Glory 7/11 - NIGHTMARE - My Review

jas1178

Wow - this post rises from the dead. I wondered if it would after being mentioned in the Miracle Hot Hot Hot thread.

Not sure if I said this here - (I am the op) but as a tip to those that might ever find themselves in this situation:

1. Do NOT be patient in finding a resolution - history has shown they will drag it out until you go away.

2. Ask to meet with the Chief Purser (Now called the Guest Services Manager) right away. They have the sole power to move you, compensate you, or help you invoke the guarantee.

3. If resolution cannot be made timely - invoke the guarantee. In the long run, take the pro-rated refund and book again.

One final comment - in the end Carnival did a partial refund (much less than if I had invoked the guarantee) which was all that I could ask for. I consider the situation resolved - and have had serveral awesome cruises since then.

I don't get it... seems like the OP (who I belive is being honest and accurate) is reporting his room was measured in the 70s - he reported 74 to 79 degrees at various point in the narrative.

Now, I understand temperature is personal preference, but I keep my house at 78 - 79 in the summer and am very comfortable. No one who visits complains. I don't know how someone would have any difficulty sleeping at 79 degrees (don't wear PJs is my advice there.)

What is the desired temperature they wanted? They mentioned other places in the 60s. Did you want your room to be in the 60s? I don't think that is a reasonable expectation.

Personally I don't think it is normal to keep a home at 79-79 degrees ever. That is way to hot to sleep at night. There is no way I would ever be able to sleep in the temp even without PJ's :eek:. The OP is not being unreasonable and I don't think they ever mentioned what temp they wanted it to be except comfortable. :rolleyes:

Personally I don't think it is normal to keep a home at 79-79 degrees ever. That is way to hot to sleep at night. There is no way I would ever be able to sleep in the temp even without PJ's :eek:. The OP is not being unreasonable and I don't think they ever mentioned what temp they wanted it to be except comfortable. :rolleyes:

Don't know if Salty is going to see your post as i haven't seen Salty post here for awhile.

The post you are replying to was from 2 years ago.

Bill

Archived