Night before Cruise

Rhitson88

We fly in the day of the cruise so the night before I finish up my packing, lock the luggage and put on my tags. Then I go to bed early because we book our flights to leave CLT around 6:00-8:00 a.m. and it takes us 30 mins to get to the airport. Then I lay there awake all night because I'm afraid that if I go to sleep, I won't hear the alarm.

Needless to say by around 9:00 in the evening, I'm ready for bed and sleep very well that night!:D

Rocket, your cruise and wedding are coming up so soon! Congratulations! You must not be sleeping even now!

For me, I'm usually up watching the weather, as almost without fail, (well, three out of four times) we get a big freakin' snowstorm the day before the cruise (or the day before the flight if we fly a day early). I really hate having to cruise in the winter (married to a farmer, so we have no choice!)

I can never sleep and end up staying up all night but was interested to see what other people did the night before your cruise. Are you able to sleep? Or do you do it like me and you CANT sleep so you occupy your time with something else? Let me know. This should be a hot topic people.

If it is a possibility, I watch the ship come in. You talk about excitement. I even wake up my husband to let him know.:p:D

Rocket, your cruise and wedding are coming up so soon! Congratulations! You must not be sleeping even now!

For me, I'm usually up watching the weather, as almost without fail, (well, three out of four times) we get a big freakin' snowstorm the day before the cruise (or the day before the flight if we fly a day early). I really hate having to cruise in the winter (married to a farmer, so we have no choice!)

You are very right, and I work nights so it is really hard to sleep, I just try to sleep when I can ;)

Night before flying out to cruise (day before embarkation) - I am a mess - trying to get last minute packing done - luggage too heavy - getting docs/carryon ready - usually forget to eat dinner - get a bad headache and cranky! Go to bed too late worrying about tomorrow's flight!

Actual night before cruise (in Florida?) - much more relaxed (assuming I made it? :D).... check into hotel - find a nice place for dinner - scout out store for wine or beverage purchase - lay out clothes for embarkation - can I sleep? Hopefully - after the stress of travel, and assuming the bed is comfy..... Do I wake up too early? you bet! Too excited to sleep in - must get up, get ready, get breakfast and get to the port!!!

Froufie....i'm just like you haha.......i normally dont get to bed the night before we leave because,..... we normally have a 6am flight and the shuttle is due at the house at 4am:eek:....so its completely bananas by 3am when the rest of the people traveling with us start bring in their suitcases......

and then it starts to look like home alone:eek::D

Archived