"LIVE" from Freedom of the Seas / Aug 2, 2009

Radio

Radio-This thread is so great! I do have a question about Ocho Rios. WE will be there later this month on the Freedom.

We have been to this port once before but donot remember seeing Island Vilalge and Margaritaville you have pictures of. Is that within easy walking of the pier? And if so, which direction?

thanks for all of the great info!

Radio, next time your in Jamacia, you really should check out the Sunset Grande, we were there last year about 30 of us from the Mariner, what a great time we all had very beautiful resort swim up bars, several 5-6 pools a huge water slide. We did the all inclusive which included lunch and all you could drink. You will love this place.;)

There is a regular concierge lounge I think of deck 9 and then there is the Diamond Lounge just off the Viking Crown aft area. I also think he spoke that Willy was in the regular concierge lounge.

Tim

The Suite Concierge Lounge is on Deck 10 on Freedom Class Ships. (They were on Deck 9 on Voyager Class ships.

Yes, the Diamond Lounge on Freedom Class is where the 19th Hole Sports Bar was on Voyager Class.

Willy is the Diamond Concierge. I will find out who the Suite Concierge is.

There is great coffee up there ;);)

Radio

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Radio, again, thank you so much for everything you are giving to us armchair travelers. I hope you are enjoying your cruise as much as we are!

I have a question for the well cruised. We booked a balcony guarantee on Freedom. We were given an E-1 at the back of the ship. I asked the TA if she couldn't get us one of the cabins closer to the elevators as my friend is physically challenged and has trouble walking. She got us 9392 which is a D-2, but still at the very back of the starboard side. I've only cruised on port side, but I can deal with starboard. However it's no further foward. I see that 7340 an E-2 hump is available, but the TA said they won't change our category. I don't understand what the problem is to go to a smaller E-2 when it is a step down, not up. I'd like to call RCCL myself. Any ideas or suggestions for me?

TIA,

Cheryl

The Suite Concierge Lounge is on Deck 10 on Freedom Class Ships. (They were on Deck 9 on Voyager Class ships.

Yes, the Diamond Lounge on Freedom Class is where the 19th Hole Sports Bar was on Voyager Class.

Radio

THANKS for the correction Radio!!

Keep these posts and pics comming! Makes me feel like I am crusing right along with you.

Tim

Thank you SOO MUCH, Radio!!

I'm sitting at work (update NY) and needed a mini virtual Ocho Rios break right now! :D

I was there at Island Village & Margaritaville 3yrs ago...and it was a very short visit! We also ran into the Hard Rock across the street from there and got the mandatory shot glass.:rolleyes:

Perfect timing!:D

Thanks again for all your 'hard work'.... Someone really should be paying you for taking these great cruises and providing us all with this great informational LIVE updates!

Hi Pam .... I hope all is well!!!

Radio, next time your in Jamacia, you really should check out the Sunset Grande, we were there last year about 30 of us from the Mariner, what a great time we all had very beautiful resort swim up bars, several 5-6 pools a huge water slide. We did the all inclusive which included lunch and all you could drink. You will love this place.

Yes. . I heard good things about the Sunset Grande. . . Lots of FOS Passengers went there today !

That is on my list for next time. . . Thanks ;)

Radio

Edited by Radio

I have a Question!! :DRadio this is so great!! Thank you again!

My bf and I are going in January and we NEVER get time alone (except when we're sleeping:rolleyes:) because of our schedules. On our cruise we find it really important to find some spots that are a little private - especially nervous about FOS since the largest I've been on is Radiance. Can you tell me if you have found anything like that and if so, how to get to it? Thank you so much!

P.s. - Any pics from some hump deck 9 cabins? I'll be in 9340 and would love to see the location :D

Deck 4- Outside. they have several lounge chairs and there is hardly anyone there. We spent the afternoon of our last sea day there because we had too much sun and couldn't find chairs in the shade on the pool deck as too many towels and books were relaxing on them.:D

Ended up being a great afternoon for peace, quiet, reading and a nap with a view of the ocean and the sound of the waves. And no I didn't have a view of the ocean WHILE I was napping.:p

We are enjoying your cruise with you! Thanks for all the comments and pictures.

A question..............how do you get to Island Village? Are there signs directing you there from the pier?

Thanks again!

You cant miss Island Village .... once you walk off the Pier its on your right @ the corner. We walked around there on our last trip to Ocho Rios and plan to do the same on our upcoming cruise in November.

