Adam Goldstein Address Ship Deployment (sorta)

Negc:

But what I'd like to be able to do is the other half of the itinerary rotation. I think they'd get more return if they switched it year to year. That way if some one (like me) goes on a week long cruise that goes to points a,b,&c and truly enjoys the ship can then the next year go to points d,e,&f.

For example this year we went on the Southern Caribbean route that goes to barbados. The other week is the one that goes to St. Thomas. Unfortunately, the St. thomas cruise is always on the week before or after my allotted vacation time. If they switched year to year I'd have the chance to go and the cruise line would get more of my hard earned $. Instead we have to look at other options (cruise lines) because we've already done all the itineraries offered during that week and would like to do something different.

I understand your situation but scheduling is a complicated process and it might be easier for you to convince your employer to allow you to take your vacation a week earlier or later. If you don't believe that your employer can do that, why expect Royal Caribbean to alter its successful formula to accommodate an individual situation such as yours?

Over the recent years, I have e-mailed Adam..several times. I gotta give the guy credit. I have gotten replies, clear answers and found that he is straightforward and honest.

I want Celebrity and RCI full time in Galveston....I want alot of things. But, until the time comes that Galveston looks like it would be year round profitable, I will settle for what we get....4 months.

I just read the guest blog entry from Diana Block (It was posted on the 10th), and she said that because of legal reasons, :eek: they can't talk about why there isn't a year-round ship in Galveston!

http://www.nationofwhynot.com/blog/?p=281

Bull puckies...... They pulled the ships and sent them outside the states. Just be honest RCL, we can deal with it. Don't hide behind a "lawyer" excuse.

I am sure Houston will make a really GREAT deal at this point to get ANY ship into that port.

Added my comment for renewed year round in Galveston. However I can live with Mobile or NOLA.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone else received this survey? It was sent to me via e-mail last week and said I was "selected" from passengers who have sailed on Voyager out of Galveston this year. It contained several questions about my impression of Galveston as a departure port...i.e., proximity to hotels and other attractions, friendliness of staff, availability of parking, etc.

The second part of the survey listed ports of call in Panama, Mexico and the Caribbean and asked which I've visited, if I'd go back, and why.

Do you suppose (hope? pray?) RCI is finally getting serious about bringing a ship to Galveston year-round and offering some alternative itineraries???

Has anyone else received this survey? It was sent to me via e-mail last week and said I was "selected" from passengers who have sailed on Voyager out of Galveston this year. It contained several questions about my impression of Galveston as a departure port...i.e., proximity to hotels and other attractions, friendliness of staff, availability of parking, etc.

The second part of the survey listed ports of call in Panama, Mexico and the Caribbean and asked which I've visited, if I'd go back, and why.

Do you suppose (hope? pray?) RCI is finally getting serious about bringing a ship to Galveston year-round and offering some alternative itineraries???

Not sure but I just received a similiar survey a few days ago and I sailed the Med. on the Legend of the Seas in August. There were a lot of questions and there were some that focused on the port of embarkation which in my case was Rome.

Those that really want more ports around the country, should write to their members of congress, to get the Passenger Vessel Act (PSA) of 1886 repealed.

This will allow for more eastern seaboard, gulf coast, and west coast cruises, as well as the opening up of Hawaii as a departure port.

It's in your hands....if you have ever voted for a member of congress that does not support the repeal of the act, then you are as much a part of the problem as Adam Goldstein is.

John McCain tried to repeal it a while back but was hoodwinked by Trent Lott and a few others. When Bush morphed the Maritime Agency into another federal department and cut government loans to American shipbuilders, the bill was dead in the water. It never came up for a vote if memory serves.

What I don't understand is why the ships do the same itinerary all the time. Don't get me wrong I like finding new cruises to go on each year. But our problem is that we only get our vacation time at a certain time of year and so far all the ships we'd like to go on again are still doing the same itinerary. I wish they could switch the schedules every year that way one year we could do one itinerary and the next year do the other.

Aren't the itineraries planned around weather and seasons? Would anyone cruise Alaska in the dead of winter or the Tropics mid-summer? Don't the seasons dictate where the ships are and what ports they call on?

Anyone else think its a bit strange to homeport Indie in Southampton UK, when it doesnt have an indoor pool? Even the Canaries in winter isn't exactly hot weather:p

Now they have taken the Brilliance to Dubai, there is nothing in Europe and we are going to have to give NCL a go.

I agree about repealing that ancient law but how is anyone at RCI the problem?

They have to first answer to the stockholdrs

Then answer to the customers

Then answer to the employees

If every cruise line put a ship whee people want one, without regard to profitability, that would be irresponsible.

Galveston: Bring us a ship that does the Panama Canal! 10 and 11 day cruises. There is such a lack of product to the Canal now, it would work!

haven't seen that, hope enough in support of Galveston get one!!!!

I agree about repealing that ancient law but how is anyone at RCI the problem?

They have to first answer to the stockholdrs

Then answer to the customers

Then answer to the employees

If every cruise line put a ship whee people want one, without regard to profitability, that would be irresponsible.

Galveston: Bring us a ship that does the Panama Canal! 10 and 11 day cruises. There is such a lack of product to the Canal now, it would work!

another vote for a full-time ship in Galveston. I would LOVE doing 10 or 11 dayer out of Galveston!!!!!

I would love to see more cruises out of Galveston and the return of 4 night cruises out of LA!!!!! I used to cruise the Monarch every other year. We would do a 7 night one year and a 4 night on Monarch the other year--it was the best!

Kerrie:)

When they moved the Mariner out to LA and did the first short cruises for TA's etc, someone did ask about short cruises. The answer was that while the over the weekend cruise was an easy sale, the cruise that would during the work week was a tough sale.

Archived