Gem 11/08 dailies/ general ?s

att

Ourselves and good friends just booked on NCL Gem,W Med for 11/8. Anyone have dailies/ secret- not to miss ideas for Gem and is it easy to get Euros in every port - I'm assuming thru ATMs right? How much do you usually need ?This is 1st cruise in Europe and 1st w/ our friends. Am looking forward to this w/ great expectations.

just returned from gem on 7/19. we had a great time. the gem is a beautiful ship, with an outstanding crew. we were in a suite, so breakfast and lunch at cagney's was wonderful. you're going at a less crowded time of year, so touring europe should be a pleasure. try to stay in barcelona for a couple of nights and see the sights in and around las ramblas. atm's are available, but you might want to exchange some here before you travel.(NOT at the airport however). must sees are pompeii, the amalfi coast, rome, of course, and the small villages of tuscany(san gimignano was incredible). cannes was great for shopping and people watching. i hope the weather cooperates. have a great time!

Always great to hear the input, we're really looking forward to this cruise. We're booked in deck 9 BB cabins 9082 and 9076 anyone have any issues w/ these locations. They seem midship not above or below any major noisy areas that I can tell.

Att, highly recommend that you transfer your dollars to euro's here in the

US before you go....Its the cheapest way to do it.....If you get to Barcelona early be sure to check out La Ramba(sp?)......If this is your first time to Europe have a great time and take lots of Pictures!! :D:D

Make sure you check our your ROLL CALL and the PORTS OF CALL message boards. Amount of EUROS you will need can vary widely. If you take ship tours, they go on your account. If you take private tours, they might take a charge, or might require EUROs or other local currency. The boards mentioned above and in the link below will help alot with that.

Att, highly recommend that you transfer your dollars to euro's here in the

US before you go....Its the cheapest way to do it.....If you get to Barcelona early be sure to check out La Ramba(sp?)......If this is your first time to Europe have a great time and take lots of Pictures!! :D:D

Now I'm confused :confused:. I've read on these boards that it is cheaper to use your bank card at the ATM machines in Europe to get Euros. So which is it, in the US at your local bank or the ATM machines in Europe? Thanks for any info on this. :D

Now I'm confused :confused:. I've read on these boards that it is cheaper to use your bank card at the ATM machines in Europe to get Euros. So which is it, in the US at your local bank or the ATM machines in Europe? Thanks for any info on this. :D

It's often cheaper to do it at home...BUT...if you're already in Europe and find yourself in need of local currency, the ATM is usually the way to go.

Also depending on the bank you use, you might be able to use an ATM without fees. Like Citi (or is it chase) has actual branches in some European Cities and Bank of America is a member of a banking alliance with some banks in Europe.

Michael

It's often cheaper to do it at home...BUT...if you're already in Europe and find yourself in need of local currency, the ATM is usually the way to go.

Also depending on the bank you use, you might be able to use an ATM without fees. Like Citi (or is it chase) has actual branches in some Eruopean Cities and Bank of America is a member of a bankiong alliance with some banks in Europe.

Michael

Mahalo guys!:)

Archived