My Alaska Pictures

DizzyDallasDi

I took over 1000 pictures on my May 23-30 Zuiderdam cruise. Somehow, I managed to pick through them and put together a video. There's no pictures of the ship in this but I thought you might like to see it anyway.

This was my first trip to Alaska and I'm helplessly hopelessly in love with this majestic land. Now I've got to figure out how to make this an annual trip. ;)

Turn up the volume because I set it to music.

http://www.youtube.com/user/dizzydallasdi

Diane

P.S. I posted this same link on the Alaska board.

My niece just looked at your pictures. They were awesome. Was that Glacier Bay or Hubbard Glacier. Thanks for sharing.

It was Glacier Bay and there's only one picture of it -- the one with the eagle. It was raining cats and dogs and very cloudy while we were there so I'm lucky to have gotten that one.

I'm so glad you guys are enjoying my pictures. :)

Diane

Diane, we were on the Zuiderdam June 27 and this was a wonderful way to share it! Great shots! I am sharing it with my family in Phoenix today where we are having a heat advisory it is so hot! Thank you for helping bring the chill back :o)

Diane, we were on the Zuiderdam June 27 and this was a wonderful way to share it! Great shots! I am sharing it with my family in Phoenix today where we are having a heat advisory it is so hot! Thank you for helping bring the chill back :o)

Oh lordy, I completely understand the summer heat in Phoenix. I lived there for 7 years (1993-2000). Dallas is currently in a 100+ heat wave, not supposed to go away until next weekend. Ya know what, when I moved from Dallas to Phoenix in 1993, I thought I had experienced summer heat and that Phoenix wouldn't be a problem. I ate those words the first summer. I'll never forget the weatherman saying that the low that night would be 110.

Let's all hope for a "cool change". :D

Diane

Ouch, a low of 110 is miserable! We hit 114 today on the west side, but that was our high! Our low tonight will be in the high nineties they said...2 weeks ago we were on our verandah checking out the little islands of the inside passage...i will keep THAT thought in my mind! Guaranteed to help :o)

Just beautiful, Di, and I love your choice of music. I sat here rocking from side to side, smiling. Then I sent the link to the friends with whom we're traveling to Alaska in September.

I esp loved the shot of the seagulls on the blue glacier. If I'm very nice, any way you'd consider emailing it to me so I can put it on my screensaver?? It's cphillips556 at yahoo dot com ... and thanks for even considering it....

Carol in SC

Just beautiful, Di, and I love your choice of music. I sat here rocking from side to side, smiling. Then I sent the link to the friends with whom we're traveling to Alaska in September.

I esp loved the shot of the seagulls on the blue glacier. If I'm very nice, any way you'd consider emailing it to me so I can put it on my screensaver?? It's cphillips556 at yahoo dot com ... and thanks for even considering it....

Carol in SC

I feel honored you'd want one of my pictures. Look for it in your inbox. :D

Diane

I feel honored you'd want one of my pictures. Look for it in your inbox. :D

Diane

Got it! Thanks soooo much. Now I can look at my screensaver and think of Alaska ....

I really appreciate your being nice enough to send that to me. THANKS!!!!

Carol in SC

Thankyou Diane, DH and I have just had our Sunday morning coffee and a wee trip to Alaska.:)

Wonderful images and a perfect choice of music.Brought back such great memories.The whale even looks like it's smiling and happy to pose for the photo.:D

I am so glad you loved Alaska ,it is such a special place.,your pictures captured much of it's magic.

Those wakeviews.......sigh,...thankyou:)

Great pictures...brought back memories of a couple summers ago for me. I especially liked your picture of the sea lions basking on the bouy. We saw some of those doing the exact same thing the day we went whale watching. Loved your choice in music as well.

Makes me keep hoping to be able to take the Amsterdam to Alaska next summer. :)

Archived