Universal Studio from Port Canaverl

cruisenuts4life

Has anyone gone to universal ?There is no excursion offered on ship so we were going to take cab.We are in port 7 hours but am worried about traffic .Are there buses to take you there from Universal? I s it really worth the trip?

If you are in Port Canaveral for seven hours only, you really do not have time to go to Orlando for Universal. It is about 60 miles each way. You will have at least an hour drive, and have to be back on the ship 30 minutes before sailing.

That gives you 4 1/2 hours there. Plan on at least 30 minutes to get in and out of the park, so you have four hours. Sometimes you can wait in line an hour for a single ride.

Go to the Kennedy Space Center instead.

With the construction on the Beeline, traffic could a nightmare:eek:. Kennedy Space Center is close by and interesting.:) Not sure when you are cruising, but summer time is peak at the local parks in Orlando and you could wait 60-90 minutes:eek: for any one ride and to me that would be a waste of good money that could be spent somewhere else.;)

I hope you arent taking a cab to Universal, it would cost a fortune, yikes. (Maybe Im not understanding where you are taking a cab to?). As most said going to Orlando, if you only have 7 hours total would be cutting things close to me. Go see the Manatee reserve in Port Canaveral, or go to Fish Lips restaurant at the port. Go see something close.

I would think that wouldn't be enough time. I would also think a 1 hour cab ride would be pretty expensive. We will be in Port Canaveral in September but are there from 7-7, so we are renting a car and going to Sea World in Orlando as we have season passes for any Busch Gardens park. The car rental is only running $38.

I'm wondering the same thing as the OP. Isn't Universal near the Magic Kingdom? Magic Kingdom is a Carnival excurison. I am thinking that renting a car and going to either place might be a better idea.

Kennedy Space Center is interesting.... I've been there twice now...

I don't think you have time to go to Universal.... If you decide to spend more time there after the cruise or something, I HIGHLY recommend Universal's "Islands of Adventure".. I've been there a couple of times and it is a great park. It is alot of fun and very pretty. I personally liked it better than the original Universal Studios, (they are right next to each other)....

Thanks for all of your information. I was also considering the space center never been there. We are going in september.That was my problem with universal didnt want to be rushed.I think we will stay close,any suggestions on places to eat?

Thanks for all of your information. I was also considering the space center never been there. We are going in september.That was my problem with universal didnt want to be rushed.I think we will stay close,any suggestions on places to eat?

The thread under Florida, which is under East Coast Departures (Florida has its own thread), called I work in Port Canaveral has tons of suggestions if you want something local. Most love the two fish places at the port, menus can be found online to look at prices.

I have to hang my head, I ran across the street from the Radisson and grabbed a McDonald's combo meal.

One time after a cruise we did the air boat ride which is in Titusville, short distance from the port, it was fun. You could rent a car, do the airboat ride and still have time for a nice lunch at Cocoa Beach. Don't remember the name of the place but sure you could find it by using Google.

• 2 months later...
I'll also be cruising in November and stopping in Port Canaveral. Since I'll be there from 7am-7pm, should that be enough time to do Universal Studios with an Express Pass? We'd probably rent a car and just drive there.

We are also cruising in Nov. I've already reserved a car from Avis, and we are headed to Disney. Why? Well years ago DW & I bought a 5 day "Park Hopper" pass to Disney, and used only 4 days. These are "Forever" tickets with our picture on them. So, why not?

Oliver

If some one really must do a Universal day, then you should consider booking a room at one of the 3 onsite hotels (Royal Pacific Resort is usually the cheapest). This will provide front of the line for almost every ride and will assist in getting you the most out of a Universal visit. However, I concur with the others that such a visit should be ruled out on such a short stay.

Archived