What is Quest?

WE have not been on RCCL since 2001. Don't remember Quest. We are on Monarch next month. Can someone be definitive and tell me:

Do inside cabins have safes? What to do if they don't?

Do inside cabins have bathrobes? Would they provide them or should we bring our own X robes?

Where is the C&A person's desk on Monarch?

Thanks, Patty

WE have not been on RCCL since 2001. Don't remember Quest. We are on Monarch next month. Can someone be definitive and tell me:

Just go and see, it's a lot of fun. I don't want to spoil it for others.

Do inside cabins have safes? What to do if they don't? Yes.

Do inside cabins have bathrobes? Would they provide them or should we bring our own X robes? No. I didn't need one, so need for me to bring one.

Where is the C&A person's desk on Monarch? Don't know, sorry!

Thanks, Patty

Have a great cruise.

The Quest is essentially an adult scavenger hunt. I'll leave it to you to go and find out exactly how it transpires.

There are no safes in an inside cabin on the Monarch. Here's the word from the RCI website.

"On Monarch of the Seas, there is a safe in the Royal Suite (RS), Owner's Suite, (OS), Grand Suites, (GS), Junior Suites, (JS), Superior Ocean View staterooms, (SO).

Safety Deposit boxes are available fleetwide on Royal Caribbean vessels. They are available at the Guest Relations (Purser's) Desk. This service is free of charge unless the key is lost. A nominal fee will apply for any lost keys. Safety deposit boxes are available on a first come first serve basis."

As a rule, there would be no robes in an inside cabin. But it looks like all your Celebrity cruises would qualify you for RCI Diamond Status. Call Crown and Anchor before you go and be sure this is in place. You will be given robes because of that.

On board ship, the C&A rep is usually called a loyalty ambassador/future sales consultant. Looks like he/she can be found on Deck 7.

We don't get bathrobes in our D1, so I doubt that you can get them for an inside - I have read that you can possibly request one. I always bring my own!

Quest - all I am going to say is it's an "adult scavenger hunt" - it's a lot more fun if you don't know anything about it beforehand! Remember, what happens at Quest, stays at Quest!

Whoops! Sorry I asked. My DH is very, shall we say "staid". I'll have to bribe him to go and then we'll see if he is willing to stay. Sounds like fun to me.

We are Diamond so we'll see what happens robe-wise.

We have not cruised, due to knee surgeries (mine), since Jan/08 and I am so anxious to get on a ship!

we had robes on our cruise 2 weeks ago, platnium perk...so yes, even if inside cabin and ur plat. you will get.

All ur questions were pretty much answered....and Quest...btw, my team won 2nd place 2 weeks ago on Monarch...we rocked it, is all I will say! :)

have fun!

the first rule of quest... you don't talk about quest...

2nd rule about Quest, it doesn't make much sense if you do talk about it.

There were many, many warnings about it having adult content, I give the CD lots of credit for that, with that said it can be very crude, beyond what some might find as acceptable adult topics, some folks did leave. We found the 1st 1/2 hour entertaining, but after that it just seemed to drag on, I think alcohol probably makes it more fun for some than others. Be warned that it was the loudest show we attended on the ship.

Just our experience, some folks love it.

It is a lot of fun but sometimes not for the easily offended......It is more fun if you don't know what to expect, so very few folks will give you too many details :) I have been three times and have always had a blast!! I hope you do too.

Whoops! Sorry I asked. My DH is very, shall we say "staid". I'll have to bribe him to go and then we'll see if he is willing to stay. Sounds like fun to me.

We are Diamond so we'll see what happens robe-wise.

We have not cruised, due to knee surgeries (mine), since Jan/08 and I am so anxious to get on a ship!

