Door signs

IrishLassie

Does anyone know if it's OK to hang a sign on the outside of your cabin door?:confused: We were able to put one on our door on Princess, but wasn't sure if it's allowed on H.A. It's to announce our anniversary along with our friends next to us (2 signs).

Thanks for your help.

I've hung signs on my cabin doors in the past - I'm very bad with numbers and have been known to try my key card on the wrong door :eek: and this helps me to find where I belong!

No one has ever said anything and I think I have heard of others here who have put signs and decorations on their own doors.

We put a "smiley face" magnet on our cabin door. The doors are metal, so magnets work great. If you want to put up a sign, be careful as to the adhesive you use, make sure it will be removable at the end of your cruise.

Happy Anniversary.

The doors are metal, so magnets work great.
Our Cruise Critic refrigerator magnet has never stuck to any HAL ship door we have tried it on. However, I will admit we didn't try it on the Westerdam, as we didn't have it then.

On our last cruise on NCL, there was this one room we passed everyday about 3-4 times. They used the gel decorations, and daily we seen them moved from door to door. It was kinda funny to watch it's progression.

Does anyone know if it's OK to hang a sign on the outside of your cabin door?:confused: We were able to put one on our door on Princess, but wasn't sure if it's allowed on H.A. It's to announce our anniversary along with our friends next to us (2 signs).

Thanks for your help.

Last year on the Oosterdam we had door signs for everyone from cc that were part of the Winner's Cruise. I ordered magnetic paper that can be used in your printer from Magnet Valley.com  It's a great way to find your cabin when you are walking down a long hall way after dinner and maybe a few glasses of wine.

Have fun.

710950148_finaldoorposter-Sign.jpg.ff1681828067263899ef9e594e8e3bc5.jpg

Last year on the Oosterdam we had door signs for everyone from cc that were part of the Winner's Cruise. I ordered magnetic paper ...

Last November 13th you said:

The area next to the door is magnetic. I used magnetic paper ...
So - did the magnetic paper stick to your door or not?

Last November 13th you said:

So - did the magnetic paper stick to your door or not?

On the Oosterdam there is a area right next to each door that is magnetic but to be on the safe side I also put double stick poster tape on the back of the signs. They remained in place for the entire cruise. I also made up a special sign for our Sail away party to put on the door of the suite that the party was taking place.

1727409269_Sailawayparty.jpg.8d94366bb12fab63baa3be294cb004d0.jpg

Last year on the Oosterdam we had door signs for everyone from cc that were part of the Winner's Cruise. I ordered magnetic paper that can be used in your printer from Magnet Valley.com  It's a great way to find your cabin when you are walking down a long hall way after dinner and maybe a few glasses of wine.

Have fun.

On the Oosterdam there is a area right next to each door that is magnetic but to be on the safe side I also put double stick poster tape on the back of the signs. They remained in place for the entire cruise. I also made up a special sign for our Sail away party to put on the door of the suite that the party was taking place.

Wow' date=' you are so talented! I can barely adjust the CC door sign. ;)[/color']

Wow, you are so talented! I can barely adjust the CC door sign. ;)

Thank you, but not sure it's talent or just a lot of extra time. DH as a pilot travels quite a bit so it's just me and my dog Lilly and she's pretty good about me spending time on projects. I also have to give credit to my wonderful Apple Computer (a gift from DH).

Hope I have answered the OP question.

Staples or other office supply houses carry a sticky putty that can be used to hold up signs on the doors and when you remove it it leaves no residue like tape does. We have used it for years.

Ruth & Jim

That's a great idea, I have also used the sticky putty. I have found that the poster tape also does not leave any residue behind after you remove the door sign. It will hold up to 1/4 lb. I usually put 2 strips one along the top and then another along the bottom just to make sure it holds. Good luck and have fun with this project.

Mary and I have decorated our door on more than one cruise.

Halloween Night on the Veendam 2006 -

2322343140067870248QWMoas_th.jpg

2960937390067870248szXhMa_th.jpg

2761763660067870248gfKSpx_th.jpg

You can also do the window.

2390155650067870248ajihsb_th.jpg

Our door to 5187 on the Oosterdam in 2007

2847216520067870248zYRjtp_th.jpg

Our anniversary.

2002361860067870248ndOgPH_th.jpg

The wonderful sign that Wandering Winos made for the CC sail away party in our suite.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=126282&d=1248896649

Plus a few others. We use poster putty or vinyl applicates and have never had a problem..

Jeff

Mary and I have decorated our door on more than one cruise.

Halloween Night on the Veendam 2006 -

2322343140067870248QWMoas_th.jpg

2960937390067870248szXhMa_th.jpg

2761763660067870248gfKSpx_th.jpg

You can also do the window.

2390155650067870248ajihsb_th.jpg

Our door to 5187 on the Oosterdam in 2007

2847216520067870248zYRjtp_th.jpg

Our anniversary.

2002361860067870248ndOgPH_th.jpg

The wonderful sign that Wandering Winos made for the CC sail away party in our suite.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=126282&d=1248896649

Plus a few others. We use poster putty or vinyl applicates and have never had a problem..

Jeff

Hi, Mary & Jeff. How are you? What's on your cruise schedule?

Shirley

Archived