Radio

Thanks so much for your live reports, I can't wait until January. We will have our first aft cabin on Freedom. I know in September Diamond members can no longer use the concierge lounge but that doesn't include the diamond lounge, right? I do so love the diamond lounge. And Willie, is he the same Willie that was the concierge on Radiance back in January '08? If so, did he sing for you? We are doing Eastern in January but that doesn't stop me from living vicariously thru you right now. Thank you:p

Mapsource says it is 134 miles and about 2hr 15min drive.

Ah, yes, but unlike MapSource, I have to go the speed limit and contend with traffic, road construction and time for the potty break at the Interstate Rest Area just west of Olando. (Fortunately, my DW and I are bladder-compatible.)

We've never been able to do it in 2 hours & 15 minutes, but maybe someone can. Of course, I'd hate to bet on making the cruise in 2.25 hours from Tampa International Airport only to wave goodbye to those who made it on time.

Good Evening Radio and Fellow Freedom Cruisers,

We just found out about your site today and It's been so much fun cruising with you today. Needless to say I didn't get anything done today, but dream of cruising. We are headed out in Oct on the Freedom, and I see several fellow cruisers are already onboard your site. (It really is a small CC world).

The photos are really fabulous. You have a great eye and being an early riser, those photos are breathtaking.

Thanks for taking us along on the ride with you and for all your great help. If we ever sail together, how about I buy you a drink. You deserve it from all of us for your info/photos and just being a great guide.

Take care and be safe.

Mapsource says it is 134 miles and about 2hr 15min drive.

Hi Pete - We live just south of I-4, off I-75 and even though it's a straight shot, we always plan for 2 1/2 hours. Things happen, accidents, road work and potty stops. I thinks it's better to be safe than sorry. But from Tampa, I think it could take longer.

We are now going over the night before because it really takes the pressure off. Some of our friends are going over to Orlando, spending the night and then driving to Port Canaveral the morning of. Got a great rate on a 4 star hotel on hotwire.

Hope this helps.

We are enjoying your cruise with you! Thanks for all the comments and pictures.

A question..............how do you get to Island Village? Are there signs directing you there from the pier?

Thanks again!

Just go forward!

1160335132049105042S600x600Q85.jpg

Edited to add that the big sign in the middle says Island Village.

###

Edited by PhoenixCruiser

Radio,

You pictures are fabulous! Will you also take pictures inside the ship? We were just on Freedom in July. Our inside pictures didn´t succeed. I would love to have inside pictures as a memory. Especially Royal Promenade and Windjammer pictures were unsuccessful. We also forgot to take poolside pictures from the upper deck. I would be very grateful if you can contact me after your cruise and send me some pictures. My e-mail address is reiko.san@suomi24.fi

Edited by Reiko

I'll be in 9340 in September. Tell me what you want pictures of and I'll take them for you

Oh you are the BEST!:D I would love a picture of the size and shape of the balcony and also the area from the bed to the balcony doors. Thank you so much!! If you'd like to throw in a pic of the view so i can daydream while staring at it that would be great....:p

Deck 4- Outside. they have several lounge chairs and there is hardly anyone there. We spent the afternoon of our last sea day there because we had too much sun and couldn't find chairs in the shade on the pool deck as too many towels and books were relaxing on them.:D

Ended up being a great afternoon for peace, quiet, reading and a nap with a view of the ocean and the sound of the waves. And no I didn't have a view of the ocean WHILE I was napping.:p

Thank you so much RicknLisa!!

You have a great day in Grand Cayman today! As usual you are just "bringing" us along with you experiencing almost everything. So many people sitting at home thinking they are with you.. just marvelous....

Thanks for all the great pics and hints about the cruise...

Good morning to Mrs Toad if you're reading...

your ole pal

Ah, yes, but unlike MapSource, I have to go the speed limit and contend with traffic, road construction and time for the potty break at the Interstate Rest Area just west of Olando. (Fortunately, my DW and I are bladder-compatible.)

We've never been able to do it in 2 hours & 15 minutes, but maybe someone can. Of course, I'd hate to bet on making the cruise in 2.25 hours from Tampa International Airport only to wave goodbye to those who made it on time.

Of course that 2:15 is with ideal conditions, no gas stops/potty breaks/food stops/slow downs due crashes or construction. I would want a 3 hour window just for the drive.