Any itinerary you are NOT interested in?

rmmm

Port Moresby (actually have friends who are traveling there at end of month!)Beirut was actually on ship itineraries briefly several years ago-i would still like to see that whole area when the middle east calms down.

Beirut is actually one of the places I would love to visit, eventually. When I was young, and growing up in Western Europe (many many, many moons ago), Beirut was one of those cities sought out by the "rich and famous" of the day.

I really don't understand the politics involved since one hardly ever hears anything about Beirut any more but I would love to go there - it's on my "Bucket List".

I have managed to cross off many of the cities on the "Bucket List", and enjoyed every single one of them, but Beirut and Havana are still waiting to be crossed off.

Valerie:)

Since you have not been there before, you are sure to enjoy the Caribbean. If you will note, those of us who posted negative on that itinerary are mostly a case of "been there, done that" who are underwhelmed with repeating. For me, I am glad I went when the islands were not overrun by too many passengers from too many ships and the beaches did not remind me of Coney Island on a summer weekend!!!:)

I'd like to second that! The Caribbean is great (if you haven't been there before), especially when it is not over-run as in the summer. You will enjoy your trip I am sure;)

I was wondering which itineraries you are not interested in? I am not really interested in the Panama Canal cruises. Where do you not want to visit?

I don't/won't go anywhere anymore if I have to be on a ship that only has fixed seating for dinner.....

I don't want to go anywhere that's hot and humid. That leaves out the Caribbean, but that's all right---I didn't like the Caribbean the first time I went, and haven't found reason to change my mind.

Unfortunately, that also leaves out the Amazon cruise, which I think would be fascinating. :( I guess it also leaves out a World Cruise, since it spends so much time hovering near the equator.

We're no longer interested in Australia/New Zealand cruises. After three years in a row we've had enough.

Would love to get bored with the Caribbean or Alaska next.

Anyone want to swap?:)

Steve.

I was wondering which itineraries you are not interested in? I am not really interested in the Panama Canal cruises. Where do you not want to visit?

I am not interested in Seattle/Vancouver to Hawaii, miserable weather etc., but Panama Canal cruises are great...

DH hates sea days (he'd go nuts with more than 2 in a row) so we won't be booking anything to Hawaii, or a T-A, or a GWV, etc. However, on our Panama transit, that counted as a port day even though we couldn't get off. :)

Since you have not been there before, you are sure to enjoy the Caribbean. If you will note, those of us who posted negative on that itinerary are mostly a case of "been there, done that" who are underwhelmed with repeating. For me, I am glad I went when the islands were not overrun by too many passengers from too many ships and the beaches did not remind me of Coney Island on a summer weekend!!!:)

Exactly!

Get away from the dock area as soon as posible and you will find less hassel and some nice places , I'm sure. Old churches and graveyards are interesting in the stories of storms and

other causes of death.

I'm not interested in ANY seven-day itinerary regardless of where it goes. My minimum is generally 14 days, and preferably longer. That's why I only do one cruise per year.

Other than that, South America or the Amazon wouldn't appeal to me. Too hot there. Neither would Anarctica ... too cold there.

But, of course, as I get older, I could feel differently and maybe will do one of those super hot or super cold itineraries someday.

Blue skies ...

--rita

The west coast of South America isn't too hot south of Equador, and not cold until close to the tip of Chile.:)

Not interested in sailing the Caribbean or the Mexican Riviera.

I wish there was a Montreal/Quebec City return cruise up to Iceland via PEI, NB, NS, NFLD and Greenland instead of the Montreal/Quebec City to Boston/New York cruises.

Our flight flew over Greenland and I tell ya it was some gorgeous landscape from the plane.

Not interested in Alaska. Don't want to cruise to cold climates!

IMHO you are missing a great cruise. We live in a cold climate (summer seems to have FINALLY arrived today) and still..... Alaska calls me. Have been 5 times, and am trying to arrange a 6th :D But not everyone loves it, and not everyone longs for it. However, to ME (and I speak only for myself here) there is something spiritual, reverent, soul-touching about Alaska. Not really beaches and Daquiris, but so out of the ordinary that I'll go back again and again and again....

That Alaska 14 day cruise on the Amsterdam looks interesting. I love Alaska and have been there many times. It is so beautiful. When I am on a ship that stops at Cartagena or Montego Bay I stay on board and enjoy the amenities of the ship.

I'm bored of Caribbean cruises and many of the islands, St. Thomas in particular. Despite having never been on an Alaskan cruise, I have no desire to go on one (if I want to go to Alaska or the Inside Passage, I just drive to Prince Rupert and hop on the ferries for a fraction of the price). Although, I do wish some of the cruises would stop at more places along the BC coast on the way up. Prince Rupert has a lot of neat stuff plus rafting opportunities along the Skeena River, and of course, the Queen Charlotte Islands.

I also have no desire to do a Canada/New England Cruise (unless it was free of course ;))

IMHO you are missing a great cruise. We live in a cold climate (summer seems to have FINALLY arrived today) and still..... Alaska calls me. Have been 5 times, and am trying to arrange a 6th :D But not everyone loves it, and not everyone longs for it. However, to ME (and I speak only for myself here) there is something spiritual, reverent, soul-touching about Alaska. Not really beaches and Daquiris, but so out of the ordinary that I'll go back again and again and again....

I totally agree with you feelings on Alaska. I have been saying for some time now that surely GOD summers in Alaska. It just takes your breath away.

Not interested in Caribbean or Mexican Riviera but would take either if family wanted to go. I would just stay on the ship as I have done before.

Archived