like to be away from any cigarette smoke due to allergies. I am guessing we might have a group of 15-20.

We sail at 6:00 PM and sunset is 6:56 that night so a good view of the sunset would be great if those who have sailed Solstice on a Med cruise can add info related to that would be great.

Thanks in advance for your replies. :)

We had ours at the Sunset Bar -- over 100 people. It's an ideal place. The smoking wasn't really a problem plus 20oz Heinekens for $4.50. :)

But, with 15-20 people, you could probably go to just about anyone of the outside bars, but I think the Sunset Bar would be the best for views, pictures, etc.

If it rains or gets too crowded, there's a bar one deck below right outside of the oceanview cafe.

Sunset bar will have smokers on one side--we are doing ours on the non-smoking side---

we are thinking of 3:30 so we can then all go to the lifeboat drill & dinner.....

anyone sailing Sept 18th pls join our roll call--not too late by any means!

Sunset bar will have smokers on one side--we are doing ours on the non-smoking side---

we are thinking of 3:30 so we can then all go to the lifeboat drill & dinner.....

anyone sailing Sept 18th pls join our roll call--not too late by any means!

Thanks for the replies

hcat we will be boarding as you get off - hope you have a good cruise!

That's not good--we have non-smokers & children attending---

If it gets bad we can go one flight up (or is it down?) to the other aft bar area!

Mysticks--we'll keep the ship in good shape for you!

That's not good--we have non-smokers & children attending---

If it gets bad we can go one flight up (or is it down?) to the other aft bar area!

Mysticks--we'll keep the ship in good shape for you!

I hope they will be enforcing the smoking area rules - if not I will have to move. I can't breathe cigarette smoke due to sinus/allergy issues.

Thanks hcat - hope you have a good cruise!

Archived