MY Time Dining Booking Fee (in addition to prepaid tips)

tjpeeb

I tried to add my time dining to my reservation but my TA wanted to charge me a booking fee of 39.00 in addition to the pre-paid tips. I have no problem with the prepaid tips but the booking fee seemed strange. I called RC and, although sympathetic, recommended I get it booked on the ship on the day of departure as I would have to go through my TA to enroll in MTD. :confused:Is this normal or did I get a TA rep who was confused?

I tried to add my time dining to my reservation but my TA wanted to charge me a booking fee of 39.00 in addition to the pre-paid tips. I have no problem with the prepaid tips but the booking fee seemed strange. I called RC and, although sympathetic, recommended I get it booked on the ship on the day of departure as I would have to go through my TA to enroll in MTD. :confused:Is this normal or did I get a TA rep who was confused?

Wow - How awful! I've never used a TA -

BUt it is not normal from what I've heard.

Like the RC rep told you - nothing you can do about it other than call the TA back and ask a different person or wait til on board.

That is not right! Your TA is trying to charge you for this service, just a way to get more money in their pocket. You should fire the TA and transfer to another one who does not charge these types of fees. Did you have to pay them anything else? They get paid by the cruiseline NOT the passenger.:rolleyes:

I am familiar with the company you mentioned and the $39 is to use them as a TA NOT for My Time Dining. If the TA want your business I would ask them to waive their booking fee.

There is no booking fee for My Time Dining, just pre-paid gratuities. Even the gratuities are not due until your final payment.

You can always book My Time Dining on the first day of your cruise, if you feel more comfortable.

It is TA's like this that give us all a bad name. Call your TA tomorrow and tell them to waive the fee. If not ask to talk to the manager, is it a online TA or one you can go and visit? If you can go visit I would go and sit there and don't get angry but a voice that carries can get a lot of stuff done;) they can do the change in about 30 secs from their computer (assuming they use the TA portal). There should be NO fee. And if they agree to it make them email or give you a copy of your confirmation immediately.

It is TA's like this that give us all a bad name. Call your TA tomorrow and tell them to waive the fee. If not ask to talk to the manager, is it a online TA or one you can go and visit? If you can go visit I would go and sit there and don't get angry but a voice that carries can get a lot of stuff done;) they can do the change in about 30 secs from their computer (assuming they use the TA portal). There should be NO fee. And if they agree to it make them email or give you a copy of your confirmation immediately.

I agree completely.

To the OP.

Please do not tar us all with them same brush, I assure you there are good and bad, as there are in most industries

Thanks everyone, The TA was an online TA and to be honest, I would probably use them or another online TA again for this type of trip. The room credit I will receive is worth it for me. If I was going abroad or needed help with more complicated travel I would definitely use a local face to face TA. In this case I had already done most of my homework, knew what room I wanted (corner aft, woot!) and pulled the trigger online. It is a pity they want to charge to me to add MTD. I will call again and ask, after all I am still shopping travel insurance and shore packages. Interestingly enough, they sell those too! We will see how much they want more of my business.

Happy Cruising!

Thanks everyone, The TA was an online TA and to be honest, I would probably use them or another online TA again for this type of trip. The room credit I will receive is worth it for me. If I was going abroad or needed help with more complicated travel I would definitely use a local face to face TA. In this case I had already done most of my homework, knew what room I wanted (corner aft, woot!) and pulled the trigger online. It is a pity they want to charge to me to add MTD. I will call again and ask, after all I am still shopping travel insurance and shore packages. Interestingly enough, they sell those too! We will see how much they want more of my business.

Happy Cruising!

Well if you like the OBC then I guess you have to deal with their fees, did they let you know about these change fees ahead of time? Is it a change fee of which adding the MTD is considered?

Happy Cruising!

Well I'd drop the TA too, but if you don't and you wait to sign up for MTD on the ship be prepared to be refused. I've read several threads where people tried to do that and were told the MTD section was full and they had to stay with traditional. The MTD section on the Jewel was full for our sailing. They do not take a large section of the MDR for this option so I guess that's why it fills up. Just wanted you to be aware that you might not get it if you wait.

We booked MTD with a TA and did not have this added fee.

Archived