why funship dollars

don24

[quote name='TahoeBob']If carnival mails a check back to the people who do not go to the desk and get there refund, then I stand corrected on this part.[/QUOTE]

They put the check under your cabin door very early on the morning of departure.

• 1 month later...
[quote name='nanuak'][SIZE=4][COLOR=purple]We do the same thing. We put all charges on our AMEX, and pay it off in full when the bill arrives. Although we don't earn a lot of interest on our vacation account, some is better than none :D.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[/quote]
We do the same thing to but use a reward credit card so I not only get a little interest by keeping my money but I get cash back from the credit card companay. We always pay off our credit card bill in full so there is no interest expense to offset our cash back. Works for me and the cash back made nice spending money in the ports.

Is it true that you can't use your funship dollars which turn into onboard credit towards your gratiuties? I think I read that on the Carnival site. Does Carnival really look at each cruiser's account in that much detail to figure this out?

[quote name='don24']why use funship dollars? not being jerky here but if you buy them dollar for dollar whats the point .if there is good reason let me know .asa a gift i can see it but for your self????[/QUOTE]

We can choose FunShip Dollars with incentive certificates that we can earn at work.

Carnival really has their fingers on the pulse of their customers to know that they will send money in for funship dollars, expect no return, just the exact same dollar amount. The millions they collect yearly with this great deal must make somebody in the company absolutely giddy with delight. Unbelievable!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi - well first, I am a huge Keith fan as well. Just saw him perform at Hershey, PA & was an excellent show! I am having fun messing around on cruise critics and reading everyone's posts. I'm a little confused when you talk about "gift certificates" do you refer to like visa g.c. or specifically Cruise/Carnival specific gift certificates to go toward paying for your next cruise?? Is there a basic or generic gift certificate that any cruise line would use - as in cruise credit?? Just wondering. I'm very new to this and am actually leaving on my first cruise NEXT Sunday!!!! Absolutely cannot wait. I have been enjoying everyone's comments on just about everything pertaining to cruising. Lot's of fun! Oh - Love the song too: God is Great, Beer is Good & People R Crazy......

• 1 month later...
i just got a pretty good deal last week on craigslist... i did a search for carnival and found someone selling 800 bucks worth of fun ship dollars and i ended up buying them for 500... not a bad deal. my gf and i were able to uprade our existing room to a balcony and had 320 left over..

[quote name='limoguy1']Hey dgp!! Thanks, I happen to get lucky. I did a Carnival search on Craigslist in the ticket section and there it was. You got a good deal on yours as well. I will likely use these on the Miracle in July.:)[/QUOTE]
I found this on the Carnival site under terms for Funship Dollars " It is void if sold for cash or other consideration. Fun Ship Dollars are transferable only when gifted." Just thought some might like to know... Carnival may not be this strict with their policy,,, but buyers might want to beware... FYI.

Archived