Wanting a room that is not available

I am traveling with a bunch of family on FOS in November. Due to some price changes we all recently did some category and stateroom changes.

We have 4 rooms all together now (7362,7364,7366,7368) when we used to be scattered all over the ship. We also have one room a couple doors down (7378). We had called to see if 7370 was available to have all 5 rooms in a row, but RCL said nope.

I checked to see if any 5 in a row options were available for us anywhere else on the ship and they aren't. I know it's not a totally huge deal that the 5th room isn't directly next to the other 4- and if I was in the 5th room, I probably wouldn't mind at all, but I'm not the one in the 5th room.

I called RCL so many times yesterday during all these room swaps and really don't want to call again today, so I am hoping someone knows the answer to this question to help me avoid having to call them:

Would RCL contact the owners in the room we want to see if they would be willing to go a few cabins down? Could they/Would they be able to hold the room for us to move into if it suddenly became available?

Thanks!

Rae

To be honest, I do not think RCI would call the other guests to change cabins. There is no reason to. They other guests booked it, and your group already have cabins in that area.

Truly, this is not going to affect your cruise in any way. Many of us have to have cabins a few doors down from our friends and it has never become an issue.

Relax and enjoy

I am traveling with a bunch of family on FOS in November. Due to some price changes we all recently did some category and stateroom changes.

We have 4 rooms all together now (7362,7364,7366,7368) when we used to be scattered all over the ship. We also have one room a couple doors down (7378). We had called to see if 7370 was available to have all 5 rooms in a row, but RCL said nope.

I checked to see if any 5 in a row options were available for us anywhere else on the ship and they aren't. I know it's not a totally huge deal that the 5th room isn't directly next to the other 4- and if I was in the 5th room, I probably wouldn't mind at all, but I'm not the one in the 5th room.

I called RCL so many times yesterday during all these room swaps and really don't want to call again today, so I am hoping someone knows the answer to this question to help me avoid having to call them:

Would RCL contact the owners in the room we want to see if they would be willing to go a few cabins down? Could they/Would they be able to hold the room for us to move into if it suddenly became available?

Thanks!

Rae

I doubt it.....most people would want to keep what they have.

I too doubt they would ask someone to move. I think it could be possible to have RRCL offer them an OBC on your behalf. Can't hurt to call and ask ;)

In past cruises we have found that doing rooms across the hall from each other actually works better than ones next to each other (unless they are adjoining... then that is the better option).

There was a thread on here a good number of months ago about someone who got a call from RCCL asking them if they would be willing to move cabins for this very reason.

Now I don't know how much influence you have to have in order for them to do it, but according to the poster of that thread, it certainly did happen, at least that one time.

I don't remember how it turned out.

Theron

I booked a balcony cabin on my upcoming Freedom cruise. My TA called me and said RCI wanted to know if I would be interested in moving, because of the exact reason the OP is asking. I wasn't too keen on the idea, because I book far in advance to get the cabin I want, on the higher decks. They wanted me to move from midship deck nine to deck six center hump. I asked my TA to ask RCI if they would offer me an OBC to move, and if not, I'd stay put. They offered me $50 OBC, so I moved. However, since the cabin they offered was a good one, we probably would have moved even if they didn't offer an OBC.

So in answer to OP's question, yes, it can happen.

Just call RCI and be put on a wait list for that cabin. People cancel and change cabins on their own all of the time.

When i booked my upcoming TA on the Navigator I really wanted an OS but at the time were all booked so I took a GS. I asked to be put on a wait list for OS 1320. About 2 weeks later I got a call from RCI saying that 1320 was now available and if I still wanted it. So give them a call. It does happen.

I don't understand why you would need 5 cabins in a row? Maybe if you wanted adjoining cabins. But I don't think thats they have than many adjoining cabins together. Whaddaya plan on doing...knocking out morse code on the walls? ;)

If you wouldn't mind being in the 5th cabin, why don't you take it? Once you get aboard you can switch rooms...just go to Guest Relations and have new keys made so your Sea Pass matches your room.

Good idea.

I don't understand why you would need 5 cabins in a row? Maybe if you wanted adjoining cabins. But I don't think thats they have than many adjoining cabins together. Whaddaya plan on doing...knocking out morse code on the walls? ;)

I agree. Sounds like a cool idea getting 5 cabins together, but there isn't really any need.

Thanks everyone.

I will call RCL and ask if there is a way to waitlist, and if so- I can say it was done and I tried.

I would switch with the other cabin but that one sleeps 4 (and there are 4 in that family) and my room only sleeps 2!

There are 2 other families in our group that are elsewhere on the ship, so its not as if we all NEED to be together, it just sorta happened and my sister is "so close, but yet so far" and wanted to be next to us as well, and I said I would see if anything could be done. I will let everyone know what RCL says and if it happens.

I was on a cruise with DH years ago (NOT RCI) and wished the cruiseline would have called us or switched us. We did not choose this cabin, BTW.

We were smack-dab in the middle of a a 10-cabin family reunion. We had people going back and forth and kids running up and down the hallways at all hours of the day and night.

Not very relaxing for us, to say the least.

Archived