Chartered ship

patnjohn

Some people have been successful finding out who chartered a given ship by googling the ship's name and date. If it brings up who is chartering, it often will tell you how to contact.

If you try that, please let us know if it works for you.

Good luck.

Also if a cruise is chartered, the prices are quite abit higher. Unless you want to go for the reason it's charted (Movie Star, Band, special group) you would be better off picking another cruise. I saw a chartered cruise for the Elation for a racer (John Force). Cabins started at $695 pp inside. This is for a 4 day cruise. You can book the next cruise, same ports, $269 pp.

If a ship is charted & you want to go on that cruise who do you make the arrangements through????? How do you find out who chartered it?

EDIT: Here is a really short thread where 3 of us give sites where you can find chartered cruises and someone gives her own site she created. ;)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1033418&highlight=

Full chartered ships -- a regular passenger would have a hard time booking this as the company who charters out the ship settles everything with the cruise line and makes bookings for their people only. Which aren't cheap. But some have great parties that are included in that charter price.

Then there partial charters where a group will come on with around 300 - 500 people -- have been on sailings when that happened. This can be a problem for the regular passenger as they tend to close off lounges from time to time for their parties. One cruise was really bad -- they even closed off the main show lounge for "their" movies during the morning and afternoons nearly every day -- thus forcing things like Bingo and other games into other smaller lounge areas.

Atlantis Events charters entire ships throughout the year, going to various & sundry ports of call. As they have the entire ship, reservations aren't open to the public. As I've always gotten an inside cabin, the cost is a little over $2k for a 7-day cruise, and my deposit is $1k. On my cruise next May with Princess, my deposit was $588, $2,500 for a 14-day cruise.

Like others have said, if an entire ship is chartered by a private company or individual, you will not be able to book a cruise on that ship, no matter what. I know that in the past, Microsoft, Ford and even Oprah have chartered entire ships and no one not associated with those persons or groups were allowed to book.

If it's a partial charter, say a travel agent group or Amway salespersons, you can get on board, but you won't be allowed in any of their private gatherings.

I've not heard of any travel agent chartering and entire ship. Yes, they do book blocks of cabins, but I don't think any agency has the money to charter an entire ship.

I was booked on a cruise but lost the booking when Oprah decided to charter the entire ship. That really hacked me off.

I might have the wrong end of the stick here but I assume the question is concerning a situation like Transocean Cruises who run the Marco Polo and similar companies. For instance the Marco Polo is owned by Global Maritime group who have "chartered" same to Transocean for a period of time. All cruises are undertaken under the Transocean banner NOT Global Maritime Group. Page and Moy a UK company "charter" the Ocean Majesty from Majestic International Cruises of Greece for 6 months a year the rest of the year the vessel may operate under another TAs banner.To find out who owns what try http://www.cybercruise.com/shiplist where all cruise ships are listed by operator.

Archived