Return to Class System

Sirdar

PS: To the poster who knocked "New Joisey"-I'll bet you no nothing of where I live.

Dude I live in Ventnor on the beach some smacker from TX was dogging where we live................hey if they are out of work they can come here and PUMP GAS.......................thats right we are so spoiled we have cheeper gas and someone pumps it...............NO SELF SERVICE

I sit somewhere in the middle here.

Yes, Suites get the Neptune Lounge, you CAN pay for a cabana or the Thermal Suite or the Pinnacle if you want to - so to a point this is already starting to happen, just it is rather on a pay-as-you-go system rather than an all-in prior to sailing package as in the 'old days'.

And it is still true in many venues on land, along with attitude and perception.

(Me and my partner walked into a Mercedes dealership last year wearing casual clothes (but not cheap!). One sales guy continued to check his private email and play Solitaire on his computer while we waited for some assistance. He never came over, but another guy did immediately after finishing with another client. He got a cash sale the next morning...);)

This is a certainty, along with death and taxes. Oh, and as pertaining to the "upper" class, I'm not even sure about the taxes.:eek:

Smooth sailing to you...

Good point - 'money' does have a way of avoiding at least some of those pesky taxes.. Some even feel they are too important to pay them, they are for the 'little' folks - wasn't it Leona Hemsley (the 'Queen' standing on guard at the Hemsley Hotels) who said something like that?

Happy cruises & lots of 'em! :)

:confused: What is wrong with people 'buying' more if they wish?

I know I would be wise to not bother with the question but, Oh Well.......

If someone wants to buy a larger cabin to use for a week and included in the price are certain comforts and amenities (such as Neptune Lounge), where's the problem? It isn't like there is a list of people who are not permitted to buy that category. HAL is more than happy to take the increased price from anyone who wants to pay it.

There is nothing free on a cruise ship. It is just that some things are included and somethings are extra. Suites pay extra to get extra.

What makes it any different than first class section on airplanes or concierge level floor in a hotel and the like?

[This is a question Kryos (Rita) definitely would have commented about. She always always took the position that people who wanted to buy more should be able to do that.]

Yes Sails, Rita would have weighed in on this one. I can hear her voice in my ear. 'If someone wants to pay out the butt to have cool stuff more power to them. I can't see it myself because I would rather take more cruises than less.'

If others pay a higher fee for more exclusive services in some way that may keep my favorite ships sailing in better circumstances.

For myself, I'll take the cheap seats as often as I can and cruise more times each year.

There already is a class system in place on most cruise ships now. If you want the eloquent service and gourmet food, like we use to regularly receive, you now pay extra for it.

DDWW

:confused: What is wrong with people 'buying' more if they wish?

I know I would be wise to not bother with the question but, Oh Well.......

If someone wants to buy a larger cabin to use for a week and included in the price are certain comforts and amenities (such as Neptune Lounge), where's the problem? It isn't like there is a list of people who are not permitted to buy that category. HAL is more than happy to take the increased price from anyone who wants to pay it.

There is nothing free on a cruise ship. It is just that some things are included and somethings are extra. Suites pay extra to get extra.

What makes it any different than first class section on airplanes or concierge level floor in a hotel and the like?

[This is a question Kryos (Rita) definitely would have commented about. She always always took the position that people who wanted to buy more should be able to do that.]

Right!

Its very au courant - equality of opportunity (based upon the ability to pay).

Smooth sailing...

No. And it seems that the more they pontificate (I love that word!), the worse they are! Doonsebury is taking off on this very subject presently. It is a different class of people involved. Or, say, classless! I love the politicians who mess around, like in Argentina, and then go on this holy rant.:eek:

[quote name='Sirdar'][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]After reading so many comments on this board (and others) about problems with cruising and fellow cruisers, it occurred to me that at least one line that Carnival owns (perhaps HAL) should return to a “class” structure. Why not have rigidly defined 1st and 2nd class passengers? First class would have their own decks for pool, spa, dining (Pinnacle Grill type food) etc. The lower class would have the standard (or sub standard) offerings. With the size of ships ever increasing, it should be easy to segment portions to meet the different, needs, expectations and pocket books of passengers without the endless requiements to make upgraded dinner reservations or get out on deck to reserve lounge chairs at 6AM. This used to be the norm --why not back to the future?[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=red]Sirdar, as a police officer I see society on a daily basis. I wish you well in your search for the structure you are looking for.;) I say this because I have seen both sides and it has the same face, with the exception some faces have more money than others. I do not find myself offended when I sit down with my wife to dinner and my table mates have a suite, by the way, they don't seem to be either.[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=red] [/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=red]Again I do hope you find what you are looking for, nothing wrong in looking. If you should be assigned a table with my family, I will not be offended if you do not show the next evening, I understand.[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=red] [/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=red]COP[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=red] [/COLOR]

[quote name='COP'][COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=red]Sirdar, as a police officer I see society on a daily basis. I wish you well in your search for the structure you are looking for.;) I say this because I have seen both sides and it has the same face, with the exception some faces have more money than others. I do not find myself offended when I sit down with my wife to dinner and my table mates have a suite, by the way, they don't seem to be either.[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=red]Again I do hope you find what you are looking for, nothing wrong in looking. If you should be assigned a table with my family, I will not be offended if you do not show the next evening, I understand.[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=black][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=red]COP[/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
[/quote]

[B]Cop...... Unless someone specifically asks us (which almost never happens), they have no idea what cabin category we are occupying. What's the difference? Either the people are pleasant to be with or they are not. No reason any person in a Suite or in an Inside Cabin should even bother to say where they sleep. IMO[/B]

[quote name='Boytjie']Is any state immune? :confused:[/quote]
Likely not.

And don't you love Illinois ... one former governor in jail while the recently impeached governor, who tried to sell Obama's Senate seat to the highest bidder, awaits his trial and jail stay. To say nothing of the City.

[quote name='suse']Oh, from Rhode Island, home of the really, really crooked politicians.....:)[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="2"]They should be really crooked, their teachers apprenticed in Texas!:rolleyes:[/SIZE]

[quote name='camp637']Likely not.

And don't you love Illinois ... one former governor in jail while the recently impeached governor, who tried to sell Obama's Senate seat to the highest bidder, awaits his trial and jail stay. To say nothing of the City.[/quote]
How dare you.:)

We have the best politicians money can buy.

Rich

Archived