Where to put luggage tags

rpmljm

The way bags are "stacked" in the racks when loading on the ship, I would most definitely use the handle on the "pull handle" end if given a choice. I also print a few extra tags and cut one end off a tag and place it inside on top of the contents of each bag. That will give them an additional clue as to where the bag goes.

Doc

Laurie, you worry way too much :D securly put on..they re pretty hard

to pull off..

any handle will do..two if you want..an overkill would be to use masking tape on the 4 sides of your luggage with your cabin number on it..

Thanks for the help.

Since we are flying before the cruise, will the airlines care if there are so many tags for Carnival since they have to put their tags on as well?

I don't think the airlines care. It actually helps me find my luggage on the carrousel.

When we exited San Juan airport they had 2 airport employees at the door ripping everyone's tags off.........like they used to in the old days.......

We put them on each handle, but not until we are ready to go to the ship such as at the hotel. We have, put one the side handle when we were flying, just in case, the luggage got lost, the airline would know where to find us.

When we exited San Juan airport they had 2 airport employees at the door ripping everyone's tags off.........like they used to in the old days.......

They were probably ripping off the previous airline tags so the bags wouldn't go to the wrong flight. I never leave the cruise line tags on after we board the ship and it's common sense to take off your old airline tags.

We've been cruising for I can't remember how long now, and have always put the cruise line tags on before we leave home. Never had any problems and if they're on securely, they won't come off until you cut them off.

I don't think you're suppose to attach them until AFTER you have picked up your luggage in baggage claim.

I see what you're saying, but how do you attach them? Do you carry a heavy stapler with you in your carry-on?

rpmljm, if you prefer to do it this way, take cable ties with you. That's what I put ours on with, but I always put them on before we leave home. At least if your luggage is left at the airport, they'll know where to send it.

Archived