Room Service Menu

eby

Room service menu images, thanks to Tak2. I tried to enhance them a little to make them easier to read, but it's always difficult to get a good picture of a printed object.

rsvc1.jpg---rsvc2.jpg

We just stepped off the Regatta yesterday and while we saw the first page of cold items on the menus above (we had a B2) our binder did not contain the second page. We were quite disappointed not to see any hot items listed and considered phoning to ask if any were available but instead decided to just run upstairs to Tapas and fill a couple of plates to enjoy on our balcony.

Oddly enough, after placing our suitcases in the hallway on the final night we noticed that the information binder was missing. Having payed great attention to the cost of missing items ($10 for a missing shoehorn? $40 for that chintzy alarm clock!, etc) we were afraid that we had packed the binder by mistake and brought our suitcases back in to pull apart and search for the missing binder. The stewardess was nowhere to be seen to ask if she had removed the book to update. We have one suitcase yet to unpack but I suspect that this was the case.

Oddly enough, after placing our suitcases in the hallway on the final night we noticed that the information binder was missing. Having payed great attention to the cost of missing items ($10 for a missing shoehorn? $40 for that chintzy alarm clock!, etc) we were afraid that we had packed the binder by mistake and brought our suitcases back in to pull apart and search for the missing binder. The stewardess was nowhere to be seen to ask if she had removed the book to update. We have one suitcase yet to unpack but I suspect that this was the case.

They collect the binder & the robes to replace any items used by the current occupants EG: envelopes, postcards, coupon.

Get the robes to the laundry for the new cruisers.

Lyn

They collect the binder & the robes to replace any items used by the current occupants EG: envelopes, postcards, coupon.

Get the robes to the laundry for the new cruisers.

Lyn

Yes, we noticed when we went to answer the door that the robes had been removed. :p

Yes, we noticed when we went to answer the door that the robes had been removed. :p

I noticed the first cruise when I went to put the bags out in my jammies & no robes .....so had to get DH to do it before he disrobed ;)

Lyn

• 2 months later...
Am I understanding this correctly? I can't order a hot breakfast but I can order a strip steak and apple pie at 7am?

So has anyone actually called in a hot order early? I probably will pass on the steak and pie. But I did recently order a BLT at 6 to help with seasickness on another line. Could I get the triple decker club at 6am?

How long do you think it would take to be delivered?

So has anyone actually called in a hot order early? I probably will pass on the steak and pie. But I did recently order a BLT at 6 to help with seasickness on another line. Could I get the triple decker club at 6am?

How long do you think it would take to be delivered?

Yes, you will be able to order the club sandwich at 6 AM.

Room Service orders generally take from ten to twenty minutes to arrive.

The server will call your room from the pantry as the order is assembled.

Enjoy your cruise-

I'm drooling just looking at the ROOM SERVICE menu.

I'd be a slobbering mess if I looked at the Main Menus.

Me too! (and my sister!) But I still can't figure out why hot food is available 24 hours a day, but not a hot breakfast?

...But I still can't figure out why hot food is available 24 hours a day, but not a hot breakfast?

I think it is primarily a way to offer the concierge category a perk that is not extended to category B and below. There has to be some difference to justify the extra cost.

The food hierarchy is as follows -- During dinner serving hours, Suite passengers (Owners, Vista and Penthouse) may order from any menu, whether it be the standard room service menu, Polo or Toscana Menu, or main dining room menu. All other cabins may order only from the room service menu.

At breakfast, all suites, plus all concierge (categories A1, A2, A3) may order from an expanded hot breakfast menu. All other cabins order breakfast from the Continental Breakfast menu.

At all other times, all of the cabins may order from the standard room service menu.

The hot breakfast menu was only recently (in the last year or so) extended to the concierge cabins, after they lost some other exclusive perks -- for example, all cabins received hand held hair dryers and DVD players, which used to be exclusive to Concierge and above.

• 3 months later...

Usually we are in a PH although we booked too late for that on the Midnight Sun cruise in July, so we were in an A3.

As to room service ... whatever category room we've been in, I don't think we've ever ordered more than a sandwich when we got back late from a tour. This would have to be very late because if Waves is still open, we'd go there rather than order from room service.

That room service posted a bit higher didn't look familiar to be in an A3 but that COULD be because we weren't looking for real meals.

The sandwiches WERE good!

I also agree that unless you are in a PH or above, there really isn't room to have real meal service. Even when we ordered sandwiches in our A3, we were pressed to figure out where to put the plates and where to sit.

We have enjoyed the roast beef sandwich, the cheese selection and the creme brulee in particular as a stop gap before dinner after a long day in port.

One night we decided to stay in and ordered the steak and something else for dinner and both meals were TERRIBLE. We didn't eat it and so it helped us in the battle of the bulge... Got to be a silver lining in everything!

Mo

Archived