Air 1st class

Cal Cruiser

My wife wants to fly 1st class, but HAL is making it hard??? My T/A is having a very hard time getting the tickets. It is something about the booking with HAL so she says that HAL has to issue the tickets and then she will try to upgarde us when HAL issues the tickets??

Has anyone had this trouble?? My T/A says that HAL is the only one that has this kind trouble about their air tickets.

:confused: Why not simply book your own first class air? Why do you need HAL to do it for you? It is doubtful their price would be lower than you can get on your own.

:confused: Why not simply book your own first class air? Why do you need HAL to do it for you? It is doubtful their price would be lower than you can get on your own.

100% agree with you, even your TA can offer for the same price or maybe even cheaper.

HAL only handles coach tickets -- doesn't even make any difference if you choose "air deviation" with them.

You will end paying more for those first class upgrades via HAL than if you booked them on your own.

We always fly first class and book our own tickets -- and we can choose our schedule that is (hopefully) the best for us.

Open Jaw

We have done quite a few of them -- repositioning cruises.

HAL is even worse on those!! A few years ago we checked HAL prices (and upgrading) -- and found we would have spent over $1000 more with all of the deviations and upgrades through HAL.

Just book your own.

HAL only handles coach tickets -- doesn't even make any difference if you choose "air deviation" with them.

You will end paying more for those first class upgrades via HAL than if you booked them on your own.

We always fly first class and book our own tickets -- and we can choose our schedule that is (hopefully) the best for us.

Actually HAL will book whatever class you desire, but as you say, the fare and the routing may not necessarily be the cheapest or the shortest.

Stephen

An add on....

Once HAL have issued the tickets I don't think they can be changed by anyone else... eg a travel agent.

I've had this before when I tried to change a flight to one at a different time.

But that said, you can request HAlL, at time of booking, any particular airline, class, route or date. Bit it ain't necessarily going to be best price.

Stephen

My experience differs somewhat from others. Twice, I have had itineraries that involved open jaw flights--one was in Economy/Coach and the other was in Business/First. In both instances, HAL was able to get me tickets at a price that was less than what I would have been able to do for myself.

We're doing a Westbound Transatlantic on the Oosterdam on October 16. We usually fly Business or First, and found that we could book a balcony Eastbound on the RMS Queen Mary 2 the week before for less money than Business Class, including air fare from Heathrow to Barcelona. Too much fun!

On Open Jaw flights involving at least one overseas flight (Europe, Asia & South America) HAL has ALWAYS cost us less than booking them myself. (This is for over a dozen flights the last 10 years.)

For Fall 2009 HAL's price for a flight from South America was about 1/4 less than I could do.

Now, for domestic and round trip flights, HAL has sometimes been more and a few times less than I could do.

While we usually fly coach (ugh!!!), HAL has done Business and even First class tickets for us on occasion.

Archived