Two Dawn Questions

Lizcourt

I'm a long-time cruiser, but taking my first NCL cruise on the Dawn in a couple of weeks. Was reading the boards and the FAQs today (getting my 'cruise juices' flowing), and have two questions.

1. The FAQs say you are allowed two pieces of luggage. I've never had any kind of limitation on any cruise line I've sailed before (RCL, Carnival, Cunard, Celebrity, Princess) and wonder if that is something new, and is it enforced? Not saying I definitely need more than that, but want to know before I do my packing logistics.

2. I have seen references that someone has posted on the boards the new "every day" menus in use on the Dawn, but I can't find them. Can anyone tell me where to look.

Thanks in advance!!!!!

When our car pulled up to the curb, a police officer directed us to right in front of the entrance and my husband handed one of the baggage handlers $20.00. He eagerly took everything out of our car and put it on his cart.

My DH and I checked 3 suitcases, 3 12 packs of Diet Coke, and 1 case of Polar Tonic Water (in a Staples copy paper box). Plus we carried on 3 bags. No one said a word and all of our things arrived in our room by 5:40 p.m.

The two checked bags per passenger limit does exist...it was introduced earlier this year, but there have been no reports of it having been enforced. However, NCL theoretically could choose to enforce it. Think about speed limits. They are rarely enforced as posted, but can be...and sometimes are.

Too bad this was listed as a Dawn question vs NCL in general.

The luggage thing has been kicked around for many months. Not one single person has ever, ever come back and said there was any kind of limit on the number of items, or the weight. Ever.

Same with soda or water. Nobody has ever, ever said there was an issue. ( not sure why folks bring water though)

Same with the size of the bag going through carry on. Okay, I have seen one or two issues, but generally, folks take anything they damn well want through the carry on process.

Same with number of bottles of wine. Pay $15 each. No limit.

Archived