Before our first RCCI cruise I was intrigued by the secrecy surrounding Quest and the way people on this board were so excited by it, so couldn't wait to see what the fuss was about. What a damp squib! This type of game has been played by the British, German and other Europeans on holiday in the Spanish Costas since the 1970s - and is a lot more raucous than the tame versions on the RCCI cruise ships believe me! This type of thing must be fairly new to our US friends - or maybe us Europeans are a lot more broadminded! If what I've seen happen at this game in Spain or Greece happened on a cruise ship, the participants would be thrown off! :eek:

Before our first RCCI cruise I was intrigued by the secrecy surrounding Quest and the way people on this board were so excited by it, so couldn't wait to see what the fuss was about. What a damp squib! This type of game has been played by the British, German and other Europeans on holiday in the Spanish Costas since the 1970s - and is a lot more raucous than the tame versions on the RCCI cruise ships believe me! This type of thing must be fairly new to our US friends - or maybe us Europeans are a lot more broadminded! If what I've seen happen at this game in Spain or Greece happened on a cruise ship, the participants would be thrown off! :eek:

No one has claimed that it is *new* or *unique*. I don't know why you are so incensed that you have seen this sort of thing before.

Do inside cabins have safes? What to do if they don't?

Do inside cabins have bathrobes? Would they provide them or should we bring our own X robes?

Where is the C&A person's desk on Monarch?

Thanks, Patty

Patty, I don't think that anyone answered your last question.

The Loyalty Ambassador's desk is on Deck 7 in the Centrum.

No one has claimed that it is *new* or *unique*. I don't know why you are so incensed that you have seen this sort of thing before.

I don't know where you got 'incensed' from and obviously misunderstood my message - I also didn't suggest that RCCI claim it to be 'new' or 'unique!' I'm not incensed - just amused (or bemused!) at how excited some people seem to get about a game that is old hat to me. It was built up to be something special and really raised my expections and curiosity, but I ended up feeling a bit disappointed that it wasn't something that I hadn't seen a hundred times before in European holiday places and was a lot tamer than I've seen before!

We've always had a great time at the Quest and didn't find it offensive. It is definitely for adults though.

The first time we played was on our honeymoon on the Epirotiki and they did the best job ever organizing it, but it was a small ship. We got gold medals for 1st place on the Grandeur. :eek:

Go and have fun and you can always leave if you or DH find it offensive.

:) I am not one of those easily offended but I am sure there have been some that are and have walked out. I figure I might as well warn them ahead of time - ha.

Just saw that movie Bruno, saw a few people walk out of that - yikes.

I was just about to post that. It's the one thing that everybody should be willing to post.

We go to Quest every time. Never get tired of it. Sometimes we participate, others just watch. But always fun.

How "tame" or "wild" it gets depends so much on the ship and alot to do with the CD. We have found that on the Freedom and Voyager class ships it is not as wild. I think it is b/c it is in the IceRink and b/c it is so big, it is much harder to keep the kids out. So I think it is tamer. On the smaller ships sometimes it gets pretty wild. But regardless, it is also fun and just a great laugh to go and be a part of

Enjoy it. Also, check out Love & Marriage. Depending on the couples, it is another one that can make you laugh til you cry.

There is also a 70's street party down in the Centrium that is so much fun. We love going to that.

We recently came off Grandeur and knew that Quest was going to be somewhat lewd, but is was fun.

Our 19 yr. old son was our groups runner and he says he is scarred for life (he's just kidding, he loved it) for some of the things he had to carry to the stage.

Our CD Clo made it great and we had a blast. It's a must see even if you don't participate.

Quest ..... :rolleyes: Great fun, open minded, adult only entertainment!! :D Went to watch and ended up playing...:eek: Made lots of friends and was easily recognized the rest of the cruise...:p Just go and see what it's about...you can always leave...but I think you will stay just to see what will happen next.

We had robes in our cabin on the Mariner...but not on the Sovereign. Haven't sailed the Monarch yet...thinking about planning a "family reunion" on the Monarch in May 2010.

Enjoy your cruise!!!

We don't get bathrobes in our D1, so I doubt that you can get them for an inside - I have read that you can possibly request one. I always bring my own!

If you are platinum or higher in the C&A, you are entitled to have robes for the duration of your cruise, regardless of the category of your stateroom. If you don't get them, ask your room steward. If you have not yet reached the platinum level, you can still ask your room steward and if there are any available, he or she will get them for you.:)

Archived