Will a laptop fit in the safe?

Hellolost

Just curious where we would keep the laptop when we are out and about.

A laptop will not fit in any ship cabin safe that we have seen. Maybe a netbook might.

We usually put the laptop into a drawer our just leave it out. We have not had a problem yet.

Don't think the 11-inch laptops/notebooks would even fit.

It may be best to put it into your suitcase and lock the suitcase. That's one other suggestion in addition to what CL-JW suggested.

Regular notebooks no, most netbooks yes. I have had my netbook on our last three cruises and it fit in the safes all times. This was on both the Caribbean Princess and the Ruby.

I put my HP in the desk drawer- or on a closet shelf, with clothes kind of around it- so it is not seen readily- on a 31 day cruise- no problem, and sometimes I forgot- Just most of the time not out for easy access. Never a problem.

Add me to the list of people who has left my laptop out in the open frequently, on 10 cruises, and has never had a problem. I usually store it on the little shelf above the drawers in the bedside tables, which is also readily visible. But, it's not uncommon for me to leave it on the desk or something if I need to charge it while I'm up on deck or ashore.

If you are very concerned, I might suggest the following: we always stow our suitcases under the bed. You might do this and, as someone above suggested, lock your notebook in a suitcase under the bed when you're out and about if you're concerned. But, I really doubt you'd have any problem.

And happy cruising! :)

Don't think the 11-inch laptops/notebooks would even fit.

It may be best to put it into your suitcase and lock the suitcase. That's one other suggestion in addition to what CL-JW suggested.

Unless you have a hard shell suitcase it doesn't do a lot of good.

In all the cruising we have done and on many different lines, we have NEVER found anything missing.

I have left my DVD/Camera and jewelry in a closet.

If you still don't feel good about it......take it to the Purser's Desk and they will keep it for you.

No problems here with leaving our computer out. We frequently set it up to show our cabin steward pictures taken on during the cruise and leave it on while we are at dinner. We do have password protection on things that matter and turn off WIFI.

All of you that take your laptops on cruises. Do they charge you to use their WIFI?

I would like to take my laptop in November to Aust/NZ cruise but don't want to pay the prices they charge.

Any way to get around that?:confused:

We were on Star in May. DH kept the laptop out on the desk the whole time. Plus, he had the gps on the laptop with the "antenna wire" running out to the balcony. He even showed the room steward pictures from our home. DH had his little "office" set up, so I was glad we weren't worrying about moving it all & finding places for it.

Add me to the list of people who has left my laptop out in the open frequently, on 10 cruises, and has never had a problem. I usually store it on the little shelf above the drawers in the bedside tables, which is also readily visible. But, it's not uncommon for me to leave it on the desk or something if I need to charge it while I'm up on deck or ashore.

If you are very concerned, I might suggest the following: we always stow our suitcases under the bed. You might do this and, as someone above suggested, lock your notebook in a suitcase under the bed when you're out and about if you're concerned. But, I really doubt you'd have any problem.

And happy cruising! :)

Now this sounds like a great idea.:D

All of you that take your laptops on cruises. Do they charge you to use their WIFI?

I would like to take my laptop in November to Aust/NZ cruise but don't want to pay the prices they charge.

Yes depending on the package 55-75 cents per minute.

Standard rates apply. The good news is you can compose and read email off-line. That saves a huge amount of time.

While on the ship, the only way to get online is to purchase time on the Princess wireless internet network. The Grand Class ships offer wireless access in the atrium and other places. Many of the ships (maybe all at this point? I'm not sure) also offer wireless internet connections in your cabin and elsewhere on the ship. We knjow for a fact this is offered on the Caribbean, Ruby and Diamond. And I believe this also implies it's available on the Sapphire, Crown, Emerald, as they are the same class of ship as those we've already been on. I also believe the Grand Class ships that have gone through the so called "Gem Class upgrade" offer this: the Golden, Star. I can't say for certain about any others in the fleet.

And, of course, there are also wireless options on shore. Some can be free but others charge.

Archived