Specialty dining for a party of 7

PAGA

I see that for online/pre-boarding reservations Portofinos and Chops will only accept parties of up to 6 people.

Prior to RCCL allowing advance reservations, we've had no problem standing in line on boarding day and getting a Portofino reservation for 9 people.

I have a party of 7 adults traveling on Jewel in November. When I spoke with a C&A phone rep. yesterday, she informed me that no specialty restaurant will take advance OR onboard reservations for more than 6 people per table. She said I could reserve for a party of 3 and a party of 4...but the balance of our tables would be filled with other passengers...thus suggesting that ALL tables will have 6 people and there are no longer any 4-top tables in the specialty restaurants.

This seating arrangement makes sense to me for the wine dinners and murder mystery...but on a regular night I cannot imagine being asked to share my table with strangers in the specialty restaurants.

So 2 questions:

1) Since advance specialty dining reservations have become available, has anyone successfully made a specialty dining reservation for more than 6 people - either pre-boarding or once onboard?

2) Have the specialty restaurants really gotten rid of 2-tops and 4-tops and are now seating diners with other parties? Or does this only pertain to wine dinners and murder mystery dinners?

Thanks in advance for your help.

You can not reserve for more than 6 people on line because the largest table is a 6-top. Since this will require moving tables together, you will have to call them so they can make the arrangements, or wait until embarkation.

No.....you do not sit with other people in the specialty restaurants.

Whoever told you that your party would be seated with others and that all tables were set for six people, didn't know what they were talking about. :mad: It may be that their system won't accept reservations for parties larger than six but you can certainly arrange to have all seven sit together once you are onboard. On one of our last cruises we had a group of fifteen, and we were split into two tables - one for 8 and one for 7, so seating a party of seven at one table is doable, though perhaps not through the online reservation system.:)

You should just call them:

Food & Beverage

Q: Can Specialty Restaurants reservations be made by phone?

A: For technical assistance with your Specialty Restaurant reservation please call (800) 398-9819 in the U.S. or Canada.

###

Thought this was a good idea, but they said no, they will only advance reserve for parties of up to 6. The phone rep's recommendation was to make 2 reservations for the same night/time then talk to the maitre'd of the specialty restaurant once onboard to discuss moving tables together to accommodate the group of 7.

Thought this was a good idea, but they said no, they will only advance reserve for parties of up to 6. The phone rep's recommendation was to make 2 reservations for the same night/time then talk to the maitre'd of the specialty restaurant once onboard to discuss moving tables together to accommodate the group of 7.

We were on the Jewel this past March. We needed a table for 8 at Portofino's. I booked two tables of four online, then called once we were onboard. They had no problem combining us to one large table. But I had the same problem online trying to book more than six.

I've been back and forth with the Crown and Anchor, and they too, told me to book a reservation for six and then an additional one for two. Then call them, and they would link our reservations together. (we have eight people). The biggest issue though, that I'm trying to work out through them is two of the eight are under 13, so we cannot book online because of that even though we are making reservations prior to the 7:00 pm cutoff. I was hoping they would be able to assist. Awaiting another response from them...

Archived