Advice 3 day Precruise LA tourist stuff- Hotel

Pamangela

According to the port of LA web site Enterprise is the "official" rental car or the port. On these boards several folks have commented on Enterprise and problems with it. Hertz does not list anything for the port area as a location so would need to put in one of the town names. Seems like some of the hotels have rental agencies in lobby. We have decided to do Torrance CA Marriott with a Hertz agency which is about 8 miles from port.

WARNING so many of the hotels seem to have high parking fees. Stay at the hotel reasonably and the parking is $15=20 A NIGHT. Then all the attractions also have high parking fees. Because you can't walk anywhere in those parts you are at the mercy. How about a tour guide with car -- works in Europe. Good Luck.

Nice photos. It looked like you were pretty busy seeing the sights here. Now you'll have to book another cruise from here so you can see more.

We LOVED LA... cannot wait to come back to se more!!

...and I have TONS of pics of LA, I just haven't labeled them yet but would be happy to post my link-

anyone want to play "what's /where's that picture? Or who's house was that? LOL.

I'll play if I have players!!

We LOVED LA... cannot wait to come back to se more!!

...and I have TONS of pics of LA, I just haven't labeled them yet but would be happy to post my link-

anyone want to play "what's /where's that picture? Or who's house was that? LOL.

I'll play if I have players!!

Absolutely! Post more...

So far...

This looks like driving to the Sportsmen's Lodge from LAX (just past the Getty Museum)

IMG_1501.JPG

This looks like a balcony view from Sportsmen's Lodge looking over Universal Studios

IMG_1505.JPG

And this is when they were filming NCIS: Los Angeles at the hotel while you were there

IMG_1513.JPG

How am I doing so far?

Definitely add more pictures then, as we want to see the rest of the trip and the tours!:D

OK.. here you go... I hope my personal phots don't bore you all..

name the place..

Name the star's home!

Curt.. you are 'spot on' with your guesses!!!! WOW!

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=PamandLarry&target=ALBUM&id=5401862033550899633&authkey=Gv1sRgCJ3U2YG56Y7tKQ&feat=email

You are invited to view Pam's photo album: Los Angeles Ca vacation with Sapphire Princess Cruise

get-attachment.aspx?uid=1.31028410&folder=NewMail&partId=5

Los Angeles Ca vacation with Sapphire Princess Cruise

Sep 30, 2009

by Pam

View Album

Play slideshow

Contribute photos to this album

If you are having problems viewing this email, copy and paste the following into your browser:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=PamandLarry&target=ALBUM&id=5401862033550899633&authkey=Gv1sRgCJ3U2YG56Y7tKQ&feat=email

Your pictures were wonderful. I was confused' date=' we are going on the Golden Princess in April, not the Sapphire. Still in all I enjoyed the pictures and thank you for taking the time to post them[/quote']

Hey Donna......remember the crazy snake killer :eek: from TX?

I was scrolling down the list on CC and saw that you had just posted a comment.

So how are things going in Philadelphia?

I see that you are doing an LA cruise to Hawaii on April. Hope you :D enjoy.

We have been on another cruise - eastern Caribbean aboard Princess since the NCL Canada/New England cruise in Sept. We, also, were back in Brooklyn over Halloween weekend to celebrate Tom's birthday and grandson, Wyatt's, first Halloween.

In January, we are doing an 11-night Med cruise aboard Costa - first time on that line. We depart/return to Rome so we are spending 3 nights in Rome pre-cruise for sightseeing.

Maybe we'll see you :) on another cruise some time in the future....Sheila

08/82 RCCL Sun Viking

06/87 CCL Festivale

05/91 NCL Skyward

05/93 Prin Pacific

07/93 CCL Carnivale

03/94 Com Enchanted Seas

06/95 Com Enchanted Isle

06/97 NCL Windward

05/98 RCC Grandeur

03/99 NCL Sea

12/00 NCL Sea

10/01 RCCL Rhapsody

06/02 ROCL Olym Voy

06/03 CCL Jubilee

01/04 NCL Sea

06/04 NCL Sun

08/05 CCL Holiday

10/05 Celeb Galaxy

12/05 CCL Liberty

03/06 Celeb Mercury

08/06 RCCL Rhapsody

09/06 NCL Dawn

1/06 Prin Sun

01/07 RCCL Rhapsody

03/07 Prin Sea

11/07 Prin Star

08/08 CCL Glory

09/08 CCL Ecstasy

11/08 CCL Holiday

11/08 NCL Spirit

04/09 Prin Island

09/09 NCL Majesty

10/09 Prin Emerald

01/10 Costa Pacifica

So good to hear from you. I'm sure Wyatt must have gotten so much bigger already. I hope all is well.

Yes, we are booked on the Golden to Hawaii in April, with Ed and Marie our usual traveling companions. This is Jim's dream cruise, he's always wanted to visit Hawaii. So now I'm busy trying to gather some hints and as ususal these boards are so helpful.

The Med cruise you are taking is my dream cruise, your trip sounds great.

Donna

So good to hear from you. I'm sure Wyatt must have gotten so much bigger already. I hope all is well.

Yes' date=' we are booked on the Golden to Hawaii in April, with Ed and Marie our usual traveling companions. This is Jim's dream cruise, he's always wanted to visit Hawaii. So now I'm busy trying to gather some hints and as ususal these boards are so helpful.

The Med cruise you are taking is my dream cruise, your trip sounds great.

Donna[/quote']

Hey girl.....good to hear from you. I'm not doing cyber-stalking......just reading, reading, reading on CC to get info on different ports. When I saw your log-in name, it was OMG!!!! Need to respond!

I had an email from Mary and John (remember them) about mid to end of October. They were getting ready to do a repo cruise on NCL (I think that was the line). I finally got around to responding but think they were in the Atlantic by then. Haven't heard back.

Hawaii sounds wonderful!!! 33 cruises and we've never done that. Guess I need to add it to my "bucket list". Ya'll enjoy.

We booked the Med cruise when we did because son #2 will be returning from Seoul sometime in Feb. He will be with us for a while. He's getting married in July. He met his fiance while doing Peace Corps in Morocco. She is not far from your area - Franklin Lakes, NJ. They are getting married in Washingtonville, NY. So we'll be back up that way in July, if not sooner...Sheila

• 3 weeks later...

Did this link work?

..I did forget some of who's homes I took pics of.. so if anyone can help- thanks!

I know I have Lucy Ball, ringo Star, Michael Jackson, Simon Cowl, Jennifer Anison, the first one was Halle Berry...

Curt.. you were doing a great job of guessing locations

• 4 months later...

WOW! I came back on this link to see if anyone had posted a question on this thread I had started, and saw the post has had over 4,700 views!!! Glad to know it still has "luster" of interest.

LA was so wonderful, hubby and I talk about how wonderful it all was and that we'll come back just to visit... and maybe cruise to Hawaii this time and plan more days in Cali. We miss it all! Even miss our little Sportsman's Lodge and Jerry's Deli! And Pinz, too!

We leave for a land trip (what a concept!).... our first one in 12 years that'snot including a cruise.

Will cruise in Sept / Oct and will return to these boards hopefully in a few weeks when we book the high sea vaca.

• 7 years